MNF colts vs eagles.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Thank you sir. :)

I don't think a lot of people on here are Luck haters either. I'm actually a fan and want him to do well. Seems like a great guy and I love the way he approaches the game. I just grow tired of the narrative that is shoved down our throats when its painfully obvious that Wilson and others are just better at this point in their careers. Give credit where credit is due. I understand doing it in year one but this is year 3 and they haven't changed their approach.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3ngxj5gb said:
Andrew Luck Hate In This Thread = Seahawks Fans + Insecurity
I may be a Seahawk homer in denial but BSPN is so obviously trying to make this guy elite with ordinary stats.
It's Wednesday and this story on Indy/Luck is still rolling.

BSPN stats for week 2 (No TYPO folks):
RW 2 TD,0 INT, higher ypa than both Luck&Foles. 3 good drives. Total QBR 29.1
Foles and Luck both had 1+ int. Luck ' s tds were short passes to rb off PA. Both Total QBR over 60.
Josh McCown 0 TD, 1 Int. Low ypa passing and a loss. Total QBR 91 (better than Rivers?)

So why all the ESPN hate? 29.1 QBR is yet another reason..
Why the Luck hate? Because BSPN doesn't shy from their stumping for Luck and Johnny Foosball while ignoring the real issues like how their QBR rating that continue to discredit RW.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":6ltem7yq said:
bmorepunk":6ltem7yq said:
If you feel this way............

how do you balance that with this?
austinslater25":6ltem7yq said:
They had a few ex players on Mike and Mike this morning and every single one of them disagreed with Dilfer including two WR's I believe. That's what happens when your narrative is so biased towards one player that you force yourself to defend that position.

Because Austin makes a helluva point here. Did any of you that are saying this a Seahawks fan insecurity ever stop to think that maybe people see the Eastcoastbiased Sports Programing Network's agenda and just don't care for it?

An argument can be made by Philly fans that Foles is better than Neckbeard too and I'll bet there's plenty of people on their message boards saying much the same thing Hawk fans are saying.

Look, I think Neckbeard is going to be very good and already is good. But the fact is Russ is better and so is Foles, at this point anyway. This is the kind of shit that's made me stop watching ESPN shows like NFL Live almost entirely.

This is still missing the point.

The volume and intensity that is given to downgrading Luck at every possible opportunity on this forum is an expression of the insecurity of many that post here. I'm not talking about a thread here or there that is of interesting conversation; that sort of thing seems rational. The need to prove at every turn how Wilson is better than Luck and how Luck gets too much credit from "the media" is the exact expression of the insecurity I'm talking about.

So many people have gotten to the point with sports media that it sounds like they're politically motivated individuals complaining about an ideologically opposed cable "news" network. If the person on the TV is saying something they don't like, it's nothing but hate and discontent. And we're talking about sports here, not international policy.

Russ Willstrong":6ltem7yq said:
bmorepunk":6ltem7yq said:
I may be a Seahawk homer in denial but BSPN is so obviously trying to make this guy elite with ordinary stats.

Foles and Luck both had 1+ int. Luck ' s tds were short passes to rb off PA. Both Total QBR over 60.
Josh McCown 0 TD, 1 Int. Low ypa passing and a loss. Total QBR 91 (better than Rivers?)

Why the Luck hate? Because BSPN doesn't shy from their stumping for Luck and Johnny Foosball while ignoring the real issues like how their QBR rating that continue to discredit RW.

What matters is that this team has a QB who is awesome and works well for them. So well, in fact, that he was critical in winning a Super Bowl last year. But you're worried about what ESPN is saying about it, instead of appreciating what you have.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3oa3q9hx said:
hawk45":3oa3q9hx said:
Not much sympathy for the colts finally being on the other end of a 2nd half reffing
LMAO!!! Yes! I was dying, laughing my ass off. Near the end of the 3rd quarter I'm annoyed that the Colts are going to win, so I go for a bike ride and decide to listen to the game via radio on my iphone while riding, so I heard this all unfold from the Indy radio announcers.

THANK YOU, PHILLY! Now lose a few. :lol:

Ah, this finish made my night.

FIFY...he he he ...You were not in chat when I showed up. Snort.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2gg16076 said:
FIFY...he he he ...You were not in chat when I showed up. Snort.
I sincerely hope you get hit by a bus. I was in chat, just not responding, obviously. JERK.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Beg pardon....I thought you were still on your ride. I am out of SD so bus connotations are a bit more difficult now.
Have a great weekend.

sc85sis

Reaction score
bmorepunk":21nohl6z said:
hawksfansinceday1":21nohl6z said:
If you feel this way............

how do you balance that with this?
austinslater25":21nohl6z said:
They had a few ex players on Mike and Mike this morning and every single one of them disagreed with Dilfer including two WR's I believe. That's what happens when your narrative is so biased towards one player that you force yourself to defend that position.

Because Austin makes a helluva point here. Did any of you that are saying this a Seahawks fan insecurity ever stop to think that maybe people see the Eastcoastbiased Sports Programing Network's agenda and just don't care for it?

An argument can be made by Philly fans that Foles is better than Neckbeard too and I'll bet there's plenty of people on their message boards saying much the same thing Hawk fans are saying.

Look, I think Neckbeard is going to be very good and already is good. But the fact is Russ is better and so is Foles, at this point anyway. This is the kind of shit that's made me stop watching ESPN shows like NFL Live almost entirely.

This is still missing the point.

The volume and intensity that is given to downgrading Luck at every possible opportunity on this forum is an expression of the insecurity of many that post here. I'm not talking about a thread here or there that is of interesting conversation; that sort of thing seems rational. The need to prove at every turn how Wilson is better than Luck and how Luck gets too much credit from "the media" is the exact expression of the insecurity I'm talking about.

So many people have gotten to the point with sports media that it sounds like they're politically motivated individuals complaining about an ideologically opposed cable "news" network. If the person on the TV is saying something they don't like, it's nothing but hate and discontent. And we're talking about sports here, not international policy.

Russ Willstrong":21nohl6z said:

What matters is that this team has a QB who is awesome and works well for them. So well, in fact, that he was critical in winning a Super Bowl last year. But you're worried about what ESPN is saying about it, instead of appreciating what you have.
I can't speak for others, but I simply hate the bias and hypocrisy exhibited by ESPiN. The fawning over Luck is an obvious example. Another is the constant hyping of the SEC, which clearly seems driven as much by the rather large financial agreement between ESPiN and the SEC as it is by any reality of that conference's supposed superiority.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If you're having negative emotions regarding bias and hypocrisy of a sports channel, you need to take a step back. It's a sports channel.

hawk45

Reaction score
Ah the dispassionate beacon of rational thought here to lead us home.
I like making snarky comments about luck to balance out the knob slobbering on the broadcasts and I think most fans are that way. At work is when we divorce ourselves from that sort of thing, not on fan boards. I think the one sitting in clinical judgment of expressed insecurity might rethink just who is taking what a bit too seriously. Nobody paid money to lie down on anyone else's couch here and be diagnosed.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Oh, I see. It's a hipster kind of hate. You hate Andrew Luck ironically.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":oi4v3eoa said:
If you're having negative emotions regarding bias and hypocrisy of a sports channel, you need to take a step back. It's a sports channel.

Something i think people would benefit from is turning off ESPN.

ESPN became a tabloid-like outlet long before Luck and Wilson joined the NFL. If you're upset with their level of journalistic integrity or objectivity, then you're getting exactly what you deserve by watching them.

if you're just desperate for talk about the Seahawks, Wilson, or the NFL in general, there are plenty of outlets online where you can find rational, stats-based discussions of those topics without the agendas and entertainment masquerading as lazy journalism you'll find on ESPN (and elsewhere).

Whining about them on a messageboard does nothing. Changing your viewing and online habits accomplishes more.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":28pt3prm said:
Something i think people would benefit from is turning off ESPN.

But, but, but, how will we know if they are dissin' us.

hawk45

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1zw25g68 said:

Oh goodness, don't tell me the way I root for or against players in sports doesn't meet with your approval. I just don't think I could bear it.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawk45":w59gpckj said:
bmorepunk":w59gpckj said:

Oh goodness, don't tell me the way I root for or against players in sports doesn't meet with your approval. I just don't think I could bear it.

I didn't tell you anything along those lines. Not everything is about you.

If you can't handle my posts you should put me on ignore.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
bmorepunk":31d8y2i3 said:
hawk45":31d8y2i3 said:
bmorepunk":31d8y2i3 said:

I didn't tell you anything along those lines. Not everything is about you.

If you can't handle my posts you should put me on ignore.

Why are you lumping everyone together? For me this isn't about Luck vs Wilson it is about the stark contrast between what I see and what I hear.

If you watched the game without sound you would have a completely different opinion of how that game went and how Luck played vs listening without seeing.

I don't personally have anything against Luck but I admit I would love to see him miss a few games just to see how his backup would do in his absence. Not wishing injury on him I hate people that do that but if he were to be injured I would definitely tune in to see how his no talent team would do without him. I don't think Matt would do better but I would be surprised if he didn't keep that team in the winning column close to as much as Andrew.

It is simply beyond sickening how hard the NFL is trying to force feed his greatness down our throats. Remember his GM got GM of the year for putting talent around him, now suddenly his GM is apparently the worst in football?

Fact is without the media pushing Luck down our throats we would simply consider him a good QB. Not great or elite but good. On the other hand if you only went by media hype you would believe Luck has already won league MVP multiple times and has multiple super bowl MVP trophy's to keep his rings company.

I don't like sales people coming to my door either.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'm not lumping everyone together. There's a spectrum between saying "Luck's not that good" and needing to take every opportunity to tear him down. The fans who post here go all over the spectrum.

If you're bothered by what sports media is saying then I recommend following Volsung's advice about turning it off. It's not going to change.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
bmorepunk":34fv2tvc said:
I'm not lumping everyone together. There's a spectrum between saying "Luck's not that good" and needing to take every opportunity to tear him down. The fans who post here go all over the spectrum.

If you're bothered by what sports media is saying then I recommend following Volsung's advice about turning it off. It's not going to change.

So bury my head in the sand? Ignore all sporting conversations for fear I might hear the media talk about Luck?

Tell me why are you reading this thread? Do you feel the need to play father here?

Maybe you should exit the thread and avoid these conversations. That is much easier than what you are suggesting I do.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
neil-degrasse-tyson-reaction-o.gif