Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
pmedic920":mlqyhnao said:
This all brings up a scenario in my mind.

If in fact we sign Lynch and he plays for us again, do y’all think he will go back to the Raiders for a “one day deal” in order to stay officially a Raider?
Oakland Raiders maybe? Not the Las Vegas Raiders. The legend was made in Seattle. Its fitting this will be his last hurrah here.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3vbh2wwo said:
This all brings up a scenario in my mind.

If in fact we sign Lynch and he plays for us again, do y’all think he will go back to the Raiders for a “one day deal” in order to stay officially a Raider?

Not a chance. He came back b/c of Oakland, not the Raider name, and he's part owner of an Oakland indoor arena team that's supposed to start next year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":5h51zslg said:
Wasn't it Popeye who said he personally ran into him and he looked high af on Friday? The detection window is 30 days for weed.

But then again, why go up to Seattle just to have the inevitable discovered?

Yeah, that was me in the other thread. I thought it but didn't even bother saying anything to my wife about it until she made the same observation that he looked high AF.

TBF tho, who the hell knows. It was 730 AM at the gate before a flight so maybe he was just tired as hell

And even if he didn't piss clean I can't imagine he could get signed and then suspended all before Sunday, meaning they'd at least have him this week. If he doesn't piss clean it's entirely possible he wouldn't get suspended until way later, and why would he care, given that if he came back he certainly wouldn't be coming back again after this, and it's not like there's a lot of Marshawn fans out there who care at all if he smokes weed or not.

(if people DO care, I guess it's worth saying that we were flying from somewhere where recreational weed is legal to somewhere where recreational weed is legal).

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1yf410cs said:
SantaClaraHawk":1yf410cs said:
Wasn't it Popeye who said he personally ran into him and he looked high af on Friday? The detection window is 30 days for weed.

But then again, why go up to Seattle just to have the inevitable discovered?

Yeah, that was me in the other thread. I thought it but didn't even bother saying anything to my wife about it until she made the same observation that he looked high AF.

TBF tho, who the hell knows. It was 730 AM at the gate before a flight so maybe he was just tired as hell

And even if he didn't piss clean I can't imagine he could get signed and then suspended all before Sunday, meaning they'd at least have him this week. If he doesn't piss clean it's entirely possible he wouldn't get suspended until way later, and why would he care, given that if he came back he certainly wouldn't be coming back again after this, and it's not like there's a lot of Marshawn fans out there who care at all if he smokes weed or not.

(if people DO care, I guess it's worth saying that we were flying from somewhere where recreational weed is legal to somewhere where recreational weed is legal).

To be fair, he looked high AF during the press day before XLVIII too, and many other times, iirc.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The most Pete's said about it is on this seahawks.com feed:

https://www.seahawks.com/news/pete-carr ... hawn-lynch

Nothing is final yet. As Carroll noted, “what we understand is he’s in really good shape, but we need to get him here, then away we go. We’ll keep our fingers crossed that it works out… We’ll let you know in a few hours here.”

Both ML and Pete have presumably chatted about drug-testing hangups before releasing this story today so maybe there's a chance that's not a problem.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Raises the question

Does the NFL care, or have a policy that covers what people do when they are not employed by the league?

Maybe because he hasn’t been a league/team employee there is a loophole?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
While people seem to be excited about this, I find it embarrassing. Signing Lynch is nothing more than a publicity stunt that would do nothing more than officially mark the day that Pete Carroll threw the towel in the ring. Lynch was done 4 years ago and he sucked in Oakland during his time there. Alfred Morris would be a better option at this point. Hell, might as well bring in Shaun Alexander or Chris Warren if this is the route they are taking.

ttown0026

Reaction score
Low risk high reward in my opinion. Beast Mode on the sidelines alone would make me play harder.

iigakusei

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2r8axgvq said:
While people seem to be excited about this, I find it embarrassing. Signing Lynch is nothing more than a publicity stunt that would do nothing more than officially mark the day that Pete Carroll threw the towel in the ring. Lynch was done 4 years ago and he sucked in Oakland during his time there. Alfred Morris would be a better option at this point. Hell, might as well bring in Shaun Alexander or Chris Warren if this is the route they are taking.
I think you are missing the point though. What the team obviously needs is a huge mental and emotional lift. Marshawn can provide that whether he has much left or not. It might not work out but it is worth a shot.

Threedee

Reaction score
pmedic920":rdjqbs4w said:
Maybe it’s all about something as simple as raising the flag?

Not about playing.

In that case, Pete is still hip to the youth, because he has discovered trolling.

John63

Reaction score
just an excuse to not change the system to what was working.

Le tme helpp you get ready for alot fo running and alot of punting.

Seymour

Reaction score
LOL.

This oline is going to make him regret that decision.

They've cost us our top 3 RB's so far. I guess I'd rather expend Lynch than Homer so BYOC (bring your own crutches)

:irishdrinkers:

pmedic920

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":q3895mk3 said:

Ok Boomer.

You do understand that we need bodies, right?

If this does nothing more than raise morales the team, and lift spirits of the fans, it’s a “win/win “

I’ll say this.
C-link will be on fire, wouldn’t surprise me it the crowd breaks sound records.

It’s not a “fix all”, Lynch isn’t our savior but this has raised my hopes, hopes that were all but gone. For that reason alone, it’s “worth it” in my book.

Edit.
Morale, mind set, attitude, and chemistry go a long way in separating the good teams from the bad, this isn’t a fix all as I’ve already said but it can’t hurt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marshawn was just doing tequila shots with Raider fans in the parking lot last week, so I have serious doubts he's in good enough shape to come in here and effectively contribute, even with a low snap count.

I definitely get the team morale side of this, I'm sure he'd inject a ton of optimism and energy into that locker room after such a terrible loss.

But at this point? As long as we sign another RB with Marshawn that can actually be depended on for the most important game of the year? Then sure, bring his old out of shape ass in here, and let's see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts