NFC West Week 5 Edition

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
1. Seahawks (at some point this season will normalize) maybe. :)
2. Giants
3. Lions (there's no way this team is 0-5 caliber much like Atlanta or Carolina are 4-0 caliber)
4. Packers (Erin at Lambaeu enough said)

I'd be totally happy if I went 2-2 or 1-3 just as long as the Seahawks are among the winning one or two. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Yea.

The Seahawks have not looked like the 2013-2014 Seahawks for any full game through 5 weeks. I think it's fair to say they have regressed at this point.

Those Seahawks at the Link don't play the kind of game they did. They don't blow a 17 point lead in the fourth. And they don't start 2-3.

The defense has shown it can be dominating. Even today but cinci had the ball a long time today and I think I'm the 4th it showed

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Az isn't having a good first quarter themselves though

SF49r

Reaction score
If it wasn't the 10 AM short week start for the Seahawks I think they win it. They got screwed by the schedule makers on this one.

Exittium

Reaction score
3 way race for last place in the NFC lol Seattle, 49ers, and Rams..

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. Seattle started 3-3 last year and have I believe 6 of the next 8 games at home. Carolina is way overrated. And a softer schedule coming up things can change real quick.

Exittium

Reaction score
ringless":36ivun6r said:
I wouldn't say that. Seattle started 3-3 last year and have I believe 6 of the next 8 games at home. Carolina is way overrated. And a softer schedule coming up things can change real quick.

Seattle's inability to close out games isn't going to win any either.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I am interested to hear rideducati's take on the season thus far.
With the double standard explanation incoming in 3, 2, 1

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":w4tqgi0f said:
Yea.

The Seahawks have not looked like the 2013-2014 Seahawks for any full game through 5 weeks. I think it's fair to say they have regressed at this point.

Those Seahawks at the Link don't play the kind of game they did. They don't blow a 17 point lead in the fourth. And they don't start 2-3.

The defense has shown it can be dominating. Even today but cinci had the ball a long time today and I think I'm the 4th it showed
Not ready to say they can't still be 12-4 or 13-3 but 11-5 and the third or 4th seed seems far more realistic. I don't think that they will go any worse then 10-6 in any reasonable scenerio which should be good enough for a shot at the number six seed.

But as today's game shows who the hell knows?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SF49r":361zpbxh said:
If it wasn't the 10 AM short week start for the Seahawks I think they win it. They got screwed by the schedule makers on this one.

Weak excuse. They were up 24-7 .. did they suddenly remember it was earlier in the day?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1wiy67e6 said:
Congrats on the NFC West title ringless.
Jesus, do you have a clue to how ridiculous you look right now? Probably not which is why you should take a deep breath and walk away from the keyboard before you give yourself a stroke.

It's a game for your enjoyment if you're not having enjoyment you might want to reassess certain things.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":h0mvl12v said:
ringless":h0mvl12v said:
Yea.

Not ready to say they can't still be 12-4 or 13-3 but 11-5 and the third or 4th seed seems far more realistic. I don't think that they will go any worse then 10-6 in any reasonable scenerio which should be good enough for a shot at the number six seed.

But as today's game shows who the hell knows?

I definitely don't doubt the Seahawks ability to win games. 12-4 would almost be impossible. 11-5 very difficult too. 10-6 seems very likely and a worse case scenario which should still be good enough for a spot this year.

As will drop a few games. Still have to play at Seattle and GB which are most likely two losses right there. Even at Pitts next week could be.

But what I am saying is this years Seahawks are not as good as the 2013-2014. theyve regressed slightly bc of the o line situation. And a few guys left on defense to get paid elsewhere. That's only natural. It doesn't take away that they are still an elite d on any given week.

But I think it's also fair to acknowledge that the cardinals might be a good team too. And that we may be evenly enough matched this year to split our games

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":290tirex said:
Hasselbeck":290tirex said:
Jesus, do you have a clue to how ridiculous you look right now? Probably not which is why you should take a deep breath and walk away from the keyboard before you give yourself a stroke.

It's a game for your enjoyment if you're not having enjoyment you might want to reassess certain things.

AZ was 9-1 and lost last year. two games is not that large if a lead especially when we play you twice and GB

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":108tnehg said:
Hasselbeck":108tnehg said:

You are the literal worst.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":10w9gvq5 said:

Its a long season bud. Dont crown their asses yet.

While im happy the hawks lost they played a high powered offensive team and almost won. The season is young. Your team is not that bad.

Damn I cant believe im sticking up for the hawks lol.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":240npqrz said:

Don't crown us yet, man.

I think we can score on anybody if we cut down on the mistakes(see easy drops and fumbles vs STL), but our lack of pass-rush still scares me. Thankfully, we're able to create a lot of turnovers, but our pass-rush HAS to get better throughout the season.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Yes with the Okafor injury we just lost our only pass rusher because nobody else gets it done from that spot. Hopefully its nothing too serious and something he can come back from by the end of the year.

Interesting stat through four wins and a loss the Cardinals have a +100 point scoring differential.
Average strength of victory 25 points.

I think it's fair to say we aren't exactly paper tigers. 10+ wins in both Seasons under Arians and 4-1 in year three. We have a real shot at contending for the division this year. However we have a lot of road games coming up and Seattle should be able to pull even with us. I don't think that makes us a bad team. I just think we have progressed, and they have regressed slightly which is what happens when you make deep runs and people want to get paid