My Dad's last game

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Well said John. The last time I saw my father alive, I flew up to Seattle and I treated him to the Hawks game against the Raiders (the one where Jeremy got kicked in the jewels). It was raining lightly and no cabs were available after the game, so we walked the two miles back to my hotel talking about life in general. One of my most cherished memories and the fondest one of my father.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Although I've noticed you posting less and less over the years, I'm still gonna miss ya!

Take care, John.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I lost my dad also not long after the Super Bowl..I miss him all the time ..It sucks but I know he is in a better place than he was here in the body that was failing in his last 2 years..John mentions Les passing away- feeling like his dad..Les was about my dads age so it also brought back thoughts of my dads passing..I was depressed all weekend to a point..Hawkstorian you have a great gift of writing..I'll miss it..In closing theres a bunch of our dads up there..I like to think of them as the original 12's -the ones who got us hooked on the Hawks from the first time they took us to the Dome,QWest or the Clink..They live on through us..

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the original .NET members I will always cherish. I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to still see you from time-to-time at Temple before a game, John. Life is a never-ending series of chapters filled with both heartache and loss as well as joy and love.

To your father, to Les, to all we have loved and lost, we say "Until we meet again."

Largent80

Reaction score
Aros":37pg8kzc said:
One of the original .NET members I will always cherish. I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to still see you from time-to-time at Temple before a game, John. Life is a never-ending series of chapters filled with both heartache and loss as well as joy and love.

To your father, to Les, to all we have loved and lost, we say "Until we meet again."

Yes Todd, thanks for bringing this back.

We all we got, We all we need, indeed.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Very sad news. My condolences to you and to all that loved him.

I know my pops will be seeing his last game soon, as well.

Go Hawks and thank you Pete.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hate to see you leave. Your numerical history of the team this last season was maybe the best thing I've ever read here. It brought back so many great memories. My condolences again for your father and now for what you're feeling regarding the loss of Les.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'll never forget this day when You, Dom and I all hooked up at the J & M well before a game. Can't even remember what year it was,,,,,,

DSC00165