Mariners 2019 season

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I must admit I’m pleasantly shocked,,,,this battering ram the Ms have is unreal. Hopefully they don’t all cool at the same time. If they can put up 8+ runs on a regular basis it doesn’t matter if the pitching isn’t all world. It seems to be good enough.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Accidentally assembling an elite offense in a rebuilding year is such a Mariners move.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3uwwwuv4 said:
Accidentally assembling an elite offense in a rebuilding year is such a Mariners move.

Too true

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
A funny thing happened on the way to the rebuilding forum...

Unbelievable power the whole lineup with such great approaches at the plate. Kudos to Servais getting all 3 of the big guys in the lineup tonight. I actually can’t wait for the Houston series Friday-Really curious about how this team matches up against them and Cleveland after.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":39l1zh1i said:

Unbelievable power the whole lineup with such great approaches at the plate. Kudos to Servais getting all 3 of the big guys in the lineup tonight. I actually can’t wait for the Houston series next week-Really curious about how this team matches up against them.

I think this team can and will hit. 8 runs a game? No. I think we need bullpen.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":375zv0n7 said:
West TX Hawk":375zv0n7 said:

Unbelievable power the whole lineup with such great approaches at the plate. Kudos to Servais getting all 3 of the big guys in the lineup tonight. I actually can’t wait for the Houston series next week-Really curious about how this team matches up against them.

Don’t you wish we could somehow sign Kimbrel? I know on paper with the rebuild the logic says no (you also lose a compensatory pick if he signs before June 3) but it sure would be something if he were interested in coming here and Jerry pulled the trigger.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dang, they will be coming my way over the weekend and wouldn't ya just know it the Stro's have won 4 in a row after a shitty start.

Going to have to try and make the Sunday game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Okay I'm in, at least for now. We can get by with terrible fielding and pitching if we got this offense. I liked that Servais found a way to get all three big bats in the lineup yesterday. Bruce in the OF isn't ideal, but when you are scoring like we are, we can put him in the field.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":e6qp6alk said:
Shanegotyou11":e6qp6alk said:
West TX Hawk":e6qp6alk said:

Don’t you wish we could somehow sign Kimbrel? I know on paper with the rebuild the logic says no (you also lose a compensatory pick if he signs before June 3) but it sure would be something if he were interested in coming here and Jerry pulled the trigger.

Yea id love to sign kimbrel on a decent deal. I know its so early but listening to harold reynolds on mlb network, he believes the offense is sustainable. He said not homering every game but a solid offensive team.
He said same thing about shoring up the bullpen and defense and could be summer fun for seattle.

Chapow

Reaction score
This offense is nuts. I've never been this entertained by baseball before in my life. I was literally laughing out loud when they just kept piling on runs in the 6th last night.

Also, holy hell Gearrin is just a dumpster fire. That guy needs a hard reset. I don't know if that means sending him down to Tacoma for a bit or what, but good gawd man. There have gotta be better options.

DJrmb

Reaction score
This is fun to watch. I hope the "pitching and defense" style never comes back if we have to lose offense like this again. I forgot how fun it was to score like this...

sutz

Reaction score
One of the fun facts about the offense, the one game where we scored less than 5 runs, we won it 2-1. :mrgreen:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":285iwhaw said:
West TX Hawk":285iwhaw said:
Shanegotyou11":285iwhaw said:
West TX Hawk":285iwhaw said:

Yea id love to sign kimbrel on a decent deal. I know its so early but listening to harold reynolds on mlb network, he believes the offense is sustainable. He said not homering every game but a solid offensive team.
He said same thing about shoring up the bullpen and defense and could be summer fun for seattle.

Same for keuchel.

But to stay with philosophy youd have to:

A. Wait to June 3 and see if still available

B. Sign to two year deal and trade next season.

Probably both.