NBA Playoffs

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Man, Lebron is getting no help tonight. The Miami Cavaliers comment from Reggie was pretty spot on. I bet Lebron would love some Anderson Varejao right about now.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I've been wondering why Spols hasn't played Miller and/or Shard more to spread the floor. Makes too much sense.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":5fcmc54s said:
Spoelstra sucks

His commitment to Ray has been odd. Only one way to negate the Pacers size, put a spread 4 out there. Let Miller or Shard hit a few 3's?

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":1c8jz933 said:
-The Glove-":1c8jz933 said:
Spoelstra sucks

His commitment to Ray has been odd. Only one way to negate the Pacers size, put a spread 4 out there. Let Miller or Shard hit a few 3's?

If they were still able to do it, it'd make more sense.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Miller's shown he can. I'm sure Shard could too, vs a big team. They'd get A LOT of space. Pacers big guys aren't the fastest on rotation.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The heat bench isn't bad. i just don't get why Spoelstra doesn't rotate them as much.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":36dciu6y said:
The heat bench isn't bad. i just don't get why Spoelstra doesn't rotate them as much.

Agreed. Shard and Miller aren't too old to play 8 min a piece, stand at wing, and make their bigs play honestly.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It should never get to th point where they need to use 2 of the bottom 3 on their bench though, Bosh and Wade have been playing like bitches, Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson would ball them up right now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Throwdown":2cjjeqj0 said:
It should never get to th point where they need to use 2 of the bottom 3 on their bench though, Bosh and Wade have been playing like bitches, Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson would ball them up right now.
It shouldnt but when your 2 stars are playing like that, you have to.

SirTed

Reaction score
pehawk":3sgiwcjz said:
-The Glove-":3sgiwcjz said:

Agreed. Shard and Miller aren't too old to play 8 min a piece, stand at wing, and make their bigs play honestly.

I think we'll see Miller in Game 7 tonight, but the reason you don't see the corpses of Miller and Lewis is because they can't guard ANYONE, and their 3pt percentage isn't SO much better than Battier, (who shot 46% from 3 for the season). Remember, Spoe watches practice EVERYDAY, I think he knows what he has. I've never been a huge fan of his, but his adjustments game to game in this series have been good. No surprise really, an NBA headcoach knows basketball.

On the other hand,

GO PACERS!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
So the Matt Hasselbeck of the NBA decided to show up and not screw up for no good reason at all, good job, Dwayne.

knownone

Reaction score
The NBA is awful. This is the only professional sports league where every aspect of the game can be dictated by the refs, the pace, style, everything.

The dream team can barely beat Spain by 7 in the Olympics, yet Miami can blow out the Pacers in a series that was statistically dominated by the Pacers. In a game 7 where all 3 of the Pacers best players are in foul trouble from the start?

I'm glad we don't have a team... I can't stand this league.

SirTed

Reaction score
Throwdown":d5cd4ru8 said:
Anywayyyyyyyy

I got the Heat in 6, what about the rest of you?

I think the Heat in 6 is a pretty decent bet.

I really can't say who I think will win (yet). I feel like about 30 seconds into the game we'll know though. It's all about how the Spurs handle the Heat's pick and roll D, to me. Parker is small, so he could have trouble handling their hyper aggressive pick and roll defense but he's SO good, and so fast. More simply than that, can Mario Chalmers give Parker a hard time? And Norris Cole as well. I can't stand Chalmers offensive game but he's a really great defender. Cole is underrated as well, especially against an undersized Parker.

And of course - stopping Lebron. Leonard can't stop him alone, that's for sure. IF there was one team though that I thought COULD have a 9 man system to help slow down James it's the Spurs. We'll see.

I'm pulling for San Antonio. One last ring for Duncan.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Manu and Wade run into each other, and simultaneously injure themselves flopping around. Manu can be frustrating, but nobody is worse than Wade. The dude CAN'T shoot, and scores 80% of his points because he throws himself to the ground on every drive to the hoop.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I hope Manu tears an ACL, and I'll take punishment from others for hoping it. Dude is a bitch, him and Parker, flopping around like fish outta water, can't stand the Spurs almost as much as I can't stand the Thunder.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Spurs in 5.

Not Lebron's fault. I expect Wade to go down early in the series. Game 3 goes to the Heat, that's it.