They left in ML 3 batters too long.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1cqwdygq said:
sutz":1cqwdygq said:
Apparently, we can beat up on the worst team in the league. :2thumbs:

And of course they Mariner it all up. From 10-3 to 10-9. :34853_doh:
They left in ML 3 batters too long.
Except he was getting the ground balls he is known for. A couple went through holes and JP whiffed on a pretty sure double play. Not all Leake's fault. At least the BP covered it. Elias was looking good last night. Nobody knows how long he can keep it up, though.

sutz

Reaction score
Time to jinx the sweep! :twisted:

Hey, took a road series against a top NL team. Smith and Crawford are tearing it up at the top of the order. Looks like they may have found a couple of arms in the bullpen. Adams gets a little wild, but pretty good stuff. Elias with a 6 out save. Guess he's probably not available today.

Leake can generally give us 6-7 good innings and hold it close, usually.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Seager and Beckham gotta go. Both have been in the league for a good number of years yet haven't broke through yet. No point in keeping them around.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":f7qazrbb said:
Seager and Beckham gotta go. Both have been in the league for a good number of years yet haven't broke through yet. No point in keeping them around.
Beckham being gone is easy.

Seager not so much. He is owed 19 million in 2020, 18 million in 2021, and for 2022 has a player option for 15-20
Million if he is traded. The Mariners would have to eat most of that if traded.

The Mariners hamstrung themselves when they signed him to a big long term long contract.
You can thank Jack Z for that contract.

I want Seager gone as much as you, but it ain’t happening.

sutz

Reaction score
Vogie makes the All Star Team. :irishdrinkers:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... star-team/

152304 768x512

HOUSTON — Daniel Vogelbach was sent down to the minor leagues on five separate occasions last year. Sunday, the Mariners first baseman/designated hitter was named an American League All-Star reserve.

A rapid rise, for sure, for the 26-year-old, who has 20 home runs and 48 RBI in his first full major-league season. Vogelbach is the only Mariners representative for the July 9 All-Star Game in Cleveland.

“Being an All-Star was never really something in the back of my mind in those times,” Vogelbach said Sunday. “Just trying to get an opportunity to play was No. 1. I want to prove them (Mariners) right for giving me the opportunity.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":2fyj64ng said:

152304 768x512

HOUSTON — Daniel Vogelbach was sent down to the minor leagues on five separate occasions last year. Sunday, the Mariners first baseman/designated hitter was named an American League All-Star reserve.

A rapid rise, for sure, for the 26-year-old, who has 20 home runs and 48 RBI in his first full major-league season. Vogelbach is the only Mariners representative for the July 9 All-Star Game in Cleveland.

“Being an All-Star was never really something in the back of my mind in those times,” Vogelbach said Sunday. “Just trying to get an opportunity to play was No. 1. I want to prove them (Mariners) right for giving me the opportunity.

Good for him! Though Santana should be there as well as the AL RBI leader.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3t15lted said:
sutz":3t15lted said:

152304 768x512

I agree. In fact, Vogey should just be in the HR Derby, not really the AS Game. There are better 1B/DH players out there. Oh well, it's about publicity more than actual playing anyway. I guess the Vogeybombs are getting a bit of play on the highlight shows, giving him press. Generally, there are many players out there that would deserve invitations to the AS Game that don't get to go. Vogey probably wouldn't be there either if they didn't have to bring in a Mariner, and there are several OF out there getting more props in the media than Santana.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":374leqfi said:
Sports Hernia":374leqfi said:
sutz":374leqfi said:

152304 768x512

I agree. In fact, Vogey should just be in the HR Derby, not really the AS Game. There are better 1B/DH players out there. Oh well, it's about publicity more than actual playing anyway. I guess the Vogeybombs are getting a bit of play on the highlight shows, giving him press. Generally, there are many players out there that would deserve invitations to the AS Game that don't get to go. Vogey probably wouldn't be there either if they didn't have to bring in a Mariner, and there are several OF out there getting more props in the media than Santana.
Santana probably has a good chance as an injury replacement though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Santana should be our All Star
Vog is a one trick pony.
I love that Adams guy out of the BP
can he start?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
IndyHawk":s04u3r2m said:
Vog is a one trick pony.
can he start?

Ummm....Santana is the worst outfielder in baseball speaking of 1 trick ponies. And Adams loaded the bases in the 9th his last outing.

People (Crizila) keep baming Servais, but holy shit, up 2 in the 9th and your 2 best relievers blow it. Yeah thats his fault.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1ap0proa said:
IndyHawk":1ap0proa said:
Vog is a one trick pony.
can he start?

Ummm....Santana is the worst outfielder in baseball speaking of 1 trick ponies. And Adams loaded the bases in the 9th his last outing.

People (Crizila) keep baming Servais, but holy shit, up 2 in the 9th and your 2 best relievers blow it. Yeah thats his fault.
You’re right on Santana’s defense, but as a couple of days ago he was leading the AL in rbi.
He is a very good hitter and if he played in the AS game it probably would be just to pinch hit anyhow.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":av7aiewj said:
XxXdragonXxX":av7aiewj said:
IndyHawk":av7aiewj said:
Vog is a one trick pony.
can he start?

You’re right on Santana’s defense, but as a couple of days ago he was leading the AL in rbi.
He is a very good hitter and if he played in the AS game it probably would be just to pinch hit anyhow.
A .240 hitter makes All Star just bugs me..I was thinking
of DS hitting when I made the comment..Can he play 1B?I know
both can DH..In reality do we have anyone that really is all star?
I hate that rule like everyone deserves a trophy.