New Legion of Boom?

chris98251

Reaction score
It's ESPN bashing us in one way and complimenting us in another, they are trying to cash in on a catch phrase and nothing more. LOB is here and always will be. The fact that Belichek is trying to emulate us is flattering.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I don't have any problem with a commentator wondering if they're the new LOB. It's just an expression. I'll have a problem if they try to call themselves that, or if someone else tries to make the name stick.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
Monsters of the midway - Chicago Bears. Purple people eaters - Minnesota Vikings. Steel curtain - Pittsburgh Steelers. Orange Crush - Denver Broncos. Legion of Boom - Seattle Seahawks. It's an identity, OUR IDENTITY! Plus out of all of these, L.O.B. is the best. I wasn't around for the Bear teams but I remember the rest.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1pq30wji said:
THey will convert Browner to SS
Everyone wants a Kam in the mix, you saw his impact in the SB.
He's a intimidating force back there and would be perfect at that position.

I hadn't thought of that. Interesting. It would be a good plan. I love Earl, Sherm, Maxie and all. But, Kam Chancellor is just as unique as having an Earl Thomas. Safety with mad skills that looks, hits and intimidates like a LB.

By the way... it's "The" Legion of Boom. I agree. It's a Seattle Seahawks DB identity alone. Only in flattering comparison. Still, there's the original... and those who imitate it.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I fully agree with all of you but... Can you really have Legion of Boom without Browner? To me the LOB is Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor and Browner. Maybe it will remain the name of the Seahawks secondary even after all the palyers are gone but that is how I will remember it.

Seattle still easily has the best defensive backfield in the league, no doubt about it. New England is not even that close.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":9l8jlg5v said:
ivotuk":9l8jlg5v said:
I looked and found no such article on ESPN Insiders. Are you sure you don't mean this?

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91535

It wasn't an article, it was a topic of discussion they had on the TV show.

Ah, I see. They probably stole the topic from NFL.com :D Since the SuperB Owl, the LOB has been a topic all over the NFL but has really gained "legitimacy" since Bill Belicheck seems to be emulating that approach.

lsheldon

Reaction score
TwilightError":2pd52d8r said:
I fully agree with all of you but... Can you really have Legion of Boom without Browner? To me the LOB is Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor and Browner. Maybe it will remain the name of the Seahawks secondary even after all the palyers are gone but that is how I will remember it.

Seattle still easily has the best defensive backfield in the league, no doubt about it. New England is not even that close.

Erin Andrews interviewed the DB's on what was meant by the Legion of Boom. The video is hosted on Vimeo here: http://vimeo.com/85778202

The Legion isn't just Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, & Browner, it is the entire group as a brotherhood. It's whoever happens to be out there on the field at that time.

jblaze

Reaction score
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The NFL is a copy paste business, everyone will try to duplicate the LOB because they're the best. They will all fail miserably.

Now don't get me wrong, the Patriots will be insanely better next year in the secondary with Revis and Browner but without rangey safeties behind you, you can't gamble or play as aggressively. I like the Patriots and I think this will help them greatly but there will never be another LOB.

That's how you know you've arrived, when people compare everyone else against you.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
There wont be another L.O.B. stfu

Ive never heard another team being refered to as the steel curtain

Eff anyone that tries to use that, stupid bishes

jblaze

Reaction score
BlueBlood":23981b6x said:

They're not literally going to call another secondary the LOB. They're making a comparison FFS....

Reading comprehension is hard.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
jblaze":1w6x7t4h said:
BlueBlood":1w6x7t4h said:

They're not literally going to call another secondary the LOB. They're making a comparison FFS....

The comparison is a bigger joke than actually using the moniker... Jblizzle

I didn't read the thread I just simply commented on the title hippy

jblaze

Reaction score
BlueBlood":jplez45l said:
jblaze":jplez45l said:
BlueBlood":jplez45l said:

The comparison is a bigger joke than actually using the moniker... Jblizzle

I didn't read the thread I just simply commented on the title hippy

Even better, make a post without knowing anything about the subject. Derp.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I honestly thought the Legion of Boom is our unique name for the secondary. Most specifically, the starting secondary. Anyone who's a starting member of the secondary is considered the Boom. That's how I viewed it back then. Now for me to call it, it just who ever brings the boom is a part of the LOB.

two dog

Reaction score
The Niffle media is going to be all over the NEW New England secondary just because they
are the Patriots. Going big at corner and actually signing a Seattle leaving (which I wish we
had back) is going to bring comparisons. Browner will be asked to compare and comment on
the two units about every day. He's gonna get sick and tired of THAT.

Earl is such a unique player. I don't think I have seen another like him in a lifetime of watching
football. Don't expect to see another anytime soon.

Kam is just as unique in a different way.Guys who can bring the pain like bam bam aren't supposed
to be this fast, agile and smart.

The Patriots can get back to us with updates on their effort to duplicate the L.O.B.
Pretty nice complement really but it's also what everybody else wants.

joeshaney

Reaction score
I take it it as a compliment (not personally, obviously).
If they can find a safety to pair with McCourty they should be pretty damn good.
Obviously not as good as The LOB, but who could possibly be.
Were the 85 Bears offended when our defense was compared to theirs?
They shouldn't be, it's a sign of well deserved respect.

I'd love to face them in the Bowl next year. That'd be fun!