Niners vs Cowboys

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":10o0k5tm said:
Anyone else hear Romo yelling "Seattle" as an audible at the line?
You heard that wrong. He said "I wish I played for Seattle!" 8)

SeatownJay

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ek1o2hj said:
lvnginhwktwn":1ek1o2hj said:
How sad for Cowboys fans, not only are they getting whipped but there looks to be as many red jerseys in the stands as blue.
I bet that drives Jerruh nuts.
As long as they all pay the same price for the tickets, he doesn't care.

Smellyman

Reaction score
When the Cowboys have the first pick in the draft, will it be Marriota?

There is not a worse team in the NFL than the Cowboys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Smellyman":1hvx28ve said:
When the Cowboys have the first pick in the draft, will it be Marriota?

There is not a worse team in the NFL than the Cowboys.
Romo will choke that possibility away also trust me because he's good for at least 4 wins despite himself much like Luck methinks.

endzorn

Reaction score
Romo reminds me of Hasselbeck's first couple years in Seattle. He always wants to make the play down field so he holds onto the ball, forces passes into coverage and refuses to check down. He was even pump faking his check down and then turning to throw into double coverage.

I can't imagine maintaining my allegiance to the Cowboys if I was a fan. They have no hope with Jones. None.

endzorn

Reaction score
I thought the Niners looked good, but they were able to almost put their offense in cruise control in the second quarter so there wasn't much to get from it.

chris98251

Reaction score
They are now committed to Romo, I doubt Jerry would pick a QB unless Romo gets injured which would be the get out of jail free card for him. I also think that even if they did get the first pick a team would give the Cowboys picks to take the first, this being the egomaniac he is would be too much for Jerry to pass on.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
endzorn":21jy84ol said:
I thought the Niners looked good, but they were able to almost put their offense in cruise control in the second quarter so there wasn't much to get from it.
If anything the Niners got some much needed real game experience with the modified defense. Of course it was a lot like a preseason game, but it is a W. I am not the least bit surprised, but I thought the Niners would rack up a boatload of rushing yards. As it turned out, the Niner offense didn't get the chance. Romo... the big tease to Dallas. Moving the ball, actually quite well, gaining confidence... DOH! I think he just threw another pick.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Lol.. just imagine how it would have looked with Smith and Bowman in the lineup. I have to admit, as much as Niner fans probably got a good laugh from the GB thrashing, this was far more comical for me. It's like you know they were going to kill the Cowboys, but that was hilarious.

They can't even make a push for Manziel to replace him. I mean he just threw it right flipping to them. Very funny stuff.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3cmjbfw1 said:
Lol.. just imagine how it would have looked with Smith and Bowman in the lineup. I have to admit, as much as Niner fans probably got a good laugh from the GB thrashing, this was far more comical for me. It's like you know they were going to kill the Cowboys, but that was hilarious.

They can't even make a push for Manziel to replace him. I mean he just threw it right flipping to them. Very funny stuff.
Jerruh wanted to draft Johnny Cleveland, they pretty much had to take his draft card out of the crazy old coot's hand, but man what a soap opera that would be right now if they did! :)

Largent80

Reaction score
FrankTheTank21":2qj7gsvm said:
Largent80":2qj7gsvm said:
I was disappointed in Chokemo's non throwing of a pick six.

I wanted him to flame out spectacularly.

Does an INT run back to the 1-yard line suffice?

:D

OK, I'll give it to ya. However, they put the dude right back in.

I guess they want to "get their moneys worth"...hahahaha

Atradees

Reaction score
Romo looks terrible as he always has. The commentator even said Romo majors in spinning. My GF is a Cowpie fan. I watch the Hawks with her at the underground comedy club downtown. She liked what see saw, It is a matter atime before I change her mind, hahahah

NINEster

Reaction score
The run defense is concerning but the Seahawks D got run on last year by the Rams and Bucs.

If that happened without any personnel excuses and got corrected, there's a chance the same can happen in SC.

Last year I recall the 49er D not looking so hot either in their opener against Green Bay, a retread of late 2012.

Let's let the season unfold a little bit.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":31o7owos said:
Well as long as the announcers are calling out the ticky tack and non play effecting penalties it will continue to highlight and put pressure on the league, especially if they cause outcome of games to be changed. Those owners that are going to get burned will start bringing it up at meetings and put pressure on Goodall to back off.
All they need is to make it possible to review them.

But this was ridiculous. Back to back times the 49ers stopped Dallas on 3rd, including 3rd and 21, only to have penalties give it to them. Meanwhile Dallas commits defensive pass interference on a huge 49er gain and it's called on the offense. And key 49er third down conversions wiped out with more BS penalties. SMH.

The unified ref effort against San Francisco reminds me of Super Bowl XL. :lol:

Or maybe it was coincidence, but regardless, if they are going to call these penalties like that, they need to make them reviewable, at least by the officials. These calls are too easy to get wrong.

NINEster":31o7owos said:
The run defense is concerning but the Seahawks D got run on last year by the Rams and Bucs.

If that happened without any personnel excuses and got corrected, there's a chance the same can happen in SC.

Last year I recall the 49er D not looking so hot either in their opener against Green Bay, a retread of late 2012.

Let's let the season unfold a little bit.

49ers run defense looked good though, unlike against Dallas. There are legitimate problems with the 49ers defense. The offense is better, regardless of it being Dallas. Kaepernick actually looked like a good pocket passer, despite a solid pass rush by Dallas. But the defensive issues are legitimate.

Smellyman

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3arl2v0e said:
chris98251":3arl2v0e said:
Well as long as the announcers are calling out the ticky tack and non play effecting penalties it will continue to highlight and put pressure on the league, especially if they cause outcome of games to be changed. Those owners that are going to get burned will start bringing it up at meetings and put pressure on Goodall to back off.

But this was ridiculous. Back to back times the 49ers stopped Dallas on 3rd, including 3rd and 21, only to have penalties give it to them. Meanwhile Dallas commits defensive pass interference on a huge 49er gain and it's called on the offense. And key 49er third down conversions wiped out with more BS penalties. SMH.

Or maybe it was coincidence, but regardless, if they are going to call these penalties like that, they need to make them reviewable, at least by the officials. These calls are too easy to get wrong.

your coach and other whiners wanted this. Reap what you sow.

meanwhile, the Seahawks are just fine with the points of emphasis.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Smellyman":z9uhe97b said:
5_Golden_Rings":z9uhe97b said:
chris98251":z9uhe97b said:

Well, no. The 49ers wanted ACTUAL DEFENSIVE HOLDING to be called, not things that were undeniably NOT penalties.

Strangely I don't recall undeniably incorrect calls going against Seattle. Strange.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smellyman":27wu9fho said:
5_Golden_Rings":27wu9fho said:
chris98251":27wu9fho said:

For now. Seasons young.

The 2 defensive 3rd down penalties were bad, but the OPI on Lloyd was absolutely ludicrous.

Lxx

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3rqa4yl6 said:
Strangely I don't recall undeniably incorrect calls going against Seattle. Strange.

The Read-Option pass was legal.
The NFL rules analyst Mike Perrera has stated this.

yes i am fully aware that denial zone has about a 10 page thread on this particular play.