New Orleans Saints article accuses Hawks of Bounty

Laloosh

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2rdeu3lo said:
chuckle.gif

Words cannot describe how bitter that organization is (I would be too, Hawks own you at CLink), and how stupid these allegations are.

After this season, I couldn't care less what these idiot asses do in NOLA, that team and organization are just so.....shitty.

I approve of your signature, sir.

themunn

Reaction score
In fairness, he disclaims it at the bottom with this:

Note to visiting Seahawks fans: Read carefully. I’m not accusing Seattle of maintaining a literal bounty program. I’m saying calling the “Legion of Boom” a bounty program is as accurate as using that language to describe Gregg Williams’ pay-for-performance program. The evidence doesn’t support either team’s program being characterized as an intent-to-injure scheme. The point is an illustration of NFL hypocrisy in condemning one team’s performance incentive program to an unprecedented extent while approving of a remarkably similar one in a different city.

Of course, it's a totally bull**** comparison because one is a cheeky penalty, the other was tens of thousands of dollars

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
themunn":1f67qiyj said:
In fairness, he disclaims it at the bottom with this:

Note to visiting Seahawks fans: Read carefully. I’m not accusing Seattle of maintaining a literal bounty program. I’m saying calling the “Legion of Boom” a bounty program is as accurate as using that language to describe Gregg Williams’ pay-for-performance program. The evidence doesn’t support either team’s program being characterized as an intent-to-injure scheme. The point is an illustration of NFL hypocrisy in condemning one team’s performance incentive program to an unprecedented extent while approving of a remarkably similar one in a different city.

Of course, it's a totally bull**** comparison because one is a cheeky penalty, the other was tens of thousands of dollars

Correction - "claims" of tens of thousands of dollars by one single disgruntled ex-employee with zero supporting facts. And, I assure you that not one Saints fan would ever honestly accuse the Seahawks of having a bounty. That article is a satirical piece aimed at Goodell and nothing more. Y'all need to relax and enjoy what is coming up. Your Hawks stand a very good chance of being NFL champs. As a fan I can assure you that it is a great feeling.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
One more thing. Every Saints fan I have spoken to personally over the past week has said that they will be rooting for the Seahawks over the Broncos. There is disappointment, but no bitterness by the vast majority of Saints fans. We are a pragmatic group. We were beaten by a better team and can accept that fact. Avoid painting with too wide a brush. If you search hard enough it is always likely you will find at least one thing that seems unpleasant.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1d99pmqc said:
One more thing. Every Saints fan I have spoken to personally over the past week has said that they will be rooting for the Seahawks over the Broncos. There is disappointment, but no bitterness by the vast majority of Saints fans. We are a pragmatic group. We were beaten by a better team and can accept that fact. Avoid painting with too wide a brush. If you search hard enough it is always likely you will find at least one thing that seems unpleasant.
Very true. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
This is the new gold standard for reaching.

To sum up, players "fining" each other $100 for failing to complete a pick six is exactly the same as a DC paying his players thousands of dollars for intentionally injuring key players on the opponent's offense.

As a bit of a tacit admission that this is retarded logic, he defends himself by saying that we should probably suspect LOB of bounty-gate type tactics in addition, since they have the word "boom" in their name.

Facts, meet agenda. I definitely would not expect many other Saints fans to share these views. This guy is a dumbass first, Saints fan second.

AsylumGuido":2uivfj4n said:
Y'all need to relax and enjoy what is coming up. Your Hawks stand a very good chance of being NFL champs. As a fan I can assure you that it is a great feeling.

I think it kind of started off as satire, then it went into the ditch. His doubling down in the comments shows he actually believes his own theory.

FWIW, I remember there being actual evidence in bounty gate- I even remember seeing the bounty they had for Matt Hasselbeck in that 2010 playoff game. That said, I've never liked Goodell and I think he completely over-reacted in the punishment he dished out to New Orleans. Gregg Williams probably got what he deserved, but the 1 year suspension for Payton almost felt like Goodell was a one man lynch mob.

Bountygate had a pretty big impact on some of those defensive players, which actually helped Seattle when they got Anthony Hargrove for a song in 2011. He had a really nice season for us that year.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
kearly":h9tt7gen said:
This is the new gold standard for reaching.

To sum up, players "fining" each other $100 for failing to complete a pick six is exactly the same as a DC paying his players thousands of dollars for intentionally injuring key players on the opponent's offense.

As a bit of a tacit admission that this is retarded logic, he defends himself by saying that we should probably suspect LOB of bounty-gate type tactics in addition, since they have the word "boom" in their name.

Facts, meet agenda. I definitely would not expect many other Saints fans to share these views. This guy is a dumbass first, Saints fan second.

AsylumGuido":h9tt7gen said:
Y'all need to relax and enjoy what is coming up. Your Hawks stand a very good chance of being NFL champs. As a fan I can assure you that it is a great feeling.

I think it kind of started off as satire, then it went into the ditch. His doubling down in the comments shows he actually believes his own theory.

FWIW, I remember there being actual evidence in bounty gate- I even remember seeing the bounty they had for Matt Hasselbeck in that 2010 playoff game. That said, I've never liked Goodell and I think he completely over-reacted in the punishment he dished out to New Orleans. Gregg Williams probably got what he deserved, but the 1 year suspension for Payton almost felt like Goodell was a one man lynch mob.

Bountygate had a pretty big impact on some of those defensive players, which actually helped Seattle when they got Anthony Hargrove for a song in 2011. He had a really nice season for us that year.

I can assure you that 99.9% of all Saints fans fully believe the original claims of actual bounties are totally bogus. And I am afraid that you are mistaken as to the existence of any evidence proving that any actual bounties took place. The league finally dropped all pretense that there were bounties after Tagliabue handled the player appeal. It was ruled that there was a player run performance pool, while not unlike pools run by players all across the league, was still against the rules. As for Hasselbeck, there was nothing more than a single motivational power point slide that mentioned Hasselbeck, Mike Williams and Lynch as the key players to stop and the subject of the slide was a popular reality character known as Dog, the Bounty Hunter. Goodell took that and ran with it as a literal bounty. Gregg Williams was well known for his use of hyperbole and imagery to get his point across. The players have even stated that they didn't take his rhetoric literally.