NFC West Week 13 Predictions

drdiags

Reaction score
Cardinals vs Rams - I expect the Rams to give the Cards a tough start but I see the Cards pulling away.

Cardinals 10-2
Rams 4-8

Seattle vs Vikings - I think this game matches what Seattle does best on defense and that is stopping the run. Though I can see Teddy hooking up with Rudolph so I expect the Vikings will score. Not sure about Wilson or Rawls against the Vikings highly ranked defense. I will once again take the homer pick and take the Seahawks. Not full of a bunch of bravado though.

Seahawks 7-5

49ers vs Bears - Should be a tightly contested match. The Bears look to have a functional offense and their defense has been playing well lately. From what I saw from the 9ers against the Cards, they looked much better than they did late in the Seahawks loss. I see chemistry growing with Gabbert and his WRs and the RB can help keep a balance. I think the Bears win as their late season surge has them ascending.

49ers 3-9

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Cards win
Rams lose
Seahawks lose
Niners lose

Cards still rolling
Rams still in a funk
Going with the home team in MIN
Chicago playing well

Hawkpower

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":clv8jhul said:
Ugh - Seattle and Minnesota is a tough game to call. If Seattle wins decisively, then I think they carry that through to a playoff spot. If Seattle loses, then I think they just don't have everything together this year and won't be able to make a strong run regardless if they get a spot in the playoffs. Seattle *should* win, IMO, so I'm picking Seattle.

Cards win because I'm a homer.

Bears win because John Fox is actually a good coach and they have Adam Gase managing Jay Cutler. I think this game will be a fun one to watch.

Seattle - wins
Arizona - wins
St. Louis - Jeff Fisher implodes (and they lose)
San Francisco - almost wins, but actually loses

Eh, I think you are putting too much emphasis on this game from a Seattle perspective.

Sure, a win would certainly help to continue to propel them back on track, but I don't know that a loss, on the road, against an 8-3 team would be so doom and gloomy.

We can afford to lose 1-2 more games and still likely get in to the tourney. If we lose a squeaker Sunday, but win out @ 10-6, nobody will remember the Minny game at all, and Sea will be just as dangerous as ever.

Getting in is all that matters. Anything can happen from there.

kearly

Reaction score
Aw crap, I forgot last week. Would have been 4-0 too.

Cards win
Rams lose
Hawks win
49ers lose

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Hawkpower":vcmyy6q7 said:
b8rtm8nn":vcmyy6q7 said:
Ugh - Seattle and Minnesota is a tough game to call. If Seattle wins decisively, then I think they carry that through to a playoff spot. If Seattle loses, then I think they just don't have everything together this year and won't be able to make a strong run regardless if they get a spot in the playoffs. Seattle *should* win, IMO, so I'm picking Seattle.

Eh, I think you are putting too much emphasis on this game from a Seattle perspective.

Sure, a win would certainly help to continue to propel them back on track, but I don't know that a loss, on the road, against an 8-3 team would be so doom and gloomy.

We can afford to lose 1-2 more games and still likely get in to the tourney. If we lose a squeaker Sunday, but win out @ 10-6, nobody will remember the Minny game at all, and Sea will be just as dangerous as ever.

Getting in is all that matters. Anything can happen from there.

Yeah, I agree, I think I meant if the Hawks LOSE decisively, then I doubt they will go deep in the playoffs, because I believe they are better than the Vikings.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cards over Rams. Rams hang for a half but Cards pull away in the 2nd half.

Bears over 9ers in a close one. Expect 9ers to give 'em a tough game. If it were in Santa Clara I'd likely pic 9ers but it's not so da Bears win.

Hawks over Viqueens in a very close game.

Polaris

Reaction score
My predictions (for what they're worth):

St Louis: Win
Seattle: Win
Niners: Loss
Arizona: Loss

RedAlice

Reaction score
My streak on the top has ended.....and Ringless begins his.

For this week:

Arizona wins. Without Quinn, with Foles under center and with the absolute just atrocious football that the Fisher Rams have been playing - I just cannot see a win here. However, Rams have won weirder games, so maybe this will be one. I would so love to be wrong here.

Seahawks lose. This one could go either way, and I'm not a big believer in the Vikes yet. But the Vikings are on some win high and taking down the Hawks would be a major accomplishment for them - energy to Vikes. Plus, mathematically I expect most people playing this game will pick the Hawks to win, so a Vikes win will give me a point and them a negative.

Niners lose. No explanation needed.

drdiags

Reaction score
Kudos to the 9ers. Gabbert has given them a spark. I know my Bears family are suffering as they watch their chances for the playoffs being closed. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy for Robbie Gould to miss. Just a hater (I'm not bitter about the 2006 OT loss to the Bears in the NFC Divisional round).

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
drdiags 34-10
RINGLESS 34-14
RedAlice 33-15
Hawksfansinceday1 32-16
KEARLY 28-16
POPEYEJONES 27-12
Hasselbeck 27-17
Superman28 26-15
greenblue_eye's2 24-12
Shadowhawk 23-15
REX 22-22
b8rtm8nn 21-12
Mizzou 19-9 XXXXXXX
Fade 14-13 XXXXXXX
ClutchDJ 10-9 XXXXXXX
UNCLE SI 8-4 xxx
Largent80 8-5 xxx
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":5ia7ybrc said:
Kudos to the 9ers. Gabbert has given them a spark. I know my Bears family are suffering as they watch their chances for the playoffs being closed. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy for Robbie Gould to miss. Just a hater (I'm not bitter about the 2006 OT loss to the Bears in the NFC Divisional round).
I never thought I'd utter the following words: Gabbert looks like the future at QB for Frisco.