Native American Group Threatens Boycott of Commanders

renofox

Reaction score
Land O' Lakes butter took their inspiration from Andrew Jackson, founder of the modern Democrat Party, when dealing with the Native American "problem".

Remove the "Indian" but keep their land.

NFL: Get rid of anything "Indian" - we don't want to be associated with "them". White liberal women should be appeased and their delusional behavior affirmed, instead.

It all sounds ridiculous but it is all the truth.

LOL

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's the cancel culture who wanted these name changes,statues removed
and history changed or edited to their liking.
Whomever appeased them - They allowed them to keep going and their goal
is to obviously erase the past so young ones will comform to their idea(s)
of what is acceptable and how things should be..

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Oh good lord! If that's not the definition of damned if you do, damned if you don't I don't know what is. Is this group legit? I mean, not just some small vocal minority?
The ones demanding a name change were always the vocal minority. And most of the ones demanding it weren't even part of the group.

CPHawk

Reaction score
To me, it was always a question of nuance. Redskins I could easily see being a derogatory term to have as the namesake of your team. Indians? I guess so. The Fighting Illini, Seminoles, Utes, even the Chiefs...not so at all to me, or at least I had a hard time understanding why NA's in general would be upset about them.
Pretty sure the Illini, Utes and Seminoles give their blessing to the schools using their names.

Torc

Reaction score
I always wonder why people are so against using the native american imagery but are totally fine with teams like the Celtics, Fighting Irish (THERE'S a stereotype!), Vikings, Scotties or Trojans. We tend to choose mascots based on qualities we want our teams to emulate, not make fun of.

I can understand the complaints about the name 'Redskins' because to me that always brings to mind old westerns where "paleface" and "redskin" were used as derogatory terms. I see it similarly to several words that are not political to even mention nowadays referring to various ethnic groups.

There was a college in Colorado a few years ago that had an intramural team named the "Fighting Whites". I think they ended up retiring it because it was too popular and didn't end up being the protest they were intending.....but only after they used revenue from T-shirts and such to fund some scholarships for Native American students. I thought it was pretty hilarious myself.

FightingWhites

morgulon1

Reaction score
according to this stack exchange link, many Indian tribes refered to themselves as red people.

here
I'm native and never had a problem with it. My skin does in fact have a reddish tint to it. Don't be jealous!! Haha

I'm so sick of this bubble wrapped politically correct world that has turned us into collective cowards. It ruins everything

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It's the cancel culture who wanted these name changes,statues removed
and history changed or edited to their liking.
Whomever appeased them - They allowed them to keep going and their goal
is to obviously erase the past so young ones will comform to their idea(s)
of what is acceptable and how things should be..
George Orwell was a genius.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'm native and never had a problem with it. My skin does in fact have a reddish tint to it. Don't be jealous!! Haha

I'm so sick of this bubble wrapped politically correct world that has turned us into collective cowards. It ruins everything
My skin has a reddish tint to it too, but it's more of a Scandinavian easily-sunburnt kind of red.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
George Orwell was a genius.
Last year, I paid my niece $100 to read 1984 and Animal Farm. She didn't know anything about them. I re-read them too, so we could have a conversation about them, and I was kinda surprised how much I'd forgotten about them.

My niece was surprised at how many parallels she saw between the old works of fiction and today's real life. Which of course was the point of having her read them.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Last year, I paid my niece $100 to read 1984 and Animal Farm. She didn't know anything about them. I re-read them too, so we could have a conversation about them, and I was kinda surprised how much I'd forgotten about them.

My niece was surprised at how many parallels she saw between the old works of fiction and today's real life. Which of course was the point of having her read them.
Obviously the genetic portion of human nature has changed little in that time. The main memetic differences between now and then are more advances towards racial equality and a much higher sense of entitlement due to decades of good economy. Which leads to a discussion of the fed and federal deficits. *Edit* also contributing to memetic changes are the shift from people making their living on farms to urban life, which would also be a shift from self suffiency to entitlement.

Last edited:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Obviously the genetic portion of human nature has changed little in that time. The main memetic differences between now and then are more advances towards racial equality and a much higher sense of entitlement due to decades of good economy. Which leads to a discussion of the fed and federal deficits. *Edit* also contributing to memetic changes are the shift from people making their living on farms to urban life, which would also be a shift from self suffiency to entitlement.
You'd probably benefit from re-reading those two books as well, if that's your takeaway.

I ain't paying you to do it, though.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I always wonder why people are so against using the native american imagery but are totally fine with teams like the Celtics, Fighting Irish (THERE'S a stereotype!), Vikings, Scotties or Trojans. We tend to choose mascots based on qualities we want our teams to emulate, not make fun of.

I can understand the complaints about the name 'Redskins' because to me that always brings to mind old westerns where "paleface" and "redskin" were used as derogatory terms. I see it similarly to several words that are not political to even mention nowadays referring to various ethnic groups.

There was a college in Colorado a few years ago that had an intramural team named the "Fighting Whites". I think they ended up retiring it because it was too popular and didn't end up being the protest they were intending.....but only after they used revenue from T-shirts and such to fund some scholarships for Native American students. I thought it was pretty hilarious myself.

View attachment 60265
Notre dame basically has the same mascot

NoGain

Reaction score
I must admit that I actually liked the Washington Redskins logo on the helmet. It was kind of cool looking, like the Chicago Blackhawks logo.

Latest posts