Agree or Nah?

• Agree

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 93 95.9%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Matt Hasselbeck right now, never mind in his prime could start for a handful of teams.

taz291819

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1npawsr5 said:
Hass made me swear more than most any other QB we've had. He had his bright moments, but if you make a list of all our QBs he is nowhere near the top on mine.

You must have never seen Dave Krieg. I love that guy, but man, watching him lose the ball on every little hit was nerve-wracking as hell.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I accidently voted agree, meant to hit disagree. Matt would definitely be able to play in today's NFL.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
taz291819":14tiqj6u said:
Appyhawk":14tiqj6u said:
Hass made me swear more than most any other QB we've had. He had his bright moments, but if you make a list of all our QBs he is nowhere near the top on mine.

You must have never seen Dave Krieg. I love that guy, but man, watching him lose the ball on every little hit was nerve-wracking as hell.

LOL. I met Dave a couple times. Really liked the guy and felt we had a lot of non-football stuff in common, but as a player he made me cuss as much, maybe even more, than Hass did!

I'm not familiar with member ImaScientist (?) but his Hass quote sig line is indicative of Hass' level QB assessment to me. No question Hass made a ton of great plays for us. I don't at all have a 'hate Hass' attitude. I just think peripheral/extenuating circumstances slide comparisons to an extent that elevates others in our QB history to a higher rank.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Dumbest poll ever. Of course if he was in his prime he could play in the NFL today.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3s83fr5q said:

I'll take you up on that, I'll make a list.

Jim Zorn
Dave Kreig
Gale Gilbert
Kelly Stouffer
Bruce Mathison
Jeff Kemp
Dan McGwire
Stan Gelbaugh
Rick Mirer
John Friesz
Warren Moon
Glenn Foley
John Kitna
Brock Huard
Trent Dilfer
Seneca Wallace
Charlie Whitehurst
Tarvaris Jackson

Sure. The QB who led us to our first playoff win in a billion years, a 13-3 season, and to our first Superbowl appearance in history is definitely in the bottom quarter or so of that list of thoroughbreds.

I will seriously pay top dollar for whatever it is you are taking.

Fade

Reaction score
Matt Hasselbeck in today's game is Kirk Cousins. I actually comped Cousins to Hass when he was coming out of the 2012 draft.

So yes, Hass would be fine in today's game.

Fade

Reaction score
Aros":3sfnchb7 said:
Hass in his prime? He was fantastic. Maybe not Russell Wilson/Patrick Mahomes fantastic, but he was a scrappy, very good QB with an accurate arm who we won a lot of games with. Hope to see him in the Ring of Honor someday.

84e2e0ffafc5afa5ad965fa673e52a87

I just want those uniforms and helmets to comeback. They look sooo good. :eek:

strohmin

Reaction score
This has to be a joke..... Matt Hasslebeck would still be a great QB in todays league. He is definitely better than Garappalo and Kirk Cousins. Stop disrespecting the man.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
I'm with the majority here. I posed this question as a hypothetical. Hass could definitely start for a lot of teams in this league.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Fade":6wq1h9s5 said:
Matt Hasselbeck in today's game is Kirk Cousins. I actually comped Cousins to Hass when he was coming out of the 2012 draft.

I disagree. Hass in his prime was better than Cousins is today. He was a far more dynamic leader than Cousins will likely ever be, and I think Matt's competitive fire and will to win was greater than Cousins. How many Super Bowls has Cousins led his team to?

I have nothing against Kirk Cousins. He seems like a stand-up guy. I just think he's an average NFL QB. Hass was better than that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":22e9lthm said:
Aros":22e9lthm said:
Hass in his prime? He was fantastic. Maybe not Russell Wilson/Patrick Mahomes fantastic, but he was a scrappy, very good QB with an accurate arm who we won a lot of games with. Hope to see him in the Ring of Honor someday.

84e2e0ffafc5afa5ad965fa673e52a87

I just want those uniforms and helmets to comeback. They look sooo good. :eek:

Agreed.

Although I don't think they'll look as good without ridiculously green turf to pop against, they'll still look fantastic, especially under the lights.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Appyhawk":25ja5cvb said:
I'm not familiar with member ImaScientist (?) but his Hass quote sig line is indicative of Hass' level QB assessment to me. No question Hass made a ton of great plays for us. I don't at all have a 'hate Hass' attitude. I just think peripheral/extenuating circumstances slide comparisons to an extent that elevates others in our QB history to a higher rank.

How is your name in blue and you don't know who that troll is?

Wait... who are you and why do you have my modership?!?

Fade

Reaction score
TraderGary":3p37hpba said:
Fade":3p37hpba said:

I disagree. Hass in his prime was better than Cousins is today. He was a far more dynamic leader than Cousins will likely ever be, and I think Matt's competitive fire and will to win was greater than Cousins. How many Super Bowls has Cousins led his team to?

I have nothing against Kirk Cousins. He seems like a stand-up guy. I just think he's an average NFL QB. Hass was better than that.

Like Cousins, Hasselbeck needed a full complement of players around him to be successful.

You give them an O-Line, a running game, receivers, and good coaching. They can win and take you to the playoffs. But they both struggle(d) to carry a team on their shoulders.

CAREER NUMBERS

Hasselbeck 1999-2015

Comp%: 60.5%

TD%: 4.0%

INT%: 2.9%

YPA: 6.9

Passer Rating: 82.4

Career Rushing Yards (Displays their athleticism): 1231 yards, 8 TDs

Hass never led the league in any statistical category ever in his career.

Cousins 2012-2020 (So Far)

Comp%: 66.7% (Led the league in 2015)

TD%: 5.0%

INT%: 2.4%

YPA: 7.7

Passer Rating: 96.2

Career Rushing Yards (Displays their athleticism): 613 yards, 15 TDs

Slightly different era's but with some overlap here. Kirk Cousins is waaay better than Hass in every statistical category, and didn't have the benefit of having Mike Holmgren as his coach for most of his career with Walter Jones as his LT. Still in today's game Hass would be like Cousins, surround him with stars in a great system and you can win. If you don't, you will lose.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":1fyth1sc said:
TraderGary":1fyth1sc said:
Fade":1fyth1sc said:

Like Cousins, Hasselbeck needed a full complement of players around him to be successful.

You give them an O-Line, a running game, receivers, and good coaching. They can win and take you to the playoffs. But they both struggle(d) to carry a team on their shoulders.

CAREER NUMBERS

Hasselbeck 1999-2015

Comp%: 60.5%

TD%: 4.0%

INT%: 2.9%

YPA: 6.9

Passer Rating: 82.4

Career Rushing Yards (Displays their athleticism): 1231 yards, 8 TDs

Hass never led the league in any statistical category ever in his career.

Cousins 2012-2020 (So Far)

Comp%: 66.7% (Led the league in 2015)

TD%: 5.0%

INT%: 2.4%

YPA: 7.7

Passer Rating: 96.2

Career Rushing Yards (Displays their athleticism): 613 yards, 15 TDs

Slightly different era's but with some overlap here. Kirk Cousins is waaay better than Hass in every statistical category, and didn't have the benefit of having Mike Holmgren as his coach for most of his career with Walter Jones as his LT. Still in today's game Hass would be like Cousins, surround him with stars in a great system and you can win. If you don't, you will lose.

Get off the damn stats, era to era they mean jack shit.

Sid Luckman in this era and with his longevity would have cleaned up everyone.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Sac":1uqbejqy said:
Appyhawk":1uqbejqy said:

How is your name in blue and you don't know who that troll is?

Wait... who are you and why do you have my modership?!?

Don't know man. Just lucky I guess, and got activated from the practice squad. Maybe you could assess the D and check to a different play. Or try changing the company you keep?
:180670:

Latest posts