Media Bias: Colts vs Seattle

Kakaww

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":i0qcwhlk said:
The Colts lost their coach to cancer for most of the season last year and played inspired because of it. You often see teams rally around an injured player or fallen coach.

Just a thought but maybe the Colts had a little something to do with the comeback. I know it was probably 99% officials and Texans but maybe just 1% was the Colts??

Naw, you are selling the Colts short. I'd give them at least 5% credit :lol:

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
After Reggie wayne payed the refs off, and was on his way off the field, he poisoned Kubiaks water with stickum. Thats why the colts won.

What do you wanna bet this guy is a seahawks.net poster.
Kc5265efe6

drdiags

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":2h39yh3s said:
How about the fumbled kickoff they overturned when there appeared to be no conclusive evidence that anyone was out of bounds while touching the ball? Funny how people see what they want to see.

Also, I seem to remember many people here all excited coming in to Indy after you had just had an improbable comeback against that same Texans squad. I guess it's only worth being excited about if you guys do it. :roll:

It is a Seahawks fan board. What do you expect? Neutral opinions? Just take it as a sign of envy that folks are trying hard to belittle your team's accomplishment. You are not going to get an unbiased view on this. All other 31 teams success detracts from the shiny spotlight folks want for their own. Yeah, the media has been kissing the Seahawks butt for several months now, but all of this is new to most here. You have had flowers laid at your former franchise QB Manning feet for a decade and many are not pleased that you guys went through 1 year of suck to get another potential generational QB.

Just have to go with the Haters are gonna hate and just go count your money. I could see if JSea went to your forum and started complaining about this perceived slant, but he did it here in the comfy confines of his own cave. Let it be, you are not going to talk anyone down from this. At least those who feel there is a slant. Make a poll if you want to know how many feel the way JSea does.

EDIT: My bad. It was Cartire that made the original OP. JSea was speaking about the penalties. So all references to JSea were intended for the OP.

Slick

Reaction score
Forget Andrew Luck! What about having to see their weirdo owner Jim Irsay all the time?

Creepy uncle vibe to the max:

A qQV1ACMAAGD7O

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
The dislike for the Colts here just seems above and beyond that for many other teams. I don't get it. Especially since we play only once every 4 years and have never met in the postseason. This is the first time I can remember playing when both teams would seem to be in legitimate conversation for a Super Bowl appearance. Funny thing is that I really like the Seahawks as a football team. Just don't get the vitriol for the Colts and Luck here.

GoHawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":m7eztfpv said:
I don't care about the media bias, but How about officiating bias?

Colts get 3 drive sustaining penalties and a ridiculous overturn on a Texas completion.

Seahawks get interceptions taken away and phantom pass interference penalties.

Totally agree . . that overturn of the HOU catch made and posession maintained as he slid out of bounds, then ball stripped away - BS

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
drdiags":3vav5bib said:
EDIT: My bad. It was Cartire that made the original OP. JSea was speaking about the penalties. So all references to JSea were intended for the OP.

Oh please. My OP was completely justified. We overcame a 21 point deficit and were belittled for letting it get to that. The Colts overcame a similar deficit and Luck is seen as a hero.

And when we came back against the Texans, they were a bad team apparently. Now in this thread I'm hearing that after 6 straight losses, their actually not that bad? Please.

Either belittle both teams for the same accomplishment, or give both their props. The double standard is getting tired.

Polaris

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":3st3yyic said:
The dislike for the Colts here just seems above and beyond that for many other teams. I don't get it. Especially since we play only once every 4 years and have never met in the postseason. This is the first time I can remember playing when both teams would seem to be in legitimate conversation for a Super Bowl appearance. Funny thing is that I really like the Seahawks as a football team. Just don't get the vitriol for the Colts and Luck here.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll tell you my reasons. I hate the way the Sports Media is crowning the Colts and Luck as the second coming, especially when they seem to have a clear double standard when doing so. Luck is praised for bringing his team back from an 18pt deficit against a team (on paper anyway) that they should annihilate. However, the same people call Seattle overrated for overcoming a larger deficit, and for the most part treat Wilson as an afterthought.

Add to that, that most of us SAW the Colts game and we know the truth. Yes the Colts won, but we know that Seattle outplayed the Colts for most of the game (and certainly did stastically) yet the popular word on the street and the media is taht the Colts "destroyed" Seattle. They did not. (You did destroy San Fran, but not Seattle). You won. No one is denying it.

The third reason is a perceived officiating bias towards the Colts that seems to go hand in hand with crowning Andrew Luck as the next Crown Prince of the NFL. I tend to have a strong distain for "NFL Favorite Son" teams. I suspect that is true for a lot of Seattle fans.

GoHawks

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1ek68rcl said:
Sounds about right.

In terms of watching Indy play, they're the Spurs of the NFL. Boring as hell!

I'd rather watch Sloth MMA.

Like the NBA Spurs . . in a Manu Ginobli sort of way - always flopping and looking for flags to bail them out

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
You guys played a winless team at home.

The Colts played a division rival on the road.

Apples and oranges.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":jdh8jleb said:
Watching sportscenter

Colts rally back from a 21-3 deficit. Andrew Luck is amazing.

Seahawks rally back from 21-0 deficit. Hawks barely escape, got lucky.

Getting really tiring.
Typical east coast media BS!

Laloosh

Reaction score
In the end, while I credit the team with coming back... they shouldn't have fallen behind by 21 so I'm not worried about the media bias.

I'm fine w/ being dubbed a struggling team that will be lucky to win the division (as long as we actually do win the division).

Get our o-line healthy, get into the bye with no worse than a 9-2 record and then kick the living hell out of SF and NO in weeks 11 and 12.

WE control our fate right now and that is all I can ask of a team this banged up.

Polaris

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":r9zn20tq said:

Apples and oranges.

In both cases, the teams had to come back from huge deficits against teams they were supposed to beat easily....and Houston is not known for it's home field advantage.

I will grant the two situations aren't exact, but they are a lot more similiar than you want to admit.

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
Polaris":2j8tlt5b said:
Comeinpeace":2j8tlt5b said:

Apples and oranges.

In both cases, the teams had to come back from huge deficits against teams they were supposed to beat easily....and Houston is not known for it's home field advantage.

I will grant the two situations aren't exact, but they are a lot more similiar than you want to admit.

They are similar in a way. If you guys were down 20 to Arizona or the Rams on the road and the Colts were down 20 to the Jags or Bucs and you both came back people would be questioning the Colts right now.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
All I want to know is, if Andrew Luck is the next coming of Christ for taking a 2-14 team to the playoffs, what does that make Alex Smith?

Laloosh

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2pb52bmv said:
All I want to know is, if Andrew Luck is the next coming of Christ for taking a 2-14 team to the playoffs, what does that make Alex Smith?

The "other" AFC quarterback who isn't Peyton Manning?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Honestly Colts v Hawks is Wilson v Luck

All I have to say is, welcome to being a short guy.

You may be funnier, more charismatic, tougher, faster, better but the tall guy is going to catch the eye first. and Andrew Luck sure is tall.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'll preface my comments by saying Luck is a legit bada** QB.

Luck is getting RIDICULOUS Jordan treatment this year from the refs, it's what gave them their win against us as much as Luck's heroics. Their drives were extended time after time by critical PI calls, our drives were killed time after time (including our would-be-game-winner) by BS no-calls on PIs, or by OPI calls.

And the national media is gargling Luck's jock to a ridiculous extent.

But playing the Texans on the road isn't even in the same zip code as playing the winless, imploding Bucs at Century Link with a ridiculous home field advantage. Making an 0-7 team look like that in your house for 3 quarters pretty much zips your lips shut about national media good or bad.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":1rvanot1 said:

Apples and oranges.
EAST COAST BIAS!

razgriz737

Reaction score
Polaris":3mj2aoap said:
LotsOfLuck":3mj2aoap said:

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll tell you my reasons. I hate the way the Sports Media is crowning the Colts and Luck as the second coming, especially when they seem to have a clear double standard when doing so. Luck is praised for bringing his team back from an 18pt deficit against a team (on paper anyway) that they should annihilate. However, the same people call Seattle overrated for overcoming a larger deficit, and for the most part treat Wilson as an afterthought.

Add to that, that most of us SAW the Colts game and we know the truth. Yes the Colts won, but we know that Seattle outplayed the Colts for most of the game (and certainly did stastically) yet the popular word on the street and the media is taht the Colts "destroyed" Seattle. They did not. (You did destroy San Fran, but not Seattle). You won. No one is denying it.

The third reason is a perceived officiating bias towards the Colts that seems to go hand in hand with crowning Andrew Luck as the next Crown Prince of the NFL. I tend to have a strong distain for "NFL Favorite Son" teams. I suspect that is true for a lot of Seattle fans.
Nailed it on all accounts for me.

Latest posts