Multiple Players Waived (Including Nowak)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":sipo34sc said:
What's kind of funny is that for as bad as Nowak was, he actually seemed to be turning things around ever so slightly right before he got shit-canned. Tom Cable works in mysterious ways.

I'm fine with this. I don't think Nowak is a player you have to commit a roster spot to, he'll be around for a while if needed. I think there was only so much room on Seattle's roster for Centers without great tools and Hunt basically jumped to the top of that list when he was drafted. Somebody had to be bumped off the center group eventually. It wasn't going to be Sokoli or Lewis.

Hopefully somebody will get an interview with Cable soon, and ask him a pointed question about Nowak. Cable keeps things simple, but expects progress. Moffet's problem was lack of motivation and focus. There must have been something glaringly wrong with Nowak as well, though I doubt it was motivation. Maybe he's hard-headed or had some sort of mental block, because he seemed to have he requisite strength and athleticism.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Basis4day":3ujjb1im said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/727964556153085954[/tweet]
Am I supposed to know or even care about who these guys are? We need to get nasty again. Seriously when the Rams kick your ass you better change things quickly. And when we traded Unger the OL went straight to hell. So I figure we might want to get some fool that has a clue about said position and let Wilson off the training wheels finally.

What the hell do I know though? Given I'm not some guy that played OL in high school. Though I have many guy friends that did and more.

peppersjap

Reaction score
At least Nowak can fall back on being a Green Bay Packer shareholder!

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Who even thought Nowak had the slightest chance to make the roster? Even though I expected this cut to come later, it would still happen eventually.

Marshall, Shirley, Shields and Slavin were bottom of the barrel guys who were just waiting to be cut. No rel surprises here.

kearly

Reaction score
I was hoping Shirley could make it as a SAM LB, but it always felt like a long shot.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Any of those players could find their way back and get cut again 5 times before this season is over, be that practice squad or whatever. It kind of happens that way quite a bit for this specific front office.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Now hopefully someone can send Justin Britt packing.

Passing on Joel Bitonio and Allen Robinson/Jarvis Landry for Paul Richardson and Justin Britt sure isn't looking too hot right now. :(

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2drwn7wd said:
MizzouHawkGal":2drwn7wd said:
Basis4day":2drwn7wd said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/727964556153085954[/tweet]
Am I supposed to know or even care about who these guys are? We need to get nasty again. Seriously when the Rams kick your ass you better change things quickly. And when we traded Unger the OL went straight to hell. So I figure we might want to get some fool that has a clue about said position and let Wilson off the training wheels finally.

What the hell do I know though? Given I'm not some guy that played OL in high school. Though I have many guy friends that did and more.

What?

[youtube]Ag1o3koTLWM[/youtube]

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
sutz":178ts57b said:
Nowak kind of surprises me, I thought they'd want to continue working with him. But hey, it's only early May, we might see him again as a fringe camp body or PS player.
Surprises me too.

I expected him to lose his spot later on after competition. The Hawks supposedly loved something about him last year so I'm interested to find out.

Maybe they changed how they evaluate players (i hope so) or maybe they feel that Hunt's floor is higher than Nowak's so they might as well start from there and work on reaching his ceiling.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":39q54kth said:
Yeah Seahawks are not afraid to admit when they've made a mistake. See Percy Harvin who they cut after the draft capital and salary space they gave up for him.
And though it still sickens me...probably just got done paying the bill and total price .

What a whanker literally such a soft bastard where it counts (Life).

As for the OL I halfway want some whacky moves just to shock the 1 percenter's that dominate this site. At least it'd start to get real up in here

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2t49kbp7 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2t49kbp7 said:
Yeah Seahawks are not afraid to admit when they've made a mistake. See Percy Harvin who they cut after the draft capital and salary space they gave up for him.
And though it still sickens me...probably just got done paying the bill and total price .

As for the OL I halfway want some whacky moves just to shock the 1 percenter's that dominate this site. At least it'd start to get real up in here
That's already happened. They drafted two o-lineman that are experienced, solid players but less SPARQ/TEF guys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3lww80o5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3lww80o5 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":3lww80o5 said:

That's already happened. They drafted two o-lineman that are experienced, solid players but less SPARQ/TEF guys.
I did see that but it doesn't seem to quell the 1% types that think they know all about the OL and coaching. Hell just ask them, they are totally willing to spew their wisdom anytime and everywhere.

It's almost as stupid as the Wilson Haters Club. But baby steps I say.

McGruff

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":8kryfuah said:
hawksfansinceday1":8kryfuah said:
MizzouHawkGal":8kryfuah said:
Glasgow Seahawk":8kryfuah said:

I did see that but it doesn't seem to quell the 1% types that think they know all about the OL and coaching. Hell just ask them, they are totally willing to spew their wisdom anytime and everywhere.

It's almost as stupid as the Wilson Haters Club. But baby steps I say.

Yeah, smart people! Stop being so smart! How dare you share your informed opinions with us unwashed masses. You makes our feelers dumb felt.

hawk45

Reaction score
The Nowak thing still chaps me. Not at the player, or at taking a shot on a player, but at doing it while replacing 2 FAs at C and G and also breaking in a brand new RT conversion project.

At every other position (seemingly) Pete's fearlessness in going with young/new players is an absolute asset. I just do not think this approach works at all on the OL when you try it with more than 1 player at a time.

Last year, needing to replace two FA departures, go with the solid but unspectacular Lewis in the middle while breaking in your new guard and RT. I get that trial by fire is the only way OL really progress, but to do it everywhere at once at the position group where continuity is paramount is just poor, poor decision-making IMO.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":7kdxe314 said:

Passing on Joel Bitonio and Allen Robinson/Jarvis Landry for Paul Richardson and Justin Britt sure isn't looking too hot right now. :(

That's one of the reasons why I hold the 2014 draft in lower esteem than 2013. Richardson is the only hope I have left for that draft, and he has to stay healthy first.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":2pxmirtb said:
Hasselbeck":2pxmirtb said:

That's one of the reasons why I hold the 2014 draft in lower esteem than 2013. Richardson is the only hope I have left for that draft, and he has to stay healthy first.

Same here. I think that's the one draft JS really did not do well in. Especially considering how many amazing WR's came out of that class and we wound up with a guy that didn't last a year and a guy that can't stay on the field.

Conversely 2013 was just bad across the board for the whole league. He whiffed on Michael in the 2nd and clearly the Harvin trade didn't pan out.. but 2014 had a lot more talent and the best player from that class right now is either Justin Britt (puke) or Cassius Marsh (dry heave)

Jville

Reaction score
I'm not worried.

With the rise in cap space pressure, they have worked thru previous drafts successfully. This year, we could very well see more than 5 draft picks and one rookie free agent make the roster.

Fresh horses and cap relief.