Native American Group Threatens Boycott of Commanders

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

renofox

Reaction score
Wait, I thought the whole purpose of the Redskins changing their name was because Native Americans demanded it? Am I getting it all wrong?

Just like every other ethnicity/race/culture, Natives are not monolithic.

Anyone who claims to speak for such a group of which they are a member is a lowlife POS scumbag, but the fine citizens of the USA accept such arguments as irrefutable gospel.

NoGain

Reaction score
Oh good lord! If that's not the definition of damned if you do, damned if you don't I don't know what is. Is this group legit? I mean, not just some small vocal minority?

renofox

Reaction score
Oh good lord! If that's not the definition of damned if you do, damned if you don't I don't know what is. Is this group legit? I mean, not just some small vocal minority?

Shouldn't this question have been addressed by the media and their talking heads, and their consumers, before the whole thing turned into a :poop:show?

I have read from several sources that most NAs support teams using NA mascots, but with the current situation where supposed journalists are a bunch of completely untrustworthy liars, who knows what the actual truth is.

NoGain

Reaction score
Shouldn't this question have been addressed by the media and their talking heads, and their consumers, before the whole thing turned into a :poop:show?

I have read from several sources that most NAs support teams using NA mascots, but with the current situation where supposed journalists are a bunch of completely untrustworthy liars, who knows what the actual truth is.
To me, it was always a question of nuance. Redskins I could easily see being a derogatory term to have as the namesake of your team. Indians? I guess so. The Fighting Illini, Seminoles, Utes, even the Chiefs...not so at all to me, or at least I had a hard time understanding why NA's in general would be upset about them.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Wait, I thought the whole purpose of the Redskins changing their name was because Native Americans demanded it? Am I getting it all wrong?

Yes you are getting it wrong it’s the white liberals causing a fuss trying to make decisions for minorities. I live in an area in the Blue Ridge mountains which is in southern Virginia is very Redskin in its NFL fandom most of them never accepted the name change.

Presently there is a petition that has about 100k signatures if the new ownership went back to the Redskins name they would instantly win back the fans that they lost during the Snyder years, I am not sure if the NFL would allow it….probably not

Mix

Reaction score
Hey your country has been trying to do that since Columbus landed...
I'm not Spanish or Portuguese.

And if you mean American. No American colonized North America, they only Migrated once they won their independence from England. Spanish, French, English did most of the colonizing.

Made a pretty sweet purchase with beads though.

morgulon1

Reaction score

My brother , with respect.

I believe you do have it wrong , at least partially. I am native American and never had an issue with Washington Redskins, the logo or anything like that. The folks screaming racism are social justice warriors who have a problem with anything and everything. That's simply what they do. They think they're helping the poor downtrodden ignorant natives by "defending" us.

Do you see millions of Irish people protesting against Notre Dame and that fighting Irish logo? Perhaps the Boston Celtics logo ?

I personally thought the Redskins was a cool name for a football team. I think a native American helped design the logo IIRC.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve never thought “Redskins” was offensive.

If it were Washington ******…ok.

But, cmon.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Good thing we all have access to bags of that happy stuff.

Mix

Reaction score
That's hyperbolic. The polls very a lot as to NA's feelings about the Redskins name. But it ain't zero, probably closer to 50%.
Ya totally the polls.

NoGain

Reaction score
Ya totally the polls.
What else do you have to go by? How do you think corporations devise their marketing strategies? They try to find out what the consumer wants. Unless you're someone like Jobs who tells the consumer what they want.

morgulon1

Reaction score

I read your OP again, you don't have anything wrong. You were asking a question.
My apologies. My previous response was a semi-rant. If we as a people watch silently a small group of justice warriors change Redskins, next came Indians (Cleveland) then they'll go after Braves , Warriors, it wouldn't end. someone could say they're offended by Vikings (European oppressors)or Seahawks ( very violent bird) .

Quasi rant