Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If moving on and getting rid of all high paid players is the real reason, why didnt the article touch upon that even once? It has nothing to do with money. Miami is only saving $3.9 million releasing him now.

An ESPN article writes - The Dolphins are moving on from Suh and Timmons as they continue their attempt at a culture change.

Also, you actually think Pete Carroll is a disciplinarian of some sort? Have you been paying any attention at all since he's been here? Sheesh.

original poster

Reaction score
bigskydoc":vmhgrqot said:
Suh was guaranteed to get cut this year from the moment he signed that ridiculous contract. Anything short of carrying the team on his back to a Super Bowl victory (and when was the last time a defensive player did that) meant he wasn't going to be with the team for the 2018 season.

No team is going to pay a defensive lineman 14% of their cap. Miami was either stupid (not entirely out of the question) to sign him to that contract, or they knew exactly when they were cutting him.

Neither his on-field, or off-field, behavior have been bad enough to excuse the cutting, so you are going to see some waffling about exactly why he was cut, and the locker room cancer excuse/ just looking for guys who want to play football excuse are going to get tossed out there.

It's simple economics, his contract was too big to keep for a team that isn't a perennial contender.

He isn't the same dirty player from his first two seasons. He isn't a locker room cancer. He is just a top 5 talent toward the tail end of his career. He likely has 3-4 good years left, and I hope he spends 2-3 of those with us.

With the way the contract was structured, no way in hell did they plan on releasing him in 2018 all along.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I don't think they planned on having to cut him and absorb the hit, but neither do I think they planned on keeping him

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Articles saying different things so who knows.

If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap.

Guess they will be saving 17 million. Yeah, that makes a difference.

original poster

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1pzjjavw said:
I don't think they planned on having to cut him and absorb the hit, but neither do I think they planned on keeping him

So trade then?

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":1y84kduj said:
bigskydoc":1y84kduj said:

So trade then?

Nobody is trading into that contract.

adeltaY

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3okj78kh said:
If moving on and getting rid of all high paid players is the real reason, why didnt the article touch upon that even once? It has nothing to do with money. Miami is only saving $3.9 million releasing him now.

An ESPN article writes - The Dolphins are moving on from Suh and Timmons as they continue their attempt at a culture change.

Also, you actually think Pete Carroll is a disciplinarian of some sort? Have you been paying any attention at all since he's been here? Sheesh.

The article is just rapaport speculating. It's not gospel.

original poster

Reaction score
Seymour":32vilmtw said:
original poster":32vilmtw said:
bigskydoc":32vilmtw said:

So trade then?

Nobody is trading into that contract.

I know, was just trying to understand where Skydoc was coming from.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
adeltaY":f0me2az2 said:
pittpnthrs":f0me2az2 said:

The article is just rapaport speculating. It's not gospel.

He's usually more right than wrong. I trust him more than I do posters on a football forum.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1o1yta2h said:
pittpnthrs":1o1yta2h said:
I trust him more than I do posters on a football forum.

and yet here you are...

What does that even mean? I'm here because its fun talking and reading about my favorite team. Like everybody else on here, I have my opinions, but i'm sure Ian Rapoport has access to many more sources than anybody on .Net. He breaks stories and will be right more often than any of us. Even you Si.

rossob

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2zyzgdr0 said:

It has everything to do with a stupid FO. Just read through the Dolphins forum and contrary to both your belief and the thread title almost no one thinks it is Suh's fault.
https://finheaven.com/threads/suh-has-always-been-the-cancer-on-this-team.346323/

Cancer lol

At the top of the NFL in Snap percentage by a DLineman
Hasn’t missed a game since 2011
Does not complain
Takes underachieving draft picks to work out with him in Oregon
Goes overseas to rep the team visiting soldiers

Good lord, I have my homer moments as well but there is a limit to defending these guys making the decisions.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Guy was the highest rated player for the Dolphins last year and has never been identified as a locker room problem. Sure he did some dumb things in game early in his career but he has been a dominant player every snap. No injury history, never complains. Adam Gase is tearing apart the roster to get 'his' guys. A lot of you are reaching.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2iz5hc6i said:
TransGenderHawkFan":2iz5hc6i said:
pittpnthrs":2iz5hc6i said:
A-Dog":2iz5hc6i said:
please post links to articles or clips that speak to the assertion that Suh is a locker room cancer

I am not aware of this - like everyone else I've seen the clips of Suh being dirty on the field, and noted his personal fouls and whatnot, but I've not heard (or don't remember) anything about being a cancer off the field

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 7_25921142

Assuming that you read the article that you posted, there was nothing there that suggested he was a locker room cancer. Speculated that there were some players that weren't a fan of his cheap shot antics, but as shown earlier he only had two 15 yard penalties against him.

Article is spaghetti on a wall.

“This is really about regaining the locker room and getting the kinds of players that Dolphins coach Adam Gase wants,” Rapoport said. “… He’s kind of trying to regain the locker room and fill it with guys who really just want to play football and nothing else. Suh was a guy they deemed had to go, and now he’s expected to go.”

Seems black and white to me. The article doesnt mention financial reasons even once. Where does that leave him? I didnt think it was such a secret that Suh is pretty much a jerk no matter where he goes or where he's been. A top talented player moving on to his 3rd team,,,,,nah, cant be any red flags there.

You conveniently left out the part of the quote that speculated why he wasn't liked in the lockerroom and it was his excessive penalties. He had two 15 yard penalties. You are being dishonest.

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":9777uori said:
A-Dog":9777uori said:
Crizilla":9777uori said:
Terrible idea. Why some of you aren't aware that Suh is locker room cancer, I have no idea.
please post links to articles or clips that speak to the assertion that Suh is a locker room cancer

I am not aware of this - like everyone else I've seen the clips of Suh being dirty on the field, and noted his personal fouls and whatnot, but I've not heard (or don't remember) anything about being a cancer off the field

LMAO. So he grabbed Mallet by the throat. Yet Bennett can do the same and jump late on Weedon and it's OK because he was "beasting out"?

I still think the good outweighs the bad in this case. It is all about $$ at this point.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Seymour":3rxp2gao said:
pittpnthrs":3rxp2gao said:
A-Dog":3rxp2gao said:
Crizilla":3rxp2gao said:
Terrible idea. Why some of you aren't aware that Suh is locker room cancer, I have no idea.

LMAO. So he grabbed Mallet by the throat. Yet Bennett can do the same and jump late on Weedon and it's OK because he was "beasting out"?

I still think the good outweighs the bad in this case. It is all about $$ at this point.

Ditto, dude is a monster. Not many other players like him in the NFL, he would add some serious attitude to the DL. Just hope if it does happen he is willing to make less than previously even if the team will have $40 million to play with.

A-Dog

Reaction score
In principle, I'm opposed to signing a guy for big money who is going in to his age 31 season.

HOWEVER, Suh is not typical. He's a transformational player, a force of nature.

It reminds me of when Green Bay signed an aging Reggie White. I don't need to tell you guys what happened next.

As it always does, this will depend on the dollars involved, but I am not opposed to the possibility.

adeltaY

Reaction score
rossob":106b65yt said:
pittpnthrs":106b65yt said:

It has everything to do with a stupid FO. Just read through the Dolphins forum and contrary to both your belief and the thread title almost no one thinks it is Suh's fault.
https://finheaven.com/threads/suh-has-always-been-the-cancer-on-this-team.346323/

Cancer lol

At the top of the NFL in Snap percentage by a DLineman
Hasn’t missed a game since 2011
Does not complain
Takes underachieving draft picks to work out with him in Oregon
Goes overseas to rep the team visiting soldiers

Good lord, I have my homer moments as well but there is a limit to defending these guys making the decisions.

Great find, I'm going to do some digging on their subreddit as well.