Mariners' wild 9th yields a win 'to remember'

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hahahahaha!!

• Haggerty, on scoring the go-ahead run: “As I see the ball drop, my first thought was, 'Keep us in the inning and stop the double play.' So I tried to get a throw home, they threw it home, and now I'm trying to stay in the rundown to get [Moore] to third, to get Julio to second and give us another chance. I turned my head and I didn't see anybody at home plate, and I went for it.”

• Rodríguez, on creating pressure on the basepaths: “I feel like that’s something we do really well. We take pride in that. If you hear our conversations all the time, we’re just talking about how proud we are when we run the bases. That’s just another way to make things happen. It’s really valuable because whenever guys like Sam, [Moore] and me are on the bases, you know [opposing pitchers] are thinking about it.”

• Mariners manager Scott Servais, on capitalizing:
“We caught a few breaks. You have to take advantage of them. We put ourselves in a position by the pitching and how we played to keep the game right there and create some havoc later on. I guess that’s ‘chaos ball’ at its finest.”

Angels manager Phil Nevin, on the Halos’ defense: "It was awful. We just made some bad decisions, some bad throws. We didn't execute a rundown. Yeah, it wasn't good."

Ruminator

Reaction score
I'm all for this kind of chaos in baseball! The kind that hurts the other team and helps the Ms!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The speed of the M's made them panic. It was a blast. You don't see the Mariners make a lot of dumb mistakes. They are a good team, Angels, not so much.