Moving to AFC West?

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I haven't seen this post anywhere yet. I've been seeing reports linked on Facebook suggesting the Seahawks may move the AFC West if the Raiders/Chargers relocation is approved. I understand they don't want 2 teams from LA in the same conference, but why the Seahawks? I understand we have history in the AFC West, but we have built an awesome history in the NFC West at this point. Secondly, doesn't it make more sense to move the Rams to the AFC West if the Raiders/Chargers scenario were approved? That way, you're keeping far-western teams in one division, and midwest teams in one division (along with one LA team). Seems like an easier scenario for team travel expenses for both divisions.

Here is one of the sources: http://www.king5.com/story/sports/nfl/s ... /78298998/

seehawkswin

Reaction score
The best scenario is to reject the raiders/chargers proposal and accept the Rams proposal. No teams switch conferences, and the entire NFC west is in the west. Nice and smooth. The only problem is if the NFL projects higher profits with two teams in one stadium in that market. But then again, don't all the teams vote? If so, I'd think the LA Rams is the least disruptive move possible. I don't think the St. Louis fans would even notice.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Its so we can win a superbowl there as well. They're only looking out for us :D

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere the NFL isn't going to let the Seahawks switch for the 3rd time.

Polaris

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1yyxleeu said:
I thought I read somewhere the NFL isn't going to let the Seahawks switch for the 3rd time.

I heard that too. The rumor I heard (and it's only a rumor) is that if San Diego and the Raiders get LA, one of them will be shifted to the NFC, and either the Rams or the Cardinals would be shifted to the NFC [the rumor I heard was the Cards being shifted to the AFC West but that's only a rumor]

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I just want the damn rams out of St. Louis. If we have to deal with those shit heads twice a year let it be on the west coast at 1pm

CPHawk

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense to not allow the Rams to be one of he two teams to move to la. The owner already has the land and money to finance a stadium, plus the fact they still have lots of fans in so cal. The NFL should just force Santa Clara to let the raiders play there, and move the Rams and Chargers to LA.

irocdave

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the Hawks moving back to the AFC, especially if it's next year. This would complete my Hawk bucket list. Crush the AFC west, possibly go undefeated and win a SB under the AFC umbrella. How many teams have won a SB in each conference, let alone go 4 consecutive? Next year would be the best opportunity.

ringless

Reaction score
The Cardinals will not be moving to the AFC either. They are the original and oldest team in the NFL. And a charter member of the NFC. Not happening.

Fade

Reaction score
NFC WEST
Seattle
Santa Clara
LA Chargers
Arizona

AFC WEST
LA Raiders
Denver
Kansas City
STL Rams

If all 3 teams move to LA which I don't think will happen, but.

NFC WEST
Seattle
Santa Clara
California Rams
LA Chargers

AFC WEST
LA Raiders
Denver
Kansas City
Arizona

Because... screw the Seahawks Scenario

AFC WEST
Seattle
Denver
Kansas City
LA Raiders

NFC West
Santa Clara
LA Chargers
Arizona
STL/LA Rams

I'm rooting for no realignment, with the Rams back in LA. (or, trade out the Rams for the Chargers if absolutely necessary.)

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
ringless":128mimhk said:
The Cardinals will not be moving to the AFC either. They are the original and oldest team in the NFL. And a charter member of the NFC. Not happening.

{stamps feet, hands on hips, pouts lip}

McGruff

Reaction score
seehawkswin":10t714xh said:
The best scenario is to reject the raiders/chargers proposal and accept the Rams proposal. No teams switch conferences, and the entire NFC west is in the west. Nice and smooth. The only problem is if the NFL projects higher profits with two teams in one stadium in that market. But then again, don't all the teams vote? If so, I'd think the LA Rams is the least disruptive move possible. I don't think the St. Louis fans would even notice.

Rams fans will notice when the big screen tells them to.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I've heard the "the Seahawks won't move" bit too, though admittedly I'll believe it when I see it. I would like for the Rams to move to LA too. I think I've heard they wouldn't be the one to change conferences if it is the Raiders and Chargers who move. Sadly, kind of makes sense. I don't think the NFL wants Kansas City and St. Louis in the same conference. Too close of media markets.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I'm with you guys on wanting the Rams and Raiders to move, and for nothing to change. Although if I had my way, only one of them would move. It's ridiculous that a market (albeit one as big and lucrative as LA) immediately needs 2 teams while it's had none for 2 decades. And that 2 fan bases need to have their hearts ripped out just because NFL owners are greedy and see dollar signs. 1 team should be plenty for the immediate future. It really bothers me that the owners feel there needs to be 2. How bout we ease them back into things. It's been a long time since the market has had a team, let alone teams. Whoever is the lesser team is going to suffer from a real case of Lakers/Clippers. That's not a way to build your foundation in a new town. More and more I really hate the Goodell era NFL.

And for those hoping for a Raiders/Rams scenario, I wouldn't hold your breath. The Raiders and Chargers are working on a stadium together, where as the Rams owner is working on his own. And from everything I've ever read on the subject, the NFL and other owners are MUCH more keen on the Raiders/Chargers plan. The Rams don't have near the support from the league. If what people in the know are saying is true, they simply don't have the votes. It's almost looking certain that it's going to be Raiders/Chargers.

Polaris

Reaction score
ringless":1osac4sj said:

That didn't stop the NFL from moving the Colts to the AFC and they also have a long history in the NFL. I am not in favor of the Cards moving but that IS the rumor I heard, i.e. the Cards would move to the AFC West if the Chargers and Raiders moved to LA. As for which one of them went to the NFC, my bet would be on the Chargers, but that's only my personal guess.

Edit Addendum: The reason why Seattle wouldn't be moved according to what I've heard is that the owners in the NFL feel they've moved Seattle too often already and Seattle has lately become a team with a national following. They are hoping for a Niners resurgence. [The NFL loved the SEA vs SF rivalry while it lasted]

chris98251

Reaction score
We have moved twice, we have to agree to do it now, and to agree when were a Super Bowl contender would mean a series of Super Bowls played in Seattle and some other incentives, maybe no 10 am games for 20 years :)