Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Sidney Rice

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters

Sac

Reaction score
In a team with very few holes it's bound to happen that one or more players would end up underrated. For me, the top underrated players in no particular order are Brandon Browner, Brandon Mebane, Chris Clemmons, Paul McQuistan and Sidney Rice.

Hardly ever hear a peep about these guys unless people are calling out old injury issues, old penalty issues or discussing their potential obsolescence or eventual replacement.

Mebane quietly goes about his business and is also quietly very disruptive. Browner is an absolute beast that fits the mentality of this team on defense just as much as Lynch does on offense. Clem is perpetually underrated and under-appreciated. Rice is a badass who suffered from one year of T-Jack and a half seasons worth of rookie learning curve and had a full healthy season in years but he makes some absolutely amazing catches. McQ never gets any love at all for whatever reason.

So who is the most underrated?

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Doh! I knew I was forgetting someone. KJ Should definitely be on there. But I still needed a poll option for "other".

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Giacomini, hated by many but 10x's better than Locklear, he's a top 10 RT who get's talked about like a backup.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Marshawn. IMO we are quite mediocre without him. As touted as he is, I think he's even better. One of the very best players in the NFL, and he kind of gets taken for granted.

Axx

Reaction score
KJ is so underrated he didn't even make the list

Of that list Mebane for sure, i've even read other people on this site posting that he's not that good lol.

Reaction score
Clemons easily... never even seen his jersey anywhere before and had 10 plus sack seasons the last 3 seasons.

kearly

Reaction score
Clemons. Not even Mebane would have his absence felt the way Clemons' was last postseason. Though I think Justin Smith is a better player, I think it's a fair comparison to say that Clemons has the same kind of impact for our defense. Our entire pass rush is hinged upon his health and performance. It might still be even after the additions this offseason.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Must agree with Wen Hawk

Giacomini is the most disrespected RT in the NFL.

I LOVE that!!!!

I love a guy with a "chip on his shoulder". And this guy's the baddest dude on the O-line.

Hands-down.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Earl Thomas...you hear a lot about Sherman and Chancellor but ET makes everything click. Without his speed, I doubt we'd be able to have a Browned back there