Most entertaining Superbowl matchup for Seahawks...

jake206

Reaction score
I know it's only week 3, but still. My Superbowl matchup would be Broncos vs. Seahawks. It'd be a real tough matchup if Manning has all his weapons. I'm not sure we could cover all his outlets fast enough. But that's defintely a game I would pay to see.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Come on, lets be real? Browns? ... Dark horse matchup, might be Texans. We'll be seeing them in a couple weeks too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jake206":qat9shn1 said:
I know it's only week 3, but still. My Superbowl matchup would be Broncos vs. Seahawks. It'd be a real tough matchup if Manning has all his weapons. I'm not sure we could cover all his outlets fast enough. But that's defintely a game I would pay to see.
Hawks win that matchup! The secondary is THAT good, and Welker will have flashbacks to the LOB when he played here last year. Would love to humiliate the Stealers but they'll be nowhere close to the playoffs!

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
lol...Browns, Steelers. Both those teams are 0-2. Both are facing an uphill climb. Might as well just say the Chiefs, at least their 2-0?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I don't have a "dream opponent".

I predicted since the end of last season that this Super Bowl would feature

Seattle vs Texans or Bengals

Haven't wavered and still not certain, but leaning Texans.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I predicted Houston but would rather play Denver so we could kick the crap out of Elways teams for all the times he beat the hawks.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2x86kz4u said:
jake206":2x86kz4u said:
Come on, lets be real? Browns? ...

You say "Dream Superbowl matchup".

Dreams =/= Reality

I have a dream...

Good point!...How about the best realistic entertaining game matchup then?

Kakaww

Reaction score
I would want to play an AFC team that has limped, lucked and stumbled in to the superbowl. That would be my dream matchup.

kearly

Reaction score
I hope we play anyone BUT the Broncos if we are lucky enough to make it that far. That said, who isn't dreaming of a showdown between a pair of 18-0s? It's crazy, but I think Seattle and Denver are 18-0 candidates. Not likely, but certainly candidates.

I lived in Colorado for seven years, I was there when SBXL happened and when I first joined this site (over at scout at the time). I have a ton of die hard Broncos fan friends. In 2005, we very nearly had a Broncos-Seahawks SB that year (Seattle and Denver hosted the AFC/NFC championship games). Going back about 10 years or so, I've always wanted a Seahawks-Denver SB just because of how cool yet weird it would be. I think this year, the dream finally happens. Maybe my stupid "23-0" dream happens too, but the Broncos one is far more likely.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My preseason pick remains: Seahawks/Broncos Super Bowl.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
What if Denver was the scoringest team of all time and Seattle was the stingiest defense of all time.

Or something similar.

Freaky......

(I don't think Denver gets there, though, for whatever reason)

tooshort

Reaction score
Not only would the matchup with the Broncos Feature the two best teams in the NFL(on early season paper)

but it could feature some nice story lines..

- Longtime AFCwest Rivals turned Superbowl combatants
- Hawks Spurned by Manning, Rebound with Russell
- The best offense and best defense in the NFL
- Broncos Wrs vs the Legion of BOOM
- Can Peyton "the professor" be bested by (quite possibly) the only QB in the league that spends more time in the film room?

There are many, many more great headlines for this matchup,but at the end of the day,win or lose..

We play the Broncos next year at the Clink, and while I would hope it's the orange team gunning for revenge, either way it would be one hell of a rematch.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I think Peyton's head will snap off from his neck sometime mid - season, and they won't actually make the super bowl.

Too bad the Jets are terrible, because I'd love for the Seahawks to win the championship against a team in their home stadium.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't give a kind of a f*ck who we play as long as we're there. Broncos, Texans, Ravens, Bengals, whatever.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Broncos seem like the sexy pick thus far.

My dark horse candidate though would be the Miami Dolphins or Colts that way Kaepernick or Harbaugh would be sure to watch and learn how how to win.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I want Indy. The Richardson trade makes that a real possibility. That would be fun, especially if Indy knocks off Peyton in the AFC title game.

Latest posts