Milwaukee Sports Radio

Laloosh

Reaction score
Okay, every week I like to listen to some podcasts from opposing teams' local sports radio to get a feeling about how they perceive the upcoming game (as well as to see how they handle the disappointment in the days that follow).

One of the ESPN Milwaukee shows is a little emotional about people not giving the Packers a chance.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_ski ... &f=3860003

Feel free to share any links to shows that you've listened in on.

personal note: The accents of the callers crack me up a little bit.

kearly

Reaction score
I like this thread idea. I bet there is some good audio from Denver this week.

kearly

Reaction score
LOL, they go to a Seahawks fan in Seattle for his opinion on the game, and it's Jeff Cirillo. JEFF CIRILLO!

And he gave a great interview, actually. Lives in the NW and is a huge Hawks fan.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Another uninformed fan base that thinks our top 10 offense with a historically good rushing attack is "sputtering".

Mick063

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2jme8sue said:
Another uninformed fan base that thinks our top 10 offense with a historically good rushing attack is "sputtering".

Beastquake III will be satisfying. Something that registers hard, pegs the needle, and activates evacuation sirens. Something on the scale of a 1960's Godzilla movie.

Honestly.....there is nothing sputtering about a rushing attack that leads the entire NFL by a significant margin, places Seattle in the top ten in total offense, and screams physicality on a brutal scale. All done against a strength of schedule that is top 5 and boasted one tough opposing defense after another. Buffalo on the road? Not quite as tough as St Louis on the road. Sheesh....Seattle faced a Buffalo level defense with regularity and proceeded to stiff arm their collective asses into a wet Seattle mud puddle.

That weak Green Bay defense is going to learn all about this "sputtering" offense soon enough. You would think they would have learned about it in week one. Obviously their learning curve has flat lined. Even Percy Harvin roasted them, something he couldn't do against anybody else. Their fans seem to think that losing Harvin has somehow made this Seattle team worse. We all know how much addition came from that subtraction. Less Harvin= more Beastmode. Less Harvin = QB that would be the leading rusher for 17 teams.

Seahawks will pile drive that football down their throats as they slowly realize that week one was not an anomaly and after Kam knocks out Lacey, again, that the Packers really didn't change that much after all.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":24vw0wh0 said:
I like this thread idea. I bet there is some good audio from Denver this week.
Denver 's afternoon show was wildly entertaining last January and February. I still have hours of their shows on my media server so I can listen to their pregame happiness followed by the post game crash on road trips.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
dabigpfish":ckjia9d2 said:
I sure hope Kam decides to take Lacy head on.
Why, so lacey can be concussed again?

fan4life

Reaction score
Accurate representation of how most honest GB fans around here (Wisconsin) are approaching this game. Or, as my spouse's colleague said over lunch yesterday, "I just hope we [GB] put up a fight and that it isn't a blowout...."

I dunno... I've always felt that if my team is going to lose, I'd rather get routed in a contest that leaves no doubt about who's better. It's the close ones (especially when there are bad ref calls :evil: ) that tend to stick in your gut....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Holy Christ, I'm only four minutes into this and already it's some of the saltiest radio I've ever heard, hahahaha.

That dude is upset because he knows what's coming.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
They're *really* not used to being underdogs. lol

It's pretty hilarious, but the high-pitched whining could break glass. I don't think I'll make it through the whole thing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2szlhzto said:

Yeah our top 10 offense with the #1 rushing attack and most explosive plays in the entire league.

Shhh, keep it a secret.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Essentially, they are a bit ticked that the other fan base is not in awe of their QB. Number one QB is thrown around like it means everything.

They are even mad that the Seattle players are being respectful of Green Bay. Which is it?

That is just bad radio. And reeks of unspoken insecurity.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2duvminy said:
Essentially, they are a bit ticked that the other fan base is not in awe of their QB. Number one QB is thrown around like it means everything.

They are even mad that the Seattle players are being respectful of Green Bay. Which is it?

That is just bad radio. And reeks of unspoken insecurity.

It's the same thing we went through last year leading up to the SB, another fanbase who falsely thought that their QB was some sort of football god that had the ability to carry an entire team to victory.

Here's the painful reality for the majority of naive fans who think like this, football is a game of pain, violence, strength, speed and breaking of wills...........and my friends, no one matches up to the Hawks when it comes to all these things.

We are bigger, stronger, faster and nastier. That is what football has always been about, and that's what football will always be about.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL...Good stuff...I had to shut it off after 15 minutes though. Whiney, sad radio. :th2thumbs:

byau

Reaction score
Been listening a lot too on the ESPN radio app (540 WAUK Wisconsin). There is a lot of hate for the Seahawks team and even more for the Seahawks fanbase

I have to keep taking breaks because it makes me feel very angstful all the hate for a fanbase

I go and listen to 710 ESPN in Seattle and the focus is pretty much on our own team and our own fanbase.

I go back and listen to 540 WAUK: hard to get five minutes in without hearing hate of Seattle

:(

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":n3iocc30 said:
They're *really* not used to being underdogs. lol

It's pretty hilarious, but the high-pitched whining could break glass. I don't think I'll make it through the whole thing.

Remember when they were home dogs to the Niners last year, and their fans basically gave up on them? Pretty sure they didn't even sell out their home playoff game.