Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcaido

Reaction score
Wow this is awesome, should get Turbin too.

If only we can get Bennett this would be complete!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
iigakusei":2gpobhw2 said:
pittpnthrs":2gpobhw2 said:
While people seem to be excited about this, I find it embarrassing. Signing Lynch is nothing more than a publicity stunt that would do nothing more than officially mark the day that Pete Carroll threw the towel in the ring. Lynch was done 4 years ago and he sucked in Oakland during his time there. Alfred Morris would be a better option at this point. Hell, might as well bring in Shaun Alexander or Chris Warren if this is the route they are taking.
I think you are missing the point though. What the team obviously needs is a huge mental and emotional lift. Marshawn can provide that whether he has much left or not. It might not work out but it is worth a shot.

What the team obviously needs is the coaching staff to figure out how to utilize Russell Wilson to the best of his ability in what is now going to be a top heavy passing game plan and with him being the primary runner when the opportunity presents itself, not some washed up, has been thats going to make the team and fanboys feel better about the teams failures due to the ongoing media circus and his past results. This is Pete giving up. Its why I said we might as well bring in Alexander or Warren for a try out. With the route Pete's taking, it wouldnt matter at this point.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":3kpm7ash said:
Wow this is awesome, should get Turbin too.

If only we can get Bennett this would be complete!

Turbin?

You're thinking too small. Let's also sign Shaun Alexander, Curt Warner, John L. Williams and Ricky Waters.

I mean, we'll probably lose 45-3, so why not make it fun for the fans with the parade of Seahawk RB's of Christmas past.

pmedic920

Reaction score
queer49ers":13f6tb04 said:
The 12th man will be wearing 49er jerseys this Sunday. Expect more than half of the stadium to be pulling for the 49ers. I thought Seahawk fans were loyal? Thank you for selling your tickets to 49er fans. It will be a great day to watch them win and seal the number one seed. The12th man looks good in 49er jerseys.

PeHawk?
William Cooper?

Awesome 1st post

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
pmedic920":1k6njnfi said:
pittpnthrs":1k6njnfi said:
While people seem to be excited about this, I find it embarrassing. Signing Lynch is nothing more than a publicity stunt that would do nothing more than officially mark the day that Pete Carroll threw the towel in the ring. Lynch was done 4 years ago and he sucked in Oakland during his time there. Alfred Morris would be a better option at this point. Hell, might as well bring in Shaun Alexander or Chris Warren if this is the route they are taking.

Ok Boomer.

You do understand that we need bodies, right?

If this does nothing more than raise morales the team, and lift spirits of the fans, it’s a “win/win “

I’ll say this.
C-link will be on fire, wouldn’t surprise me it the crowd breaks sound records.

It’s not a “fix all”, Lynch isn’t our savior but this has raised my hopes, hopes that were all but gone. For that reason alone, it’s “worth it” in my book.

Edit.
Morale, mind set, attitude, and chemistry go a long way in separating the good teams from the bad, this isn’t a fix all as I’ve already said but it can’t hurt.

Yes, I understand we need bodies. At least get some that have played recently and havent been sitting in front of a bong for the past year. I suppose it doesnt matter as this team is done for the season anyways, but still at least look like your trying.

What kind of hopes has the crap show with Lynch raised for you? Are you really that desperate that you feel Lynch can actually contribute? If so, time to take those rose colored blinders off.

Whatever, if he is signed, I have doubts he'll even make it to half before getting injured. With that being said, i'm surprised Lynch would even want to come back to Seattle. Guess that ganja makes for a short memory.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
What is the incentive FOR HIM to play just 1 game? What does he make on this? Like $100,000? That's small time for a pro athlete. It's not a whole season salary. I get why the team is desperate enough to do this. Is he even in football shape? The NFL doesn't work like that. You don't just take years off and come back for week 17 after years away and be in football shape. Wow. I don't even know what to say. I thought this stuff was a joke. They are really doing this?

:shock:

pmedic920

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2232ogup said:
pmedic920":2232ogup said:
pittpnthrs":2232ogup said:

Ok Boomer.

If this does nothing more than raise morales the team, and lift spirits of the fans, it’s a “win/win “

I’ll say this.

It’s not a “fix all”, Lynch isn’t our savior but this has raised my hopes, hopes that were all but gone. For that reason alone, it’s “worth it” in my book.

Edit.
Morale, mind set, attitude, and chemistry go a long way in separating the good teams from the bad, this isn’t a fix all as I’ve already said but it can’t hurt.

Yes, I understand we need bodies. At least get some that have played recently and havent been sitting in front of a bong for the past year. I suppose it doesnt matter as this team is done for the season anyways, but still at least look like your trying.

What kind of hopes has the crap show with Lynch raised for you? Are you really that desperate that you feel Lynch can actually contribute? If so, time to take those rose colored blinders off.

Whatever, if he is signed, I have doubts he'll even make it to half before getting injured. With that being said, i'm surprised Lynch would even want to come back to Seattle. Guess that ganja makes for a short memory.

I’m already on record saying that we shouldn’t expect much production.

The rest is self explanatory, least I hope it is.

2_0_6

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3k4j54mt said:
What is the incentive FOR HIM to play just 1 game? What does he make on this? Like $100,000? That's small time for a pro athlete. It's not a whole season salary. I get why the team is desperate enough to do this. Is he even in football shape? The NFL doesn't work like that. You don't just take years off and come back for week 17 after years away and be in football shape. Wow. I don't even know what to say. I thought this stuff was a joke. They are really doing this?

:shock:

Years huh?

Cool.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
ludakrishna":13xig5e5 said:
SanDiego49er":13xig5e5 said:
Is he even in football shape? He hasn't played in a long time. It seems very unrealistic to bring in a guy who hasn't played in a long time and may not even be in shape for week 17.

Marahawn made a visit a few weeks back. If he were not in shape, they would not be pursuing this. The staff saw something to say he could still play.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1205243607529115648[/tweet]

So now they are saying the team is not considering signing him? Which one is it? I hear other reports he will be in uniform for week 17? This is so confusing. What is going on here?

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
How great would it be if Marshawn comes back, the Seahawks make the super bowl, down 4 with about 30 seconds left and are on the opponents 2 yard line?

balakoth

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2xexggte said:
ludakrishna":2xexggte said:
SanDiego49er":2xexggte said:
Is he even in football shape? He hasn't played in a long time. It seems very unrealistic to bring in a guy who hasn't played in a long time and may not even be in shape for week 17.

Marahawn made a visit a few weeks back. If he were not in shape, they would not be pursuing this. The staff saw something to say he could still play.

So now they are saying the team is not considering signing him? Which one is it? I hear other reports he will be in uniform for week 17? This is so confusing. What is going on here?

It's important to pay attention to dates when trying to comprehend things....... Wow...

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":28pqk211 said:
ludakrishna":28pqk211 said:
SanDiego49er":28pqk211 said:

That tweet was from 11 days ago

kmeleon

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2fvwmby6 said:
ludakrishna":2fvwmby6 said:
SanDiego49er":2fvwmby6 said:

Check the date of the tweet :34853_doh:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
pmedic920":7fsbt8i4 said:
pittpnthrs":7fsbt8i4 said:
pmedic920":7fsbt8i4 said:
pittpnthrs":7fsbt8i4 said:

Ok Boomer.

I’ll say this.

Edit.

I’m already on record saying that we shouldn’t expect much production.

The rest is self explanatory, least I hope it is.

I'm expecting none, but hey its Christmas. Who am I to tell people Santa Claus doesnt exist?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
John63":2xmquodj said:
just an excuse to not change the system to what was working.

Let me help you get ready for alot fo running and alot of punting.

This man gets it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2g7jxiqs said:
iigakusei":2g7jxiqs said:
pittpnthrs":2g7jxiqs said:
I think you are missing the point though. What the team obviously needs is a huge mental and emotional lift. Marshawn can provide that whether he has much left or not. It might not work out but it is worth a shot.

What the team obviously needs is the coaching staff to figure out how to utilize Russell Wilson to the best of his ability in what is now going to be a top heavy passing game plan and with him being the primary runner when the opportunity presents itself, not some washed up, has been thats going to make the team and fanboys feel better about the teams failures due to the ongoing media circus and his past results. This is Pete giving up. Its why I said we might as well bring in Alexander or Warren for a try out. With the route Pete's taking, it wouldnt matter at this point.

What the Coaching staff needs to do is sprinkle some IGOR DUST on the banged up O-Line, so they can magically transition from Run Blocking to Pass Protection, they'd have a week for that IGOR DUST to take effect.

Wilson needs RB help....Period.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":j9k4kg9u said:
just an excuse to not change the system to what was working.

Le tme helpp you get ready for alot fo running and alot of punting.

You forgot to add...WINNING. :stirthepot:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
That's what Condotta understood from whomever he was talking to 12/12. Probably, it was more the case that feelers were being put out but were so speculative that no one wanted to say anything then.

Lynch never officially retired unlike Gronk: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -deadline/. If he's a UFA, he should be able to resign with another team now to play Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.