My name is *****, and I have Stroud Envy.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
There. I said it. No real point. But I do.

I'm' not saying 'replace Geno' or 'Geno sucks' - or ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

Him and the Texans are officially my B Team to root for behind the Jags and my favorite hairdo in the AFC.

Jac

Reaction score
The Texans are the/a new “it” because of him. I’m glad he’s in the AFC and that Carolina passed on him (their fans must be sick beyond words). He’s definitely the best of the next generation.

toffee

Reaction score
There. I said it. No real point. But I do.

I'm' not saying 'replace Geno' or 'Geno sucks' - or ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

Him and the Texans are officially my B Team to root for behind the Jags and my favorite hairdo in the AFC.
same here.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I wanted Stroud in the last draft and feel like we could have traded
up to get him.
I really like Spoon and definately was a great pick as well.
If you think about it-Stroud and Spoon have been the 2 best out of the
top 10.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I wanted Stroud in the last draft and feel like we could have traded
up to get him.
I really like Spoon and definately was a great pick as well.
If you think about it-Stroud and Spoon have been the 2 best out of the
top 10.
What do you think that trade looks like?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So Why on earth did the Panthers take Young over Stroud??? Undersized..not particularly elusive..Stroud definitely had more physical traits of a qb. I'd say Young still shows potential but I dont know...I dont see it.

Rat

Reaction score
Not like he's just benefitting from a great situation either. Nobody knew who any of these guys he's throwing to are until this year.

toffee

Reaction score
Stroud, the rookie, is currently:

On ESPN:
#10 on QBR
#6 on RTG
#9 on TD (15 TDs, 2 INTs)
#1 in yards per game (291 yards)
On PFF:
#10 QB

What's not to like? He started 9 games on a lousy team, didn't get to sit and learn, didn't have great supporting cast. One could say that he made teammates play better.

Texans on PFF with Stroud,
81.3 overall, offense 77.5, passing 19.2;
In 2022, they were
61.1 overall, offense 62.8, passing 56.4;

He is making all of us believers , especially his teammates.

Last edited:

evergreen

Reaction score
Now if Carolina does it again, they'll know how the Blazers feel.

BASF

Reaction score
Every single one of us should be a little perturbed that we could not get Stroud. Problem is the Texans were not going to trade that pick. He is the one that they wanted (intelligently). To get him, we would have to have outbid the Panthers and we would not have given up that much in trade.

toffee

Reaction score
Every single one of us should be a little perturbed that we could not get Stroud. Problem is the Texans were not going to trade that pick. He is the one that they wanted (intelligently). To get him, we would have to have outbid the Panthers and we would not have given up that much in trade.
"IF" one could travel back in time, seeing how Stroud performed this season, would you trade the farm for him?

ccla

Reaction score
"IF" one could travel back in time, seeing how Stroud performed this season, would you trade the farm for him?
I think it is a little early to say. Sure if he continues on this trajectory, maybe (I say this because I do not know if we would use him correctly in Hawks land), but let’s give him at least two seasons to see how he responds to teams adjusting to his play.

BASF

Reaction score
He was the only qb of all of them last season that I thought would be worth a trade up, but after seeing what the Panthers gave up, no. Our roster needed more influx of talent than we could afford. Most of the do whatever it takes to get a QBOTF ignore how many of our rookies have contributed this season.

renofox

Reaction score
He was the only qb of all of them last season that I thought would be worth a trade up, but after seeing what the Panthers gave up, no. Our roster needed more influx of talent than we could afford. Most of the do whatever it takes to get a QBOTF ignore how many of our rookies have contributed this season.
It would have cost us Witherspoon, JSN, DK, and our 2024 1st, approximately.

That's a pretty steep price for a gamble on a QBOTF.

Knowing what we know now, it's just a lesser gamble. There's plenty of Rookies who flash for a year then come back to earth. I think the gamble is worth the abovementioned players and picks, but understand why I'm in the minority with this opinion.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
It would have cost us Witherspoon, JSN, DK, and our 2024 1st, approximately.

That's a pretty steep price for a gamble on a QBOTF.

Knowing what we know now, it's just a lesser gamble. There's plenty of Rookies who flash for a year then come back to earth. I think the gamble is worth the abovementioned players and picks, but understand why I'm in the minority with this opinion.
I was gonna say hell yes, but when you put it like this……..