NBA COMING AFTER 2024 ?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen the expansion talk come round again, saying us and Las Vegas, 2024 possibly after they get the next Media deal done. Hmmmm we will see I guess, using us as leverage, don't see it this time.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The NBA has been dead to me since the day the Sonics left town. I won't even bother to get excited again until the Sonics' return home is officially confirmed. Even then I will still hate the NBA, but of course will support the Super Sonics as I always have.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Seen the expansion talk come round again, saying us and Las Vegas, 2024 possibly after they get the next Media deal done. Hmmmm we will see I guess, using us as leverage, don't see it this time.
Yes, it's actually happening. It's been in the works for a while.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Meh
NBA was dead to me after that Sonic scheme and they are NOT
righting any wrongs by having a new team in Seattle.
They are just making more money with another expansion fee and
that team which I sure as hell hope isn't named the Sonics will pass
it on to the suckers who will pay up the ass for a watered down NBA
product.
I will stay a fan of the other Seattle teams-GO Hawks,Kraken and Ms!

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I for one, am in support of a 1,000 year ban on the NBA ever returning to the greater Seattle area.
That is how bad they screwed us last time, and no, they should never get another opportunity to do it again.

Threedee

Reaction score
Can we begin the new franchise by inducting people into a Hall of Shame? That would be pretty awesome.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I remember when we lost the Sonics, the talk was "oh don't worry, Seattle will get another team soon". Here we are 15 years later and we are still just hearing rumors.

rcaido

Reaction score
Basketball is my fav sport. When the Sonics were stolen away I haven't watch one full NBA game since.

So many years my wounds get reopen w rumors of the Sonics coming back. I'll just wait until it happens and not get my hopes up.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Does you think the media’s ignorance towards Seattle sports in general has an influence on whether the NBA comes back to Seattle?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I place all the blame in David Stern's lap.

He allowed it to happen... and then immediately took the position that that would never happen again... essentially sounding the death knell for NBA basketball in Seattle for a decade or two.

NoGain

Reaction score
I place the blame in Howard Schultz's lap. The Sonics don't leave if he doesn't sell. He is Seattle's Benedict Arnold. Horrible traitor of the public trust. And for those who think he gets a pass for not getting a new arena built, think again. We got a new arena built for one. These things take time, just as they did with the Mariners new stadium, the Seahawks new stadium, and the new Kraken stadium. And remember it was only two years later that Ballmer left Microsoft, who would have surely bought the Sonics and kept them here had they not been sold out from under the fans of the team.

Latest posts