Marker my words, Hawks playoff game will be the first one...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":hz43yxpm said:
hawksfansinceday1":hz43yxpm said:
MizzouHawkGal":hz43yxpm said:
Who do the Jets play? If they win Pittsburgh is out.
Buffalo. Rex Ryan has a chance to deny his former team the playoffs. Delicious.
By the way MHG, I believe it's the national morning/noon your time game on CBS.
If so, not bad. Interesting the KC/Oak game was moved back I think. Going to be moving so likely to miss most of it anyway.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3dxrn6cp said:
2Cool4School":3dxrn6cp said:
irocdave":3dxrn6cp said:
If RW wants to justify his contract he will pull this cards game out of his ass with zero help from the O line. I just don't see it happening with practice squad .
Wilson doesnt have to justify shit, hes aldready proven he deserves the contract.
He will NEVER be good enough for a certain group on these boards.
True. Look, I believe we're going to lose and lose big but the truth is if Wilson is on we have a real shot to win. He already proved he can carry the entire team several times. Most ended in wins.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheHawkster":11yb0ihg said:
If Pittsburgh gets in, they'll play Saturday night.
Much as I'd love it. There is only room for one team to be the Giants this year and they're not from Pennsylvania. There's unfinished business with some crap team from Boston methinks if Kansas City doesn't just annihilate them first.

el capitan

Reaction score
How can it be a disadvantage for the Hawks if whoever we play next week also has only six days to prepare?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
irocdave":3nbon5cs said:
Hawks are not the sexy matchup this year. Why would the NFL put them in prime time? Besides the media market concerns, the NFL knows that it cant predict how the Hawks will perform. Could be a blowout, could be a slow painful death (for Hawk fans). A large portion of the US would love to see the Hawks get knocked out of the playoffs, but this a double edged sword for the NFL. Hawks might be the Goliath slayer again. If I was the NFL, I would make the Hawks play an early Saturday game. If they upset their opponent, it is used as a source to watch the other games. If the Hawks lose, well, that's what was supposed to happen and lets talk about the better games.

Man, it's hard to say that. The Hawks have been the team that every playoff game discussion has revolved around for the last 3 years, but not this year. Hawks are going to have to dig deeper than they ever have to be a factor in this years playoffs. There are at least 3 teams in the NFC that appear to be much stronger than this years version of the Hawks.

Lets see how great RW, Sherman, E Thomas, Bennett, Baldwin and Lockett perform. If RW wants to justify his contract he will pull this cards game out of his ass with zero help from the O line. I just don't see it happening with practice squad running backs and coaches who still want to beat the dead horse of running the ball first even though the O line is in shambles and the Hawks don't have a legit running back able to play on the roster.

Dam, I think tomorrows game is going to be ugly. If Lynch and the crew aren't ready for the following week I think it will be more of the same.

The Seahawks are one of the biggest franchises in sports right now. It's not 2002 anymore. They will be on either Saturday night or Sunday.

The rest of your post has no bearing on playoff schedule.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TheHawkster":ag8srzn7 said:
If Pittsburgh gets in, they'll play Saturday night.

I think it's pretty doubtful, because Texans-Chiefs will be the least glamorous matchup of the 4 and the league doesn't put two games from the same conference on a playoff day. Not to mention, CBS is going to foam at the mouth for the possibility of a Steelers game in the Sunday window.

But never know, Vikes-Redskins could also draw that first playoff game spot to free up NBC on throwing the Steelers in there.

I think a Seahawks-Packers matchup would be the favorite though to land on Saturday night.

Willyeye

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":29ygq45j said:
2Cool4School":29ygq45j said:
irocdave":29ygq45j said:
If RW wants to justify his contract he will pull this cards game out of his ass with zero help from the O line. I just don't see it happening with practice squad .
Wilson doesnt have to justify shit, hes aldready proven he deserves the contract.
He will NEVER be good enough for a certain group on these boards.

I don't understand why anyone would question Wilson and his contract.

First off, Wilson isn't really making as much as the media makes people think. If you want to consider the contract a 4-year deal for $87.5 million, then he's only making $700,000 this year. He has MORE THAN JUSTIFIED that he's worth $700,000 for this year, not to mention that he doesn't need to justify his 4-year contract extension until next year.

Secondly, if you don't want to look at it like that, then Wilson is essentially in a 5-year contract for $88.5 million, which means he's making $17.7 million per year. If that's what he's making this year he has also justified that amount this year.

Having said all that, I am glad that the media is reporting it like a $22 million per year contract. That will wreak havoc for any team that's negotiating a new contract with a QB.