NBA investigates Clippers owner Donald Sterling for racism

Throwdown

Reaction score
Oh then yeah, usually takes about 2 years for an expansion team to get off the ground lol

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":305q5ps3 said:
Blitzer88":305q5ps3 said:
Throwdown":305q5ps3 said:
SonicHawk":305q5ps3 said:
-0% chance Clippers are sold to Hansen/Ballmer.

I'm getting the feeling that H/b/n isn't even gonna bother with this one.

Yeah, I doubt Hansen would even attempt to get the Clippers. After the whole Kings debacle, I just don't see the NBA returning for a long time if ever.

Its not that at all, its just... You don't want to be THAT guy right now, and aside from the ownership situation, there's no reason at all for the Clippers to leave LA, there's no arena problem, the team is good, and has insanely marketable players. This is just a battle that isn't worth fighting for Hansen & Ballmer, and I think it'd be a one way ticket to fall out of favor with NBA owners that they're trying to build good will with.

I hope they leave the situation alone.

Agreed!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I hate to say this, but Donald Sterling being a miserable bastard is our key back into the league. He's a salty dude and will try to get the highest amount of cash possible on the way out, screwing the league on the way if he can. He's not some chump like the Maloofs are in that way.

HBN need to jump in here, outbid everyone, and Sterling can let the league know that he's only taking one offer, and that's the HBN one. Then, when the NBA tries their little end-around again, sue. Best case, we get the Clips. Likely case, they give us expansion to go away and avoid an ugly lawsuit.

I would never want to badmouth Hansen or Ballmer, but they didn't get exactly who they were dealing with the first time around. The league plays dirty. You have to play dirty pool right back if you want to get anywhere with them. Those are the only tactics that they understand. If they don't want to do this, I get it, but then they are back to hoping for a Sacramento or Milwaukee arena deal collapse - not out of the question, but a long shot.

Silver let them know that expansion isn't coming; they have to rip a team away and move them. It's ugly, but hey, other people have done it to us.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Throwdown":85dp6c7g said:
I've been in Silver's corner since February when he took the job, today he impressed me by taking a hard line stance.

Not me anymore. I remember before he said something about considering expansion before he became commissioner then as soon as he became commissioner he said the league has no plans of expansion.

Throwdown

Reaction score
dopeboy206":27bss96h said:
Throwdown":27bss96h said:
I've been in Silver's corner since February when he took the job, today he impressed me by taking a hard line stance.

Not me anymore. I remember before he said something about considering expansion before he became commissioner then as soon as he became commissioner he said the league has no plans of expansion.

He said immediate plans, and you can't expand making there no threat to pre existing markets to lose their team to if they don't fix their arena situation, and the TV contracts are still being negotiated. Seriously makes no sense to make expansion an option.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ackz64a said:
Umm... Ballmer just taking in the sights?

173700.jpg

HansGruber

Reaction score
And yet, nobody seems at all curious why his wife/girlfriend decided to release this now. Surely it couldn't have been the first or only second time it happened. Why be okay with it until now? Why continue to see him if it is so morally reprehensible? Perhaps he was getting bored with his toy and she knew she'd never inherit anything so grab what you can before the door slams shut.

She set him up, got him talking, recorded it and then released it to the media so all the peasants could do their pitchfork and torch thing. And sure as day, it went entirely according to her plan.

What's most funny to me is that she shares his views but literally nobody is smart enough to realize they are being played like a chump. At least the media is doing it for money. The masses buy in because they are too angry and stupid to realize when they're being gamed.

We live in a world where privacy and discretion are dead. Where you can be fired or harassed for the most minor errors, simply to keep the peasants happy and the media paid. George Orwell would say he told you so.

Throwdown

Reaction score
HansGruber":12wg8kb6 said:
And yet, nobody seems at all curious why his wife/girlfriend decided to release this now. Surely it couldn't have been the first or only second time it happened. Why be okay with it until now? Why continue to see him if it is so morally reprehensible? Perhaps he was getting bored with his toy and she knew she'd never inherit anything so grab what you can before the door slams shut.

She set him up, got him talking, recorded it and then released it to the media so all the peasants could do their pitchfork and torch thing. And sure as day, it went entirely according to her plan.

What's most funny to me is that she shares his views but literally nobody is smart enough to realize they are being played like a chump. At least the media is doing it for money. The masses buy in because they are too angry and stupid to realize when they're being gamed.

We live in a world where privacy and discretion are dead. Where you can be fired or harassed for the most minor errors, simply to keep the peasants happy and the media paid. George Orwell would say he told you so.

Yeah, but once it got out, the NBA had no choice in the matter. They did what had to be done, no?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":1n1h43hy said:

1) Who do you mean by 'she' .. Sterling's wife? Or this side piece? If you mean the model/gold digger he's spewing all this racist crap to on the tape.. there's probably a 0% chance she shared the same views being a bi-racial person :lol:

2) We do indeed live in that world you described.. but that doesn't excuse Sterling, or anyone for that matter, for sharing these views with anyone. And considering this man is an owner, one of the most powerful titles in sports, overseeing a league that is largely African-American.. having a guy like that in power in 2014.. AFTER these tapes dropped, would have caused borderline mutiny. Adam Silver did the right thing in banning this guy from the league and there's no question 75% of the owners give this guy the boot - hell after this PR nightmare, I would be shocked if weren't a unanimous vote.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It does sound like it's going to be unanimous, I also can't imagine it won't be. Can you imagine the PR nightmare for the teams that don't go with Silver's wishes? good lord!

m0ng0

Reaction score
personally I wish the Clippers would have just quit, forfeit the rest of the season and said FU

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Ya hear what the Warriors said they were going to do? They were going to turn their shirts inside out, warm up, and walk off right after the tip off...easy for them to say now after Sterling is banned. They should've done that the first game after the tapes leaked

m0ng0

Reaction score
-The Glove-":13a9a0et said:
Ya hear what the Warriors said they were going to do? They were going to turn their shirts inside out, warm up, and walk off right after the tip off...easy for them to say now after Sterling is banned. They should've done that the first game after the tapes leaked

hahhaha well they are about to lose, why not? Its almost too late now, I wish they would have done it immediately upon learning of this news, that would have sent a serious message, and the world would have been behind them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sounds like the racist doesn't want to sell his team and will sue the NBA. :)
I hope the racist and NBA NUKE each other in court and there is nothing left of each except smoldering rubble. I'll have my popcorn ready. :th2thumbs:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HansGruber":1819sq9b said:
........We live in a world where privacy and discretion are dead. Where you can be fired or harassed for the most minor errors, simply to keep the peasants happy and the media paid. George Orwell would say he told you so.
Absolute truth

Hasselbeck":1819sq9b said:
.....We do indeed live in that world you described.. but that doesn't excuse Sterling, or anyone for that matter, for sharing these views with anyone. And considering this man is an owner, one of the most powerful titles in sports, overseeing a league that is largely African-American.. having a guy like that in power in 2014.. AFTER these tapes dropped, would have caused borderline mutiny. Adam Silver did the right thing in banning this guy from the league and there's no question 75% of the owners give this guy the boot - hell after this PR nightmare, I would be shocked if weren't a unanimous vote.
Also absolute truth

drdiags

Reaction score
HansGruber":1g5bb28r said:

You haven't been paying attention. That is the first thing I asked. I know, it's the internet and generalities work better.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hdbr6f7 said:
Sounds like the racist doesn't want to sell his team and will sue the NBA. :)
I hope the racist and NBA NUKE each other in court and there is nothing left of each except smoldering rubble. I'll have my popcorn ready. :th2thumbs:

Lawyers aren't even taking Sterlings case, he's done.

There really isn't anything to hit the nba with, Silver released the NBA's constitution and bylaws just before the press conference, for the first time in ever we can read their secret fraternity rules and stuff. And nothing in those guidelines did Silver or the NBA violate.

NBA still stands, long live the NBA. Sterling will die a confused, shamed, lonely and clipperless death.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
m0ng0":1bpygajn said:
-The Glove-":1bpygajn said:

hahhaha well they are about to lose, why not? Its almost too late now, I wish they would have done it immediately upon learning of this news, that would have sent a serious message, and the world would have been behind them.

That's what I'm saying...its easy to say you were going to do that when you know you won't have to now. I already enjoy watching them play, but that would've automatically made me a fan

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
What I don't get about Sterling is that the guy is Jewish and he's a racist. So you're part of perhaps the most persecuted group of people in history yet you are a racist. OK, that just makes you a complete POS.