Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Washington49er

Reaction score
I'd laugh my ass off if 1st time they hand him the ball he just stops, takes the tackle then gets up and says "I'm just here to get paid".

Or he fumbles the ball like a mic drop, looks at PC, flips him off and says Merry Christmas from Earl

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Are they bringing the Marshawn burger back this weekend? I can't wait for it to start raining skittles on Sunday night!

balakoth

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1209632054289162241[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Washington49er":23zr4iky said:
I'd laugh my ass off if 1st time they hand him the ball he just stops, takes the tackle then gets up and says "I'm just here to get paid".

Or he fumbles the ball like a mic drop, looks at PC, flips him off and says Merry Christmas from Earl

These plays on the video below is more likely to happen than your hallunication above....
[youtube]hooUzk1NHzE[/youtube]

Washington49er

Reaction score
hawkfan68":31cccpcc said:
Washington49er":31cccpcc said:

These plays on the video below is more likely to happen than your hallunication above....

Not likely, its actually starting to look more like a publicity stunt, ML promoting his clothing line and I'm sure Skittles gave him some money for that car full video.

Not expecting him to get too many touches, unless Homer goes down. I really think he's only there to hopefully distract the 9ers D from Wilson and I just don't think that will happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":1pwtu5cy said:
hawkfan68":1pwtu5cy said:
Washington49er":1pwtu5cy said:

Not likely, its actually starting to look more like a publicity stunt, ML promoting his clothing line and I'm sure Skittles gave him some money for that car full video.

Not expecting him to get too many touches, unless Homer goes down. I really think he's only there to hopefully distract the 9ers D from Wilson and I just don't think that will happen.

I'm sure all 49ers fans hope that, he is here to do something, Lynch doesn't go in half assed and half hearted, he has fun and is also a businessmen now, he is smart and knows how to leverage marketing, he set up a lot of retirement funds for other players. As some have stated he has not touched any of his NFL earning, all endorsement and appearances and investments is his primary cash flow.

He said in his video he is here to help and not start, we have that guy in Carson at the time, he knows his roll and what it will be.

Ten plays getting the ball either rushing or receiving and then being on the field to be accounted for. You have to account for him, if he makes a splash play the place will go bananas and the 49ers do not want that impact in our house.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Washington49er":3uytv4qr said:
hawkfan68":3uytv4qr said:
Washington49er":3uytv4qr said:

By merely signing with Seahawks, he's already a distraction. He's distracted everyone to become the focal point in this matchup. No one is talking about how great the 49ers are....it's all about Marshawn now.

Besides that, the Seahawks have already beat your 49ers without Lynch this season. They'll beat them again, this time with Lynch, Sunday night.

John63

Reaction score
:smilingalien:
hawkfan68":mnfnbn21 said:
Washington49er":mnfnbn21 said:
hawkfan68":mnfnbn21 said:
Washington49er":mnfnbn21 said:

By merely signing with Seahawks, he's already a distraction. He's distracted everyone to become the focal point in this matchup. No one is talking about how great the 49ers are....it's all about Marshawn now.

Besides that, the Seahawks have already beat your 49ers without Lynch this season. They'll beat them again, this time with Lynch, Sunday night.

He also almost guarantees we play the old run and throw long crap.

D1sorder

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":14np104h said:
pmedic920":14np104h said:
I can’t get the video to post but here’s a couple screenshots.

Maybe someone can find the video.

I got chuckle.
bd2fb5c1c040dc07c65c57503ce90fe4.jpg

88afc59ce7c8b47d4f9c17dd626a7d8b.jpg

3a51a3a1190b5b959676e533d4501709.jpg

Is this whole thing a big publicity stunt? How much did Skittles pay him to do that? He literally rolls up with a car full of skittles and gets out. There is a twitter video of it. LOL.

https://twitter.com/shedsports/status/1 ... 2801695744

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Sports22384807/status/1169728576360452096[/tweet]

This wasnt THAT recent 09/05/2019. Fake news.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Aros":2ft1cexx said:
This is EPIC! All you negative nancies can as the British say, piss off. This is not about gaudy stats it's about the emotional impact he will bring to the team and the fans this Sunday Night. I don't care if he gets less than 30 yards rushing...His presence and physicality alone will demand respect. Given our current injury situation this is nothing but a GOOD thing!

Unfinished Business!! GO HAWKS!

God Damn RIGHT!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
D1sorder":3u1a93uw said:
SanDiego49er":3u1a93uw said:
pmedic920":3u1a93uw said:

I got chuckle.

Is this whole thing a big publicity stunt? How much did Skittles pay him to do that? He literally rolls up with a car full of skittles and gets out. There is a twitter video of it. LOL.

Hahaha at those who fall for bull shit. Losers.

Tamerlane

Reaction score
Marshawn is washed and sucked at Oakland? Just a PR stunt?

Did anyone saying these things even watch a single game Lynch played at Oakland? I have no idea what to expect next Sunday and I'm sure we'll miss Chris Carson out there, but Lynch was by far the best option available, even if it was a desperation play (due to desperate circumstances).

Let's look at some RB stats that are somewhat independent of the offensive line play:

Marshawn Lynch
Yards after Contact per Attempt: 3.09 (#4), Elusiveness Rating*: 68.0 (#4)

2018:
Marshawn Lynch
Yards after Contact per Attempt: 3.46 (#6), Elusiveness Rating: 85.6 (#5)
Chris Carson
Yards after Contact per Attempt: 3.36 (#8), Elusiveness Rating: 63.0 (#13)

2019:
Chris Carson
Yards after Contact per Attempt: 3.63 (#2), Elusiveness Rating: 85.2 (#3)

* Elusive Rating = (Missed Tackles Forced) / (Designed Run Attempts + Receptions) * (Yards After Contact Per Attempt * 100)

I just hope this decimated roster can at least put up a good fight in what now looks to be one of the most hyped games of the year.

pmedic920

Reaction score
D1sorder":fan7iopp said:
SanDiego49er":fan7iopp said:
pmedic920":fan7iopp said:

I got chuckle.

Hey Ebenezer, nobody claimed it was yesterday.
b3fe0b0143aab357137d4bb1622a7afb.jpg

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Tamerlane":348kp1hb said:
Marshawn is washed and sucked at Oakland? Just a PR stunt?

Did anyone saying these things even watch a single game Lynch played at Oakland? I have no idea what to expect next Sunday and I'm sure we'll miss Chris Carson out there, but Lynch was by far the best option available, even if it was a desperation play (due to desperate circumstances).

Let's look at some RB stats that are somewhat independent of the offensive line play:

Marshawn Lynch
Yards after Contact per Attempt: 3.09 (#4), Elusiveness Rating*: 68.0 (#4)

2018:
Marshawn Lynch
Yards after Contact per Attempt: 3.46 (#6), Elusiveness Rating: 85.6 (#5)
Chris Carson
Yards after Contact per Attempt: 3.36 (#8), Elusiveness Rating: 63.0 (#13)

2019:
Chris Carson
Yards after Contact per Attempt: 3.63 (#2), Elusiveness Rating: 85.2 (#3)

* Elusive Rating = (Missed Tackles Forced) / (Designed Run Attempts + Receptions) * (Yards After Contact Per Attempt * 100)

I just hope this decimated roster can at least put up a good fight in what now looks to be one of the most hyped games of the year.

Thanks for this. ML was a bright spot on a losing team. That's what his first-round replacement Josh Jacobs is too.

Lynch can block, pass-catch at a high level. It'd be fun if Pete ran some two RB sets plus genuine RPOs. Meaning a genuine possibility Russ runs the ball sometimes.

You can't play not to lose w/the 49ers. They study our game tape more intensely (and with more hate) than any other team.

Playing to win is the only winning option here, and that means continuing to take risk, inject the unexpected so you at least have a chance to win.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Washington49er":1wiov12l said:

You know what would be funnier if Sherm lets a receiver go by and we score a touchdown and looks at PC and says Merry Christmas your the one that gave me a chance.

quadsas

Reaction score
Carson is a better back at this point than Lynch is, but everything else he'll bring at this exact moment of the season (truly perfect timing) trumps everything. If we make a run it's all because of Marshawn and noone else.

And people talking about some sortof animosity between Pete and Beast, you're a bit daft. Not even Sherman hates Pete, and Marshawn talked ad nauseum that he has no ill feelings about The Call.

I don't know whether it was offence or defence introduction last weekend against Tards, but they better make an exception and have offence be introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.