Marvin, there's still plenty of room on our bandwagon...

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2l1yuubd said:
Jed York is systematically destroying the 49ers franchise.

Kinda my point. Jed York 1) doesn't resign Harbaugh and 2) promotes Jim Tomsula to HC.

Giving all benefits of the doubt we can conclude that these two decisions are INCREDIBLY STUPID.

Still, how we get from that to "systematically destroying the 49ers franchise" is just way too hyperbolic for me to understand.

If he keeps Tomsula, fires Baalke and anoints himself as GM a la Al Davis then I think we can safely say he's systematically destroying the franchise.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":382i51xt said:
theENGLISHseahawk":382i51xt said:

Kinda my point. Jed York 1) doesn't resign Harbaugh and 2) promotes Jim Tomsula to HC.

Giving all benefits of the doubt we can conclude that these two decisions are INCREDIBLY STUPID.

Still, how we get from that to "systematically destroying the 49ers franchise" is just way too hyperbolic for me to understand.

If he keeps Tomsula, fires Baalke and anoints himself as GM a la Al Davis then I think we can safely say he's systematically destroying the franchise.
I don't know, if York pushed the first domino, or kicked every domino, they all still fell in what has to be one of the worst years a franchise has ever had. Not record wise, but erosion wise.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2f2cmhz5 said:
I don't know, if York pushed the first domino, or kicked every domino, they all still fell in what has to be one of the worst years a franchise has ever had. Not record wise, but erosion wise.

To say this though I think you have to forget that although the 9ers suck this year this isn't even the worst year for them in the last decade (2005 was worse), and by no stretch of the imagination is it is as bad 2004.

Even erosion wise 2002-2003 was worse IMO.

Likewise, to think of this in terms of dominoes you have to start attributing a causal chain that starts with Jed York that by any stretch of the imagination has nothing to do with him. For instance:

*Even three years ago you could project out to see that in the 9ers salary cap progression this off-season was going to be a big transition year in which the last of the unkeepable starters had to be let go.

*You also have to believe that Aldon Smith being an alcoholic somehow traces back to Jed York, that Patrick Willis repeatedly needing foot surgery traces back to the Jed York, that Chris Borland fearing concussions traces back to Jed York, that Ray McDonald being an awful person traces back to Jed York, that Anthony Davis taking a year away from football to get healthy again traces back to Jed York, That Navarro Bowman getting his knee obliterated traces back to Jed York, that Carlos Hyde having a stress fracture in his foot traces back to Jed York, and that Justin Smith retiring at the age of 36 somehow traces back to Jed York.

*Then you also have to avoid the fact that even last year before Jed York "caused" all these dominoes to topple, back before Jed York "ruined" everything and it all was perfect, the 49ers were 8-8.

I just don't see it.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Jed York is a total twit, annoys the ch!t out of me and I think he's an idiot for promoting Tomsula, but beyond that I just think it really strains credulity to rest the downfall of the 9ers at his feet.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1s7n3hhn said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1s7n3hhn said:

Whoosh.

There's the point whistling over your head again. What a shocker.

I never limited his ineptitude to those two decisions. You did -- and then assumed your own opinion matched mine. Which is extremely silly even for you Popeye.

Jed York has made the 49ers a laughing stock. His vision for the franchise is wrong as he described it a year ago. The way he handled Harbaugh's departure was a mess, piling unnecessary pressure on every department. Every time he opened his mouth a year ago he jammed his foot right down his throat. He seems to have both thrown his oar in with Trent Baalke and yet want to interfere just enough to undermine him. It's a franchise that is badly lacking in strong leadership from the top and he is totally responsible for that.

The Niners are a total shambles. And no, it's not hyperbolic to hold York responsible for that given he's managed to oversee this massive decline just two years removed from the NFC Championship and three years from the Super Bowl.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ytqv25pp said:
Scottemojo":ytqv25pp said:

To say this though I think you have to forget that although the 9ers suck this year this isn't even the worst year for them in the last decade (2005 was worse), and by no stretch of the imagination is it is as bad 2004.

Even erosion wise 2002-2003 was worse IMO.

Likewise, to think of this in terms of dominoes you have to start attributing a causal chain that starts with Jed York that by any stretch of the imagination has nothing to do with him. For instance:

*Even three years ago you could project out to see that in the 9ers salary cap progression this off-season was going to be a big transition year in which the last of the unkeepable starters had to be let go.

*You also have to believe that Aldon Smith being an alcoholic somehow traces back to Jed York, that Patrick Willis repeatedly needing foot surgery traces back to the Jed York, that Chris Borland fearing concussions traces back to Jed York, that Ray McDonald being an awful person traces back to Jed York, that Anthony Davis taking a year away from football to get healthy again traces back to Jed York, That Navarro Bowman getting his knee obliterated traces back to Jed York, that Carlos Hyde having a stress fracture in his foot traces back to Jed York, and that Justin Smith retiring at the age of 36 somehow traces back to Jed York.

*Then you also have to avoid the fact that even last year before Jed York "caused" all these dominoes to topple, back before Jed York "ruined" everything and it all was perfect, the 49ers were 8-8.

I just don't see it.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Jed York is a total twit, annoys the ch!t out of me and I think he's an idiot for promoting Tomsula, but beyond that I just think it really strains credulity to rest the downfall of the 9ers at his feet.

Amazingly, you seem to think that Jed York's conduct in undermining his head coach, publicly posturing that Harbaugh would only be paid his salary demands if he won a Super Bowl, failing to come out in support of his coach while the rumors swirled for an entire year that his time in San Francisco was coming to an untimely end, apologizing for the team's play via twitter, and eventually hobbling Harbaugh at the knees midseason had NOTHING to do with that 8-8 record.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":olrchrus said:
Popeyejones":olrchrus said:
theENGLISHseahawk":olrchrus said:

Whoosh.

I never limited his ineptitude to those two decisions. You did -- and then assumed your own opinion matched mine. Which is extremely silly even for you Popeye.

Jed York has made the 49ers a laughing stock. His vision for the franchise is wrong as he described it a year ago. The way he handled Harbaugh's departure was a mess, piling unnecessary pressure on every department. Every time he opened his mouth a year ago he jammed his foot right down his throat. He seems to have both thrown his oar in with Trent Baalke and yet want to interfere just enough to undermine him. It's a franchise that is badly lacking in strong leadership from the top and he is totally responsible for that.

The Niners are a total shambles. And no, it's not hyperbolic to hold York responsible for that given he's managed to oversee this massive decline just two years removed from the NFC Championship and three years from the Super Bowl.

1. You said Jed York is systematically destroying the 49ers.

2. I say when people make claims like this what they're talking about essentially amounts to the handling of Harbaugh and Tomsula.

3. You say I've missed the point and as evidence offer his handling of Harbaugh and Tomsula.

4. I sit here both perplexed as to what point you think you're making, an reminded as to why I rarely bother to respond to you. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1n9z8o0j said:
Amazingly, you seem to think that Jed York's conduct in undermining his head coach, publicly posturing that Harbaugh would only be paid his salary demands if he won a Super Bowl, failing to come out in support of his coach while the rumors swirled for an entire year that his time in San Francisco was coming to an untimely end, apologizing for the team's play via twitter, and eventually hobbling Harbaugh at the knees midseason had NOTHING to do with that 8-8 record.

Only going to respond to the parts of this that are actually true.

Yes, I do not believe that Jed York trying and failing to re-sign Jim Harbaugh with two years left on his deal or Jed York tweeting "Thank you #49ersfaithful for coming out strong tonight. This performance wasn't acceptable. I apologize for that" after the 49ers loss to the Seahawks in Week 12 last caused the 49ers to go 8-8 last year.

This is the problem with recreating history after the fact to get to your desired conclusions. Everything you're talking about that I haven't mentioned, in the most generous reading, happened after the 9ers were eliminated from the playoffs last year.

Again though, were back to the precise thing I said that started this conversation: "everything" is a gussied up way to say "Harbaugh and Tomsula."

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":truy1lpf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":truy1lpf said:
Popeyejones":truy1lpf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":truy1lpf said:

Whoosh.

2. I say when people make claims like this what they're talking about essentially amounts to the handling of Harbaugh and Tomsula.

3. You say I've missed the point and as evidence offer his handling of Harbaugh and Tomsula.

4. I sit here both perplexed as to what point you think you're making, an reminded as to why I rarely bother to respond to you. :th2thumbs:

You respond every single time. It's a total fallacy to suggest you 'rarely respond', just like your constant straw man arguments.

I enjoyed Marvin's 'comical ali' approach to life. You enter a debate, create a straw man, argue totally the wrong points, and then keep repeating the act until everyone wants to throw a giant watermelon in your groin area.

You aren't even fit to knit Marvin's wooly underwear.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
There have been reports that Harbaugh wants to be paid like a Super Bowl-winning coach and the 49ers want to see him win one first before paying him at that level. Harbaugh has denied those are his demands on multiple occasions.

York said on the show Thursday night that he hopes Harbaugh is in a position of strength when the two sides next talk about a deal.

"I've said publicly and very loudly in the past, I hope he has the utmost leverage when we sit down and talk about his contract at the end of the season," York said. "It's a good thing. It's an unbelievable problem to have."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/49ers-harb ... d=24800994

In Jed's own words, he did not believe that Harbaugh had the leverage to receive the contract extension he was seeking unless he won a Super Bowl in 2014. As though taking a once moribund team to three consecutive NFC Championships was not enough?

And then there were the following months of speculation that Harbaugh would be fired . . . without a single statement of support from Jed. There can be no doubt that the uncertainty which Jed created led to a breakdown in the locker room and within the coaching staff.

"There was definitely a point where you walk down the halls and -- I wasn't reading a lot of the things, I wasn't reading anything that was on the internet, I was really focused on doing my job," Harbaugh said. "But definitely walk down the halls and people look away or they'd look at you and you knew something's going on. That's really about the extent of the knowledge that I have on it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hy-left-me

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2n04n5mj said:
Popeye, I love how you conveniently ignored Rob's point about York backing Baalke, but then interfering with him.

I think that's been York's biggest mis-step. going all-in with Baalke. Baalke's last several drafts have been shambolic by most standards, including this last one. The niners have issues all over the field, and all of that cap room isn't going to mean much because you have a twat pulling the strings in Baalke. With no QB and a patchwork line, a massively declining defense and very little talent at the skill positions, it's going to be a long road back to relevance.

Cue Marvin to come in and give a breakdown of Baalke's last 4 drafts and FA acquisitions in 3.....2......1......

"I would not remind you of that which you know so well."

Spock - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

:D

As for your "eaten alive" comment...not so much.

Am I outnumbered? Absolutely...but I'm pretty used to that. Every fansite has extremes...and the extremes predictably came out in numbers on that thread. That's what happens when you say something incendiary that will rub a particular segment of the fanbase the wrong way.

As for being a homer...I want Tomsula fired. I want a new QB. I just don't think Jed York is the anti-Christ.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2fg22pcs said:
Marvin49":2fg22pcs said:
peachesenregalia":2fg22pcs said:
Popeye, I love how you conveniently ignored Rob's point about York backing Baalke, but then interfering with him.

I think that's been York's biggest mis-step. going all-in with Baalke. Baalke's last several drafts have been shambolic by most standards, including this last one. The niners have issues all over the field, and all of that cap room isn't going to mean much because you have a twat pulling the strings in Baalke. With no QB and a patchwork line, a massively declining defense and very little talent at the skill positions, it's going to be a long road back to relevance.

Cue Marvin to come in and give a breakdown of Baalke's last 4 drafts and FA acquisitions in 3.....2......1......

"I would not remind you of that which you know so well."

Spock - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

:D

As for your "eaten alive" comment...not so much.

Am I outnumbered? Absolutely...but I'm pretty used to that. Every fansite has extremes...and the extremes predictably came out in numbers on that thread. That's what happens when you say something incendiary that will rub a particular segment of the fanbase the wrong way.

As for being a homer...I want Tomsula fired. I want a new QB. I just don't think Jed York is the anti-Christ.

Didnt read lol o 141041

Cool story.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":lslmny27 said:
Popeyejones":lslmny27 said:

You respond every single time. It's a total fallacy to suggest you 'rarely respond', just like your constant straw man arguments.

I enjoyed Marvin's 'comical ali' approach to life. You enter a debate, create a straw man, argue totally the wrong points, and then keep repeating the act until everyone wants to throw a giant watermelon in your groin area.

You aren't even fit to knit Marvin's wooly underwear.

Hey look, I can just cut and pate and add another clause or two and it still applies. :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

4. I point out how laughably circular and false your argument is, and rather than explaining why it's not you meander off into feckless rambling about how you don't like me. Who cares? So what?

5. I again sit here both perplexed as to what point you think you're making, an reminded as to why I rarely bother to respond to you. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":xfluijcu said:

He said: "He seems to have both thrown his oar in with Trent Baalke and yet want to interfere just enough to undermine him."

He never qualified what in the world he's actually talking about. I'm assuming he's simply re-spinning my very own post in this thread about reading tea leaves and Gase? The one where I was relying on conjecture and being critical of York? :lol:

This is the arrow in the quiver you want me to respond to? You want me to respond to him summarizing my own post? :lol:

That I think York might have wanted to hire Tomsula is the smoking gun about Jed York's wrong doings that aren't related to Harbaugh or Tomsula? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Whatever you need to tell yourself man.

Marvin and I are on the same page about this.

Jed York: ObnoxiousTwit
Jed York: Massively bungled the Harbaugh and Tomsula situation

Unless you've got something else, you're just spinning your wheels.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
And another reply from Popeye...

Popeyejones":3thbv8os said:
why I rarely bother to respond to you. :th2thumbs:

Who are you even trying to convince? Yourself?

You're obsessed with those of us who call out your nonsense.

Now go and write another straw man argument so you can shape the debate away from this latest embarrassing episode.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":oaurdwhp said:
Alright, i'm getting heartburn. Sports Hernia, do something terrible.
Any suggestions? I'm clean out of imagination today. 8)

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2qpgvclg said:
peachesenregalia":2qpgvclg said:
Sports Hernia":2qpgvclg said:
peachesenregalia":2qpgvclg said:

Just warm up that banhammer of yours and keep it handy 8)
I think Laloosh swung bis today.

Livinginhawktown tried coming back with a fake ID. Lasted about three posts.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2n390zb6 said:
peachesenregalia":2n390zb6 said:
Sports Hernia":2n390zb6 said:
peachesenregalia":2n390zb6 said:

Just warm up that banhammer of yours and keep it handy 8)
I think Laloosh swung bis today.

Livinginhawktown tried coming back with a fake ID. Lasted about three posts.
He's not a very good poker player. Obvious tells. 8)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
^^^ Got that right. I smelled it in his first post and called him out and then it was real obvious when he ripped into ringless about four posts later.

I know you're reading this lvnginhwktwn/Seattle9er......can you smell the fear?

Bwa ha ha ha......