NFL to investigate hits to the knees (rule change possible)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
If it eliminates hits like the Niner hit on the Vikings player, I'm all for it. I don't care what the NFL, says, I'm with Jared Allen...that was a messed up, dirty play.

Edit: before I get accused of such, its not because it was a Niner player doing the hitting. If he was a Seahawk, I'd be pissed at that play

Happypuppy

Reaction score
What I see down the road is below the head and above the knees. Good luck pulling down big players

mikeak

Reaction score
Happypuppy":117xltuj said:
What I see down the road is below the head and above the knees. Good luck pulling down big players

What happens when someone gets hit in the chest and his heart shuts down?......... :stirthepot:

seahawksflow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":19854q2p said:
If it eliminates hits like the Niner hit on the Vikings player, I'm all for it. I don't care what the NFL, says, I'm with Jared Allen...that was a messed up, dirty play.

Edit: before I get accused of such, its not because it was a Niner player doing the hitting. If he was a Seahawk, I'd be pissed at that play

I agree. Doesn't matter on what player or what team. No room for crap like that. Problem is going to be how do you eliminate that "certain" play? Dirty hits happen across the board. If you say below knees only... there are plenty other injuries from dirty hits in arguably more detrimental areas (head/chest). Think Tate on Lee, or Browner on Jennings.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2ohkzamw said:

Man, I agree. Cheap shots at the knee are the worst.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
When these players or commentators talk about going low being an offset of not being able to go high and if they take away hitting high then people are gonna have knee injuries they are oversimplifying. We used to hit low all the time and if you do it correctly it isn't dangerous at all. Granted these are NFL players and I am comparing playing much lower level but the concepts are the same.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am seeing it in almost every preseason game this year.

Guys might not be intentionally trying to blow up someone's knees but I think that after seeing how many shoulder hits are being called helmet to helmet, and because when someone is about to get blown up they sometimes go into a fetal position to protect themselves (which means their head comes down) it just means you have to go lower.

I think guys know that diving for the knees is dangerous to the other player but they feel they have no choice. This means the offensive player is going to have to make sure they are not planted when hit because it doesn't take much force to blow a knee out from the side.

Either way, if you watch the other games you will see it often and not as blocks, but attempted tackles. With chest high hits being flagged left and right and the inability to tackle people too low because they can hurdle you - that means you main for the thighs but if you miss, you can probably bank on hitting about knee height.

A few people are going to get their careers cut short over this during the regular season. I just hope it isn't one of our guys.

Latest posts