Niner fan, and I agree with most the members here

Laloosh

Reaction score
RationalNiner":1yx37uwe said:
Laloosh":1yx37uwe said:
Marvin49":1yx37uwe said:
RationalNiner":1yx37uwe said:
[edit] and OP, you do strike me as trying a bit too hard. I like to dump on the niners and their fans as much as the next guy but they didn't get to three straight NFCC's by sucking.

Trying hard for what? I'm not trying to make friends here. I was more trying to get on the nerve of the other 49er fans that make post after post here that annoy me. The Ray McDonald thread with Marv trying to defend him was what prompted me to sign up.

I've had terrible experiences with other 49er fans. I met a few with a good head on their shoulders but most are completely out of their mind. http://www.reddit.com/u/fourth_down_surprise is an example of another decent fellow 49er fan. The 49er subreddit there isn't actually too bad compared to the other communities. Regardless, I sincerely think we have the dumbest fan base in the NFL. These are thoughts I've held since 08. In fact most of the 49er fans that live here in the Bay Area that I've spoken to in person don't even know much about football and most were not even paying attention to the team during our playoff drought.

Even on other communities such as draftcountdown and footballsfuture, the niner fans there are so god damn annoying. When we traded for Stevie, I wasn't surprised to see a niner fan make a thread "Teams with best WR corp in the league" and he tried to fish for compliments about the 49ers because of the Stevie acquisition. I've seen this everywhere, all the time. It's always the niner fans insecure about the team trying to fish for compliments.

See above.

That, is why you get banned.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
One of the most unusual posts I have seen on here yet... A 49er fan getting upset,coming over here to vent ect..Will the
"Core4"49er guys I see on here help him see the light?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2jqgp5gr said:
loafoftatupu":2jqgp5gr said:
lvnginhwktwn":2jqgp5gr said:
Need a napkin to wipe that brown ring off your nose?
Just give him the one you used for your upper lip Lvng.

Right loaf cause I'm such a kiss ass, give me a break. I think the only thing we've agreed on [we meaning myself and the Hawk brethren here] is the fact that cinaspurts is a delusional, you know.
Go easy man.. responding to humor with humor.

No need to get all Marvin.

Besides, it wasn't for kissing ass.

It was for something much worse [emoji15]

mikeak

Reaction score
OP I was with you until you used Turner and knowledge in one sentence. Any Turner knowledge need an asterisk as it is all outdated...

NINEster

Reaction score
The job of a fan is to always see the glass half full for your team, esp. when it is a close battle. It's ok to express doubt, but you should never emphatically be against your team, esp. if it is very good.

When your team is s*** your job is to support it like a parent does a struggling child.

What Rational Niner is doing is overcompensating the typical 49er glass half full ideologies:

We like to think we have a better defense than Seahawks because we did have the best defense in the league hands down in 2011, and are very much similar caliber to that defense.

We like to think Kaepernick is as good or better than Wilson because he became a bigger household name around the league before Wilson, and in less NFL starts.

We like to think Harbaugh is better than Carroll because he had a 13-3 rookie season while spotting a one year head start to his rival.

Now, it's certainly possible the 49ers are not as good as the Seahawks in these three areas, but IMO it is not a head and shoulders difference (and I'd say that even if our team were better).

What has happened is the Seahawks have won a super bowl while the 49ers have failed to do so. And now all of the "what ifs" in Rational's mind are absolute certainties.

The Niners could have beaten the Ravens in the SB and had the exact season (or worse) happen last year, and wouldn't be under a tenth the scrutiny. Kaepernick would be more highly regarded as well, and nobody would question his performance like they do now.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NINEster":fvqaf1w9 said:
The job of a fan is to always see the glass half full for your team, esp. when it is a close battle. It's ok to express doubt, but you should never emphatically be against your team, esp. if it is very good.

When your team is s*** your job is to support it like a parent does a struggling child.

What Rational Niner is doing is overcompensating the typical 49er glass half full ideologies:

We like to think we have a better defense than Seahawks because we did have the best defense in the league hands down in 2011, and are very much similar caliber to that defense.

We like to think Kaepernick is as good or better than Wilson because he became a bigger household name around the league before Wilson, and in less NFL starts.

We like to think Harbaugh is better than Carroll because he had a 13-3 rookie season while spotting a one year head start to his rival.

Now, it's certainly possible the 49ers are not as good as the Seahawks in these three areas, but IMO it is not a head and shoulders difference (and I'd say that even if our team were better).

What has happened is the Seahawks have won a super bowl while the 49ers have failed to do so. And now all of the "what ifs" in Rational's mind are absolute certainties.

The Niners could have beaten the Ravens in the SB and had the exact season (or worse) happen last year, and wouldn't be under a tenth the scrutiny. Kaepernick would be more highly regarded as well, and nobody would question his performance like they do now.
Great post.

OP
OP
R

RationalNiner

Reaction score
NINEster":2443zp1w said:

I didn't know that was my job. Am I under contract?

We have an anemic offense, a QB with question marks, and an aging defense. I have hope Kap will get it together and that the defense can overcome to loss of Bowman, Aldon, and possibly McDonald, but we'll see.

Cartire

Reaction score
Far to many Hawk fans getting involved in this one. I think its just better to watch the niners fans argue with each other on a hawk board.

:snack:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RationalNiner":2i45ulcm said:
I didn't know that was my job. Am I under contract?

We have an anemic offense, a QB with question marks, and an aging defense. I have hope Kap will get it together and that the defense can overcome to loss of Bowman, Aldon, and possibly McDonald, but we'll see.

lol.. there is a career Niner poster here. He has made sacrifices in everyday life to maintain the integrity of Niner Nation.

Anemic offense? You might be right, but the last I saw of the Niners in games that mattered their offense did pretty good until they got to the Clink and there they faired better than most.

We will certainly see this season, in fact I am counting on the Niners racking up some big offensive numbers Sunday. For one they need to keep Romo off the field to limit the exposure of their defense without Bowman and Smith, plus Dallas can't stop anyone. I'm not saying you are wrong, but at least see what they are made of in a real game.

If they can't get it going against Dallas, I will be very surprised and will totally agree with you.

OP
OP
R

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Yeah, we'll see. I expect them to score points against Dallas. If they can't get it going there, the offense is definitely going to be a problem this year.

The offense was very anemic last year until Crabtree came back in the lineup, but even then it was still not where it was in 2012 when Kap took over for Alex. I guess Moss & Walker really opened things up.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RationalNiner":3n8ncyb2 said:
The offense was very anemic last year until Crabtree came back in the lineup, but even then it was still not where it was in 2012 when Kap took over for Alex. I guess Moss & Walker really opened things up.

You have a point there. The 2012 offense with K-Choke was a bit more effective. He came from behind in all three playoff games at some point.

Lxx

Reaction score
@rationalniner
Who is dumber, webzone niner fans or 49er facebook fans that comment on pages like nfl memes, sf49ers page etc...

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2rqh86di said:
lvnginhwktwn":2rqh86di said:
loafoftatupu":2rqh86di said:
lvnginhwktwn":2rqh86di said:
Need a napkin to wipe that brown ring off your nose?
Just give him the one you used for your upper lip Lvng.

Right loaf cause I'm such a kiss ass, give me a break. I think the only thing we've agreed on [we meaning myself and the Hawk brethren here] is the fact that cinaspurts is a delusional, you know.
Go easy man.. responding to humor with humor.

No need to get all Marvin.

Besides, it wasn't for kissing ass.

It was for something much worse [emoji15]

Haha loaf

kearly

Reaction score
To the OP, I would suggest sticking around, it will be fun to see your rebuttals to some of the nonsense from Niners posters on here.

As far as your team, try not to be too down. All it takes is potentially one mistake and the Seahawks could go down, there were about 3 or 4 moments last year where Seattle was one play from being a WC. That said, I suspect Seattle will run away with the division early in the season again this year, but stranger things have happened.

I said this to another visiting fan of the Packers, try to appreciate what you have. You get to watch enjoyable football every Sunday, with a relatively young QB who could be really scary if he matures. I think Harbaugh is probably on his way out soon, but in the meantime he's giving your team a top shelf coaching performance. As much of a douche as he may be, he is a great coach and he's kept the 49ers just a step behind Seattle, which looks to be on the cusp of one of the greatest runs in NFL history.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Lxx":1trak5n6 said:
@rationalniner
Who is dumber, webzone niner fans or 49er facebook fans that comment on pages like nfl memes, sf49ers page etc...
I don't think the DenialZoners are necessarily dumb, just limited. They lack creativity. When the group in general relies on making up stories and excuses, creativity is really important.

Without it they have to focus on the same things over and over again. It's not their fault, the Hawks haven't really given them anything solid as fuel to stoke the Zoner's inner need to whine and deflect the negativity associated with their organization.

If they just remain patient, eventually they will get something new, but for now it is PEDs, holding on every play, Carroll cheating and conspiracies to make sure Seattle is successful and that Santa Clara isn't.

jdblack

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1jng9ndb said:
There's probably about the same number of Hawks regulars at the zone as there are 9ers regulars here (three or four). Just as here, they don't really kiss @ss either.

I've registered there about once a year for the past 3 years, but it never gets approved.

OP
OP
R

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Some of the Seattle fans here can be a little delusional, too.

If you look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96018&p=1406298

They are saying RW is the best QB in football. I understand top 5. But to put him ahead of Brady, Manning, Brees or Rodgers at this point is silly. They've proven they could get it done for a much longer stretch of time. But what do I know. I am just regurgitating the talking heads.

I am not even going to bother to debate them because it is fruitless. They just want to drink the kool-aid.

OP
OP
R

RationalNiner

Reaction score
No doubt Russell played well last year and contributed to the SB win by playing smart football and complimenting the strengths of the team.

However it is still premature to call him the best. I understand they love RW, but they aren't taking into account how the system might've been different if you had a Brady or Manning. It probably wouldn't have been the same system RW runs.

Also Manning and Brady have never actually had exceptionally great lines. The only household OL from the Colts during Manning's tenure is Saturday, and that says a lot. They make up for their lack of mobility with great pocket presence (especially Brady), reading the coverage and quickly short circuiting their progression reads to get rid of the ball quickly.

I'd call RW top 5 at this point, which is actually a huge compliment for someone with only 2 seasons as a starter.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RationalNiner":2zrdb1rd said:
I'd call RW top 5 at this point, which is actually a huge compliment for someone with only 2 seasons as a starter.

All the big names are better QBs, Brady, Manning, Brees, ARod and as unpopular as this might sound Roethlisraper IMHO.

Not just from stats, but from the ability to extend plays and make all the throws.

RW can make all the throws, the burner, the deep ball, the fade, the sideline and while on the run in either direction. At this point it is just a matter of experience.

Part of me wants to put Rivers ahead of RW also, Ryan fits in that area too. I would say top 10 for sure and for 3rd year, that is still saying something.

What we do know is that RW is no fluke. A certain group of fans on a rival board claim he will be exposed as some fraud, but they have made that claim all 3 years and he has only improved.

CK is a little behind him in 3-4 areas, keeping a cool head, pocket elusiveness, taking mojo off the ball and seeing his options. But he also has a little more arm, better break away speed and height.

If Stafford wasn't a pick machine, he would be SO dangerous.