NFC West Week 5 Edition

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Darn, woulda had a clean sweep had I not had my head up my rear. That's on me... (SMH)

Rams win
Seahawks win
Niners lose
Cards win

Rams faced a better defense last week, but Rogers is the best QB in the game. My bid for my Rams is based off of what Gurley did. I think the Rams offense excels this week and the D does just enough. The Rams young offensive line played well last week and appears to be figuring it out. I've seen steady progress throughout the weeks. Gurley is helping them out a ton, too. He doesn't need much to bust one. Defenses are really gonna be focusing on him and that's opened up the passing lanes for the WV boys.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2y87xhkr said:
Darn, woulda had a clean sweep had I not had my head up my rear. That's on me... (SMH)

Rams win
Seahawks win
Niners lose
Cards win

Rams faced a better defense last week, but Rogers is the best QB in the game. My bid for my Rams is based off of what Gurley did. I think the Rams offense excels this week and the D does just enough.

Yep. You were the only Rams fan not to.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
RedAlice":2eynpmsg said:
SuperMan28":2eynpmsg said:

Rams win
Seahawks win
Niners lose
Cards win

Rams faced a better defense last week, but Rogers is the best QB in the game. My bid for my Rams is based off of what Gurley did. I think the Rams offense excels this week and the D does just enough.

Thought I did pick the Rams. Not doubting you, though.

ARZ is a better team than GB, IMO. However, Rogers is flat out great. I think we can limit him, though. Not holding my breath, but clearly picking Rams.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Packers over Rams 38-7
Seahawks over Bengals 14-10
Giants over Niners 27-17
Lions over Cardinals 23-20 in OT

Proj. Standings
Arizona 3-2
Seattle 3-2
St. Louis 2-3
Santa Clara 1-4

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Seattle at Cincinnati: If Seattle’s offensive line develops into an above-average unit, they are a surefire Super Bowl contender. If Seattle’s offensive line can even play halfway decent football for 60 minutes, they are good enough at least to go on the road to Cincy and steal a win. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I am expecting a better performance out of that group and out of a motivated Russell Wilson. Seahawks 24, Bengals 21

St. Louis at Green Bay: The Rams are built to do one thing exceedingly well, and that is compete against the NFC West. They are not built to go into Lambeau and beat Aaron Rodgers on his home turf. Packers 27, Rams 20

Arizona at Detroit: The Lions showed more grit and determination when the chips were down last week than the Cardinals did, they get the benefit of playing the Cardinals at home, and there is just too much talent on that team to be 0-5 this time next week. Lions 28, Cardinals 24

San Francisco at New York Giants: Give San Francisco’s defense credit for holding the Packers to 17 points last week, but Colin Kaepernick looks like he is broken beyond repair and the rest of the Niners’ offense is not good enough to make up for his deficiencies. Giants 23, 49ers 10

RedAlice

Reaction score
SuperMan28":oh3kqsvv said:
RedAlice":oh3kqsvv said:
SuperMan28":oh3kqsvv said:

Rams win
Seahawks win
Niners lose
Cards win

Thought I did pick the Rams. Not doubting you, though.

ARZ is a better team than GB, IMO. However, Rogers is flat out great. I think we can limit him, though. Not holding my breath, but clearly picking Rams.

I don't think AZ is better than GB. And also: even great fans pick against their team in games as no one wins them all and Rams haven't even won half in forever. So, smiles.

I read this on my Rams' site and it's actually pretty accurate -

It's a clash of 2 Rams trends:

(1) Whenever you think the Rams have turned a corner, they end up laying an egg.
(2) Whenever you think the Rams have no chance, Fish pulls a game out.

Both apply. I think we will have either a close game that Rams win, or a significant loss.

And I agree if Rams win the difference will be Gurley.

Either way: Go Rams! and :thirishdrinkers: to you.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
9ers/Giants: The Giants have played much better than their 2-2 record. They've just blown two 10 point leads and that won't happen over and over again. On the other hand, Joe Staley might miss this game. :lol: :lol: :lol: Even with Joe Staley Carlos Hyde is leading the league in PFF's elusiveness rating and in broken tackles but is also, I kid you not, averaging 1 yard before contact. Oh my god. The 9ers only chance is that the Giants safeties as just awful; the worst in the league. If they can't hit some shots downfield this week they might as well just forfeit the season.

WINNER: Giants

Seahawks/Bengals: For me the most interesting matchup in the NFL this week. You have one team that (based on play) is overrated because of what they've done in the previous two seasons, and another team that's overrated (based on play) because of what they've done this season (going 4-0). That said, so far this year the Bengals have been outplaying the Seahawks and it hasn't been close. I know this is a Hawks board, but quite frankly I find it incredibly silly to argue that Pete Carroll wasn't right and the Hawks weren't incredibly "fortunate" last week. There's an 80% probability that they should be 1-3 right now. I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt because of how they've performed in the past, but the Hawks will have to put together a solid performance against an NFL opponent (read: non-32 ranked defense and non-Clausen led offense) for me to trust them as much as I did going into the season.

The Seahawks SHOULD beat the Bengals, but they're going to need to beat an above average team for me to start expecting that from them again.

WINNER: Bengals.

Cardinals/Lions:

The Lions will win eventually, but it won't be this week. The backbreaker last week and Caldwell's milquetoast handling of it has got to create some distrust for them. When do we start acknowledging that Megatron isn't Megatron anymore? The Lions are now just using his deep reputation to feed him on gimmie curl routes. It's what the 9ers did with post-retirement Randy Moss and what the Cardinals were doing with late-era Fitzgerald until the stumbled on the smart solution of moving him to the slot this year. For the Cardinals their O-Line should continue to gel and they get Ellington back. Stafford is the type of quarterback who should get eaten up by the Cardinals' blitz packages.

WINNER: Cardinals

Rams/Packers

The only interesting thing that happened in the Packers game last week was that the 9ers defense somehow made the Packers offense look normal and unspectacular. It was just strange. The Rams have a better defense than the 9ers. I think it was a fluke and it doesn't happen again. Todd Gurley has had two very bad half games of NFL football and one really exceptional half game of NFL football. I'm not convinced yet, although I won't hesitate to admit it if/when I'm wrong.
Nick Foles too unpredictable to ever be trusted.

WINNER: Packers.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Are Seahawks/Cards fans rooting for the Packers or Rams this week?

Division opponent that might be able to challenge for the division

Or the conference opponent that you guys are planning on competing with for home field advantage

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
I would like to change my Seahawks-Bengals pick to Bengals since Marshawn has been ruled out.

Rex

Reaction score
Ramfan128":z0x38wrn said:
Are Seahawks/Cards fans rooting for the Packers or Rams this week?

Division opponent that might be able to challenge for the division

Or the conference opponent that you guys are planning on competing with for home field advantage

That would be both! :0190l:

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Gotta change a pick. Just read Lynch has been ruled OUT vs the Bengals. Lunch is such a big part of the SEA offense. Had he been healthy, I'd pick SEA.

Bengals over SEA for me. Sorry for any inconvenience.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Passepartout":1lz030af said:
Well the Hawks will be against a powerhouse Bengals team on the fast track.

49ers I think will lose again.

Rams it can be very unpredictable with them.

Cardinals will be 3-1!

The cardinals are already 3-1.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Seattle, Detroit and the Rams.

I doubt the Rams can pull it off because they can't play well two weeks in a row.

Detroit should win at home against a very overrated cardinal team.

If Bevell still has his head up his ass, the Seahawks will lose. I have reason to believe that Bevell might be flexing Graham out a lot more and playing Matthews more in hopes of giving Russell better quick-hitting pass options. I don't think we will see Kearse catch a bubble screen either. If Russell gets rid of the ball quickly, this game will get ugly for the Bengals. Seahawks win this one and Bevell starts to fix the major issues.

Niners and Giants? Who really cares? If the niners win, they just damage their draft position on a lost season and if they lose, Baalke still screws up the draft pick later. Win-win. I think the giants secondary makes Keeporpick look serviceable in this game only to be proven later against average secondaries that he really isn't serviceable.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":3a8ry8qs said:

I doubt the Rams can pull it off because they can't play well two weeks in a row.

If Bevell still has his head up his ass, the Seahawks will lose. I have reason to believe that Bevell might be flexing Graham out a lot more and playing Matthews more in hopes of giving Russell better quick-hitting pass options. I don't think we will see Kearse catch a bubble screen either. If Russell gets rid of the ball quickly, this game will get ugly for the Bengals. Seahawks win this one and Bevell starts to fix the major issues.

Niners and Giants? Who really cares? If the niners win, they just damage their draft position on a lost season and if they lose, Baalke still screws up the draft pick later. Win-win. I think the giants secondary makes Keeporpick look serviceable in this game only to be proven later against average secondaries that he really isn't serviceable.

Russell according to Davis Hsu is getting the ball out quicker than ever this year.

@DavisHsuSeattle 1h1 hour ago
Sheil showing Wilson getting ball out half a second quicker on avg than previous years- also SEA gave up 3 passes of 20+ yards last 2 games

@SheilKapadia 3h3 hours ago
Russell Wilson getting rid of the ball quicker ever than before. Five things I'm watching Sunday: http://es.pn/1jVHsPL

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... ver-before

1. Russell Wilson is getting rid of the football quicker than he ever has before. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Wilson is taking 2.58 seconds to throw this year. Before this season, that number was 2.91. Imagine the damage those long scrambles do for that like that 12 second scramble on Monday night.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":5jzzs33u said:
rideaducati":5jzzs33u said:

Russell according to Davis Hsu is getting the ball out quicker than ever this year.

@DavisHsuSeattle 1h1 hour ago
Sheil showing Wilson getting ball out half a second quicker on avg than previous years- also SEA gave up 3 passes of 20+ yards last 2 games

@SheilKapadia 3h3 hours ago
Russell Wilson getting rid of the ball quicker ever than before. Five things I'm watching Sunday: http://es.pn/1jVHsPL

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... ver-before

1. Russell Wilson is getting rid of the football quicker than he ever has before. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Wilson is taking 2.58 seconds to throw this year. Before this season, that number was 2.91. Imagine the damage those long scrambles do for that like that 12 second scramble on Monday night.

Bevell could make it even easier for Russell with just a couple changes in personnel and formations. It's good to see improvement, but it doesn't have to look so difficult.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm in Philly and there is something so wonderful about this city now: every fan is bashing Bradford.

I already loved Philly as a city, this trip I am head over heels in love: :179417: :179417: Philly love.

This is simply Awesome.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals - W
St. Louis Rams - L
Seattle Seahawks - W (this will be a hard fought game, but at the end Seahawks will pull it out) Let's Do This!
San Francisco 49ers - L

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":3hbfnx9w said:
I'm in Philly and there is something so wonderful about this city now: every fan is bashing Bradford.

I already loved Philly as a city, this trip I am head over heels in love: :179417: :179417: Philly love.

This is simply Awesome.

Its simply bush league. I'm glad the trade was made..... but to blame Bradford after he was given no support at all for years.....total crap O line, after Amendola no WRs that could catch a cold much less the football, serial OCs.....I hope he does well except against the Rams.

Rex

Reaction score
Today is the day of roast beef sandwiches for a hungry Rams front 7! The back 4 blanketing Rodgers WRs and getting those unheard of INTs at Lambeau will earn their roast beef sandwiches too! :0190l: