Mock, more mocks.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I like how I say I don’t like Penix and he’s not a 1st round pick and the consensus is because I went to WSU. However, I put odunze and fautanu in the top 16 picks and nothing. You lose all credibility at that point since that’s your only argument

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I saw all of Penix's games at UW. He's definitely a high quality talent in the draft. While I wish DeBoer did a better job of preparing the Huskies for the Michigan game, I did see how well Penix played versus Texas and how well he did at his Pro Day.

I don't blame Penix specifically for the Michigan game. I blame the coaching staff, specifically the one that bailed a few days later for Alabama.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like how I say I don’t like Penix and he’s not a 1st round pick and the consensus is because I went to WSU. However, I put odunze and fautanu in the top 16 picks and nothing. You lose all credibility at that point since that’s your only argument
You lose all credibility when you say Penix is a 2nd round pick.
If he was a POOG Quarterback, you'd be drooling over him.

GO DAWGS

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I saw all of Penix's games at UW. He's definitely a high quality talent in the draft. While I wish DeBoer did a better job of preparing the Huskies for the Michigan game, I did see how well Penix played versus Texas and how well he did at his Pro Day.

I don't blame Penix specifically for the Michigan game. I blame the coaching staff, specifically the one that bailed a few days later for Alabama.

Penix missed some pretty big throws in that game. He didn't play well enough in that game.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
These next 21 days are gonna move about as fast as Edgar Martinez around the bases............
I am slowly but surely preparing a nice cheese plate, a couple of bottles of good wine, and maybe a Negroni or two for the occasion. I like to see how Schneider handles his first Pete Free draft.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well DeBoer was in negotiations with Bama and you know he had split time with his focus, the Michigan game without that distraction would have been different I am sure as far as preparation. Secondly Michigan played pretty damn good, give them some credit, Dawgs RB's injured as well so Harbaugh took advantage of that. Sometimes you get beat, look at us and the Broncos in the Super Bowl, is Peyton Manning a shit QB that was fooling everyone all those years till he matched up with us?

CPHawk

Reaction score
I see people keep wanting to trade down, then draft an OL. 2 things. One JS has a proven track record of being a terrible evaluator of OL, and wasting 1-3 round picks on busts, or mediocre players.

2 If a second rounder is so important, or possibly even a late 1, how about trading Woolen?

nwHawk

Reaction score
I see people keep wanting to trade down, then draft an OL. 2 things. One JS has a proven track record of being a terrible evaluator of OL, and wasting 1-3 round picks on busts, or mediocre players.
Agreed, but with new fresh eyes coaching this team the input will point a different direction than what we saw in the past. Grubb and his oline coach should help identify a “different type” of player.