Marshawn wins appeal on $50k fine

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
themunn":2bjknez6 said:
Shadowhawk":2bjknez6 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2bjknez6 said:
And to be fair, Florio is absolutely 100% spot on here...

So, basically, if Lynch deliberately disregards one more time a fair and reasonable policy aimed at ensuring players are available to reporters — who serve as the official liaisons to the fans — then Lynch will lose $100,000.

And then the fans, who are the intended beneficiaries of the league’s media policies, can try to offset the six-figure fine by raising money for a guy who made $7 million in salary this season.

No, actually, Florio is being his usual douchey self here. He can't even see the irony in his own post, namely that Seahawk fans--clearly the "intended beneficiaries" of this "fair and reasonable policy"--are the ones who have been all but universally supportive of Lynch NOT talking to the media.

Serious, have any of you even run across ONE Seahawk fan who laments the fact that Lynch doesn't like doing interviews or other media appearances? I haven't. And yet, per Florio, we're the ones who stand to benefit from him being forced to do something he clearly doesn't like to do?

Why does Lynch need to talk to the press, anyway? We've got Richard Freaking Sherman on the roster! Who needs anyone else? ;)

you think it's ok he doesn't do something that's part of his job and part of contract under NFL rules because he doesn't like it?. There are literally hundreds of millions of people who have to do stuff they don't like as part of their job every damn day. And if they don't, they don't get fines they can easily afford to pay. They get sacked.

I'm supposed to feel sympathy for him because he can't face 5 minutes answering some questions?
Lol totally agree.

Mind=blown at the attitude towards this. Lol. Alot of guys are acting like he's some victim, what would happen at work if you refused to answer phones, talk to clients ect? Prob get fired right? I get stupid phone calls all the time, you guys are Bafoons acting like the guy has it so rough. Dude makes 7 mill a year to play a sport and entertain US, this is part of the job, .net is insane you guys are sipping some major koolaid. He has all the money in the world to go pay to educate himself how to handle the media properly if he struggles with it as much as you guys say. Can't believe so many grown men Pity such a tacky refusal lol.
For the record, idc if he refuses I don't think he's a bad guy for it, I just think the ONLY issue is the amount it is as some of the more sane 12ers have eluded to.