McDougald Retained

getnasty

Reaction score
Can we elimate Derwin James if he where there at 18 then?

A-Dog

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1fadelp4 said:
A-Dog":1fadelp4 said:
original poster":1fadelp4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Hawk_Talk_/status/973216373114572801[/tweet]
This doesn't mean either of those things.

Would like to see the details of the contract - how much guaranteed money, what the incentives are, etc.

Glad McDougald is re-signed, brings some stability when Kam and Earl's futures are uncertain at this point.
How do you know what it means yourself?
Earl and Kam might both be done with the Hawks.

I never claimed to know exactly what it means, as opposed to this tweet which somehow narrows it down to two possibilities.

I would say there are numerous possibilities, such as

- They want McDougald for depth, just like they did last time they signed him
- They hope that Kam is healthy and can start, but wanted McDougald as a back-up plan
- They plan on having Earl and Kam but want McDougald to play the big nickel
- They are indeed moving on from Kam and/or Earl and want Hill and/or Thompson to start sometime in the next three years but want a veteran to fill the gap during the transition and/or mentor the younger players

Simply re-signing McDougald does not automatically make him a starter. If the tweeter is implying that the size of the contract guarantees him to be a starter, I somewhat disagree based on the current figures, and quite likely will strongly agree when the full terms are revealed.

Tweet makes some grand proclamations that are a bit over the top IMO

chris98251

Reaction score
Kam is not going to play again, he can't throw the towel in because then he would jeopardize his pay, he has not even been cleared to begin rehab last we read. I get the feeling he is going to be a very expensive coach though.

McDougald was a starter before he came here. We are tendering a lot of players and fishing for draft picks as well, Earl would not have said come get me even in a emotional moment if he didn't have thoughts on wanting to leave.

His uniqueness is what will get us decent value, at least I hope, I don't want a Josh Wilson type trade.

We will see if Coleman comes back, if so he would be the Nickel, not McDougald.

Fade

Reaction score
Kam is done people. The only reason he hasn't retired is it would hurt Seattle's cap. So he will start on PUP, and then be IR'd towards the end of the season. Then retire.

It's a salary cap move.

Now on to McDougald.

McDougald is a good signing from the aspect he can play both Safety spots at a slightly above avg level. So if there are injuries he can fill in at either spot.

I have higher standards than slightly above avg for a starting Safety in Pete's D though. So I am not jumping for joy or anything.

I hope Delano Hill (didn't look good last year.) or an out of no where rookie flashes instead, but good signing none the less, He is a great insurance policy, and stop gap in the mean time.

Latest posts