NFL.com's Greg Rosenthal Says Logic over Magic

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We are all entitled to our opinions and predictions. Some will be proven right by Sunday night, and some will be proven wrong. As for me? I am siding with magic over logic. Maybe it's the temptress of nostalgia, maybe it's something else altogether but I'll be damned if I don't feel there's gonna be magic tonight in Century Link. The kind of magic where 12's are leaving the stadium headed to the bars or their homes in celebration.

From NFL.com...

San Francisco 49ers 31, Seattle Seahawks 27

8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) | CenturyLink Field (Seattle)

It's amazing these teams are only separated by one game in the standings. The Seahawks have a point differential of +12 on the season, with one win by two scores all year. The 49ers have a point differential of +164, with eight wins by two scores. The 49ers would have the NFC West wrapped up already if not for a Chase McLaughlin missed field-goal try the first time these teams met, which is sort of the point here. Crazy things happen with this Seahawks team, and there's nothing crazier than bringing Marshawn Lynch out of retirement.

Jadeveon Clowney has seemingly been waiting for this moment to return to the lineup, and Russell Wilson is plenty capable of pulling off a home upset despite awful pass protection recently. My pick here follows logic, not magic. This 49ers roster is deeper and allows for more ways to win, but logic often flies out the window in Seattle. Just sit back and enjoy the most compelling Sunday Night Football finale NBC has ever seen.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We see 'magic' prevail nearly every day at horse tracks around the country, and NFL results the past few weeks as well. It would be fitting to close the regular season that way too. Although on paper it doesn't figure to happen, that doesn't mean it won't.
Rise up Detroit! Oversleep Saints. But most important of all, GO HAWKS!
And when the dust settles, let's all remember this is all just entertainment. Stop with trashing the lives of people who are sacrificing to provide us with a few hours escape from our real problems.
Here's to a Happier New Year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I’m sad to see our point differential at 12 this week. We should have lost by 3 more last week so we could win by this week and have 12 wins total with a 12 point differential. That would be some Seahawks magic right there

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1ncvs0gp said:
We see 'magic' prevail nearly every day at horse tracks around the country, and NFL results the past few weeks as well. It would be fitting to close the regular season that way too. Although on paper it doesn't figure to happen, that doesn't mean it won't.
Rise up Detroit! Oversleep Saints. But most important of all, GO HAWKS!
And when the dust settles, let's all remember this is all just entertainment. Stop with trashing the lives of people who are sacrificing to provide us with a few hours escape from our real problems.
Here's to a Happier New Year.

^totally this! As Seahawks fans we are guaranteed two more games this season with the hope of more. There are 64 quarters of regular season Seahawks football to enjoy each season. It’s entertainment. Win, lose or draw it’s nothing more than a way to be entertained. We have no less than 8 quarters of football left to be entertained by “our” team. Enjoy it 12s. With a little logic to our magic we might just have more to entertain us!

chris98251

Reaction score
As a 7 - 9 team we were given no chance against the Saints yet...…

Sometimes Magic trumps better.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Saints won in a laugher. Lions rose up, but not quite high enough. Vikes lost again. Both Dallas and Philly are winning.
Our best hopes for seed position rest entirely on what we do tonight. Just kind of what we already expected.
There were lots of upsets at the tracks today, and a few around the league. Just not in games that mean much. Maybe it would help we play this game at Emerald Downs? :lol:

John63

Reaction score
We win if we play uptempo, and keep our foot on the pedal. Other wise we loose. Pretty simple.