Met Life stadium

Nearpost

Reaction score
If we are good enough to make it to the Superbowl, does anyone think we have an edge over our opponent due to our recent visit to the stadium? I'm Referring to our upcoming game against The Giants.

I realize the Colts were there early in the season, just wondering if the squad can draw some advantage from a recent visit to Met Life.

White Knight

Reaction score
Most certainly. Team can get used to sight lines, how the field plays, prevailing winds, overall setup/design of the stadium's bowels...plus DangeRuss can find his happy ignore the noise "Sheldon Spot" in a much less intensescrutinous environment than in the week before the Superb Owl, with media chasing him around.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
We'll have an edge also because we play outdoors in what will probably be similar weather patterns. But I think it's only a very small edge.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I would have to say no. The broncos played there earlier this yr. the pats play there every yr. colts played there already and there is no way that the chiefs are going to the Super Bowl.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If it's against the Broncos I think it will e to our advantage, It will be much harder for Manning to pass the ball in extremely cold weather and possible snow than for us to run against the broncos. Plus Wilson's experience in Wisconsin playing in cold weather might help.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Actually, we have no idea how Wilson will perform in cold weather since he's never played in one. High school was in Virginia, average weather in November is 60. 3 yrs at nc state. Haven't looked up those games but it couldn't have been that cold. 1 yr at Wisconsin, coldest game was 43 degrees at Ohio state. Coldest game at Wisconsin was 50 degrees. Didn't look at last yr seahawks weather but I don't remember any game that cold.
Manning has playedin many cold games, hasn't played that well in cold weather but that's just not on him, it's on his team.

The cold or snow isn't the problem at the met, it's the swirling winds.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wilson played as a senior in college for University of Wisconsin, he has played in the cold previously and will be used to it b/c he will have practiced both outside and inside at Wisconsin.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Yes, I stated that he played his final yr at Wisconsin. The coldest game he played in was at ohio st. 43 degrees. Coldest home game was 50 degrees. Did he practice in cold weather, probably, maybe a couple of times but thats a hell of a lot different then playing a game. Average low in November is 34 degrees. That's not even cold weather.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I heard that while at Wisconsin, Russell practiced calling plays by himself while inside a butcher's meat freezer.

Who else does that?

ceej22

Reaction score
Depends on who we are playing. NYC much colder than PNW that time of year. If Patriots are in it they will have an advantage over us IMO. If they play the Colts than I give advantage to us as we play outdoor, but then the advantage goes back to Colts because everyone loves Luck.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Somebody mentioned Lynch has never made a snow angel. This troubles me.

Latest posts