Niners vs Cowboys

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":as0ezbvu said:
Seahawks fandom aside, I'd be worried about today's performance if I were a 49ers fan.

Of course you would. Lol.

I know what 'hawk fans are gonna say. Gave up run yards, offense did nothing in second half, Dallas sucked.

They gave up run yards because the were playing with a light box most of the game. They have been able to get away with that in the past with Aldon and Bowman, but clearly that's not gonna work like it has.

Second half was just about killing the clock. Also some really, really bad calls extending Dallas. 7 minute drive and killing Niner drive in scoring position, not to mention a missed chip shot FG by a pro bowl kicker. Really not concerned.

Dallas does suck tho. Niners beat a team they were supposed to beat. Moving on to week 2.

Honestly my biggest concerns are injuries at CB. I know both Marshall and Jeffries were hurt for the Bears today. If be curios to see if we get backup WRs vs backup DBs this Sunday.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3a8mkgzw said:
RolandDeschain":3a8mkgzw said:
Seahawks fandom aside, I'd be worried about today's performance if I were a 49ers fan.

I know what 'hawk fans are gonna say. Gave up run yards, offense did nothing in second half, Dallas sucked.

They gave up run yards because the were playing with a light box most of the game. They have been able to get away with that in the past with Aldon and Bowman, but clearly that's not gonna work like it has.

Second half was just about killing the clock. Also some really, really bad calls extending Dallas. 7 minute drive and killing Niner drive in scoring position, not to mention a missed chip shot FG by a pro bowl kicker. Really not concerned.

Dallas does suck tho. Niners beat a team they were supposed to beat. Moving on to week 2.

Honestly my biggest concerns are injuries at CB. I know both Marshall and Jeffries were hurt for the Bears today. If be curios to see if we get backup WRs vs backup DBs this Sunday.

Atta boy, Marv.

davidonmi

Reaction score
hard to take a whole lot away from this game positive or negative from the 49ers perspective.

I'll stick with my 10-6 prediction for SF

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":26atztw5 said:
If I went digging through my posts from last fall and found a few instances of me expressing concerns about the Seahawks following games that we had won, you still wouldn't give me any credit for it, would you? My opinion here HAS to be anti-49ers hatred seen through blue-colored glasses, right?

TXHawk

Reaction score
A win's a win in the NFL but it's hard to be impressed by just an 11 point win over a very bad Cowboys team when you have a 4-0 turnover advantage. When you consider that 14 points came on a fumble return for a TD and a two yard drive after a pick, the Niners offense was able to generate only 14 points against a potentially historically bad defense. If the Cowboys turn the ball over four times in Seattle and Romo makes those kind of throws into double and triple teams the Hawks may put up 50 against them.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gvndfad said:
Marvin49":2gvndfad said:
If I went digging through my posts from last fall and found a few instances of me expressing concerns about the Seahawks following games that we had won, you still wouldn't give me any credit for it, would you? My opinion here HAS to be anti-49ers hatred seen through blue-colored glasses, right?

We're not capable of having negative thoughts about our team, Roland. Got it?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Obviously, I know why the Whiners gave up 17 points. They were giving up big chunks of yardage on most plays in the first half, it was just that the Cowboys kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Melencause

Reaction score
Marvin49":cs7vjnmc said:
RolandDeschain":cs7vjnmc said:

Dallas would have had a close game i they had any QB other than Romo. That guy needs to be cut. Dallas played better than I expect and the 49'ers play worse than I expected. DeMarco Murray was running all over the 49ers defense. If Romo had the basic sense to run the ball some more and not throw into double or triple coverage (or to some imaginary friend 20 feet behind a cowboy player) it would had been a different game.

Really got nothing out of this other than how much more often "the worst defense in the league" still managed to stop the 49ers offense than I thought they would have.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":1oa8692o said:
49ers are going to be tough this year, they are out for revenge. Seahawks better be careful.

When it comes to Seattle, the Niners have been out for revenge since 2011 and especially since 2012. It has never mattered. Is it really the Seahawks that need to be "careful"? and what does that mean? "careful" Do explain how that is done and what it is they haven't done to be "careful" in the past.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Melencause":3shad58h said:
Dallas would have had a close game i they had any QB other than Romo. That guy needs to be cut. Dallas played better than I expect and the 49'ers play worse than I expected. DeMarco Murray was running all over the 49ers defense. If Romo had the basic sense to run the ball some more and not throw into double or triple coverage (or to some imaginary friend 20 feet behind a cowboy player) it would had been a different game.

Really got nothing out of this other than how much more often "the worst defense in the league" still managed to stop the 49ers offense than I thought they would have.

I think the Niners played as expected, I thought Dallas would move the ball on them, but I really thought that the Niners would be able to score on a few 8 minute drives that just destroyed the clock. As it turned out, they didn't have to do much at all on offense.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Melencause":dgho02m8 said:
Marvin49":dgho02m8 said:
RolandDeschain":dgho02m8 said:

...and that's pretty much what I would expect a Seahawks fan to take away from the game.

Niners essentially end the game in the first quarter and the takeaway from you is "Niners should have been better".

Sigh. And so it goes.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":1cl53h2h said:
Marvin49":1cl53h2h said:
RolandDeschain":1cl53h2h said:

Atta boy, Marv.

LOL... No $h|t

Melencause

Reaction score
Marvin49":2utvpzqp said:
Melencause":2utvpzqp said:
Marvin49":2utvpzqp said:
RolandDeschain":2utvpzqp said:

...and that's pretty much what I would expect a Seahawks fan to take away from the game.

Niners essentially end the game in the first quarter and the takeaway from you is "Niners should have been better".

Sigh. And so it goes.

...and that's pretty much what I would expect a 49'ers fan to take away from my post.

Seahawk fan trashing on niners for no reason.

Niners has been a top defense for awhile now. That game was not representative of a top defense. Not to mention playing against likely the worst or a bottom 5 defense and getting stopped repeatedly.

Its just facts man... even if you don't like em. Take off your homer glasses.

hawker84

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":3dr2m9kw said:
49ers are going to be tough this year, they are out for revenge. Seahawks better be careful.

Ya this post don't smell fishy a bit. Care to elaborate Niner Dan?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
All I'll say about this game is that we've seen season after season after season where the Week 1 results stand out as oddities when compared to the rest of the season. It's always the craziest week for upsets and strange outcomes. I wouldn't paint the 49ers as potential juggernauts because of the 28-3 halftime score any more than I'd paint them as a trainwreck waiting to happen because of the rest of the game.

The only true takeaways are that they can take advantage of turnovers (especially against a weak D), that Vernon Davis remains a good red zone target, and that they've got a road win against a conference opponent in their pocket (which is never a bad thing). We'll know soon enough what's real and what's attributable to Week 1 weirdness.