McDougald Retained

MrThortan

Reaction score
I thought McDougald was one of the guys we needed to keep. I wasn't sure it would get done after Shead was released, but that was a different situation. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":2duvrdnf said:
Unlike some on NET I would like to see them retain Shead as well.

I'm OK with bringing Shead back on a cheap prove it one year incentive type deal.

We obviously need the CB's, and he was playing pretty well before he got hurt. But I'm sure Pete and John told him to go explore what's out there first before accepting any lowball team friendly offer we might have given him.

sutz

Reaction score
If Kam can get healthy, that would be a pretty good "heavy nickel" package, with ET, Kam, and Mac back there.

:2thumbs:

A-Dog

Reaction score
original poster":3nh91y1k said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Hawk_Talk_/status/973216373114572801[/tweet]
This doesn't mean either of those things.

Would like to see the details of the contract - how much guaranteed money, what the incentives are, etc.

Glad McDougald is re-signed, brings some stability when Kam and Earl's futures are uncertain at this point.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I feel really good about the Safety depth. If they keep Earl and Kam, they can cross that position off the list and start addressing other areas.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A-Dog":91tzqu78 said:
original poster":91tzqu78 said:
This doesn't mean either of those things.

Would like to see the details of the contract - how much guaranteed money, what the incentives are, etc.

Glad McDougald is re-signed, brings some stability when Kam and Earl's futures are uncertain at this point.
How do you know what it means yourself?
Earl and Kam might both be done with the Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkFan72":p5dsf06k said:
I feel really good about the Safety depth. If they keep Earl and Kam, they can cross that position off the list and start addressing other areas.
Sadly, I don’t think Kam plays another down in the NFL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3921ngx9 said:
I'm OK with bringing Shead back on a cheap prove it one year incentive type deal.

We obviously need the CB's, and he was playing pretty well before he got hurt. But I'm sure Pete and John told him to go explore what's out there first before accepting any lowball team friendly offer we might have given him.

Agreed. This is a gentleman's agreement through and through. I hope he comes back to us at a price that makes both sides happy. I think the dude is a baller.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":d63a3xd9 said:

I think it means both. I think Earl gets traded and we go after Griffins brother for FS and McDougald starts a SS.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Okay that's a value I can talk myself into accepting. Will be interesting to look at guarantees and incentives, it could be even more team friendly. What was the point of drafting Delano? I hope there's a competition between those two, unless we are going with the McDougald at FS route.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Official announcement from the team.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/973328185768132609[/tweet]