Moving to AFC West?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think it was Clayton who said that the Hawks won't be moved and that if the Chargers/Raiders then the Rams to AFC with built in rivalry with Cheifs. And Raiders get to play 49ers twice a year.

I like a Sea, Sf, LA, Phoenix division. Less travel

AFC West
LA, Denver, KC, STL

McGruff

Reaction score
Seafan":2wgvnj5w said:
No need for any moves. There is nothing wrong with two teams from the same city in the same division.

The problem is money. Specifically TV revenue. AFC and NFC are broadcast on two different networks, and both will want a slice of the LA pie.

Hawks46

Reaction score
lobohawk":t54e85qu said:
Kraft won't allow the Hawks to move. New England doesn't want a roadblock in their Conference.

I'd be willing to be teams like the Stealers and Patriots aren't so much afraid of our team as the travel. They'd be forced to travel here more often, and we'd get HFA a lot in the playoffs because the AFCW is a lot weaker than the NFCW and none of those teams are built to compete with us.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Seafan":319af6md said:
No need for any moves. There is nothing wrong with two teams from the same city in the same division.

The TV networks had a nice laugh at that, as did the schedule makers.

devo2478

Reaction score
The Hawks wont move as you can be pretty sure that both the Raiders and Chargers will not end up in LA. The Raiders ownership group is too nutso and to be in LA the NFL will want a good businessman like Kroenke.

The biggest reason for not having teams in the same division share a stadium is because even though they would have a "road game" they would not have to travel. The Jets and Giants play every three years so its not an issue, but this would be two games a year where the road team doesnt travel. Not fair to the rest of the division.

In the end, you will probably see the Rams move next season which will not disrupt any scheduling, realignment or any big issues. The Chargers could move this year as well, as Spanos has pretty much eroded any shred of fan base they had left. The Raiders will draw fans regardless of where they play so not as big an issue. Also with the 49ers moving out of "the bay" the league wants to keep Oakland in Oakland.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I don't care which conference we play in. Rivalries are always going to be transitory for us. We were in the AFC for 25 years and the switch wasn't any big deal at all... except my hatred for the Raiders has waned a bit over the years I need to get that back!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seafan":2minbaoy said:
TheRealDTM":2minbaoy said:
Seafan":2minbaoy said:
Other sports don't have a problem with two teams in the same division from same city.

It doesn't matter they are from the same division. They don't have the same fans.

If they are sharing the sme stadium they obviously won't be playing the same time. It makes no difference what division they are from.

except if they are in the same division they would play at the same time in the same stadium twice a year.

That's a problem? How? Haven't seen one example of a scheduling problem. Giants and Jets have done it for years. They each get 8 home games. Where is the conflict? I know, there isn't any. If there is no conflict for 2 NFL teams in the same stadium then there isn't any if they play in the same division either.

The Hawks will not move.

If two teams in the same division shared a stadium, they'd both have 10 home games every year while all other teams had eight. That could be... problematic for the league.

Ultimately I wouldn't want to rejoin the AFC, but if we did, we could be the only team to win a Super Bowl as both AFC and NFC contestants. That could be a neat thing.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
No, the season ticket package would be for 8 games, and there would be 1 extra game at the stadium making 9. But as others have said, TV money will trump all and you'll have a team in each conference.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I'd give just about anything to have the Rams in a different division. I hate how all their players fly around like human spears trying to kill Seahawk players. SEVEN CONCUSSIONS in that last game. One of these days they might actually kill one of our players, especially given the fact that the refs never call any penalties on our opponents. If I sound bitter about this it's because I am!!!

I think the Rams and Chiefs in the AFCW would be awesome...it would be one serious rivalry within a couple of years. Even though the 2 markets are relatively close together, I predict it would help both teams get a lot more fans. And the Rams would only get one game every 3 years to try to kill our guys.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm not worried, once in L.A. and Fisher loses again he will be gone and a new coach will be in place, weather the storm two games or so, I bet they go offense next coach anyway.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I hope PA would never go for that. The best football is and has almost always been in the NFC and it's the NFC we belong in.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Seafan":2c5wiy05 said:
Other sports don't have a problem with two teams in the same division from same city.

It doesn't matter they are from the same division. They don't have the same fans.

If they are sharing the sme stadium they obviously won't be playing the same time. It makes no difference what division they are from.

The problem arises because travel time is reduced for those two teams twice a year. That means thier costs are less and travel times are unfairly distributed to the other teams. The NFL, except where Jerry Jones is concerned, has over the years tried to balance the league the best they could. By putting two teams in the same city from the same conference they violate that premise.

Jerry Jones was allowed to keep the Cowboys in the same division as his old rivalries during the last realignment, which made no sense. Yet the Hawks were made to switch back the NFC, losing, in my opinion, some great rivals in Oakland and Denver.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
NFC West
Seattle
Santa Clara
LA Chargers (if a realignment is necessary, might as well swap the Chargers/Rams)
Arizona

AFC West
Oakland Raiders (come on, the Bay Area needs an NFL team, Santa Clara does not count)
Denver
KC
LA Rams

dopeboy206

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":28g360r1 said:
NFC West
Seattle
Santa Clara
LA Chargers (if a realignment is necessary, might as well swap the Chargers/Rams)
Arizona

AFC West
Oakland Raiders (come on, the Bay Area needs an NFL team, Santa Clara does not count)
Denver
KC
LA Rams
Why would you even swap the Chargers with the Rams? It makes no sense

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We ain't moving for the third time.We are where we belong,it's on someone else to move now

babyblues

Reaction score
I personally would like to see the current Rams relocate to LA with the Raiders. Spanos can take the Bolts to St. Louis, who appear to have the best stadium plan in place. This would require no conference realignment with the new LA teams split between the AFC and NFC.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2tf6ui4v said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2tf6ui4v said:
NFC West
Seattle
Santa Clara
Arizona

AFC West
Denver
KC
LA Rams
Why would you even swap the Chargers with the Rams? It makes no sense
I explained it. I said if you are going have a realignment, it obvious wouldn't be called "realignment" if nothing changes. And I don't want to see the Rams anymore.

babyblues

Reaction score
With the recent information regarding the Rams and Chargers sharing the venue in LA it would appear that there would be little need for realignment.