Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
JKent82":2qvnut1y said:
FlyingGreg":2qvnut1y said:
lukerguy":2qvnut1y said:
I'm not sure this is accurate. He gets off the ball very quickly. It's not all about height/weight, speed- due to his former discus career, he has abnormally strong upper body which helps him with pass rushing techniques and getting off blocks. Watch the tape if you haven't. He really impressed me.

No, he doesn't. We'll agree to disagree. I have watched the tape, and he is a physical specimen - just not sure that he fits our scheme. As I said, he seems more suited as a 3-4. Where would he play on our DE? He's certainly not a LEO...

We need an immediate impact pass rusher. We don't have the time to waste on another project. He needs a lot of refinement, IMO.

Wouldn't he be more of a pass rushing option at Red's spot? Not sure how he would handle two gapping, but that seems like the spot for him. (I think my brain just wants him to be a JJ Watt clone).

I'm not sure he's physical enough in the run game, but he could be a very interesting prospect.

Kind of an aside but I think it's a bad idea for us to go for an immediate pass rusher. Personally I think we should draft higher upside D-lineman. Regardless of who we take it's probably gonna take a while, immediate impact DE/DT's don't exactly grow on trees. I think we should probably go FA to get a cheaper DE (Osi for example) and also get a DT (Starks etc). At the same time we should draft at least one more high D-lineman for the future (and now, but not a guy that HAS to be good this year). We need to build a good D-line, not try a quick fix through only the draft.

Of course if there's a pass rusher who will have an immediate impact and be even more kick ass as he develops that's awesome too haha. Just not as likely.

That's the whole interesting thing with this off-season...do we keep Red in place and continually not have a pass-rushing DE on the field, or do we switch it up?

I agree that FA may be a better option.

McGruff

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3bf6amul said:
[

That's the whole interesting thing with this off-season...do we keep Red in place and continually not have a pass-rushing DE on the field, or do we switch it up?

I agree that FA may be a better option.

The other DE would be a pass rushing option, no?

Plus, in Pete's defense the 3 tech is the second pass rusher, not the DE. We haven't received any PR from that spot.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Isn't Hunt already 25 years old? I think he will be 26 in July. i would much rather get a 21 0r 22 year old that will be with the team for 10 years or so rather than someone who will peak in 4-5 years and be gone. We have to be careful so we don't have this team age all at once.

seadoc

Reaction score
Yes he is 25 per wikipedia....

the hawaii bowl clip looked like boom or bust. Had a safety & several great plays but then on others just seemed really confused (yes I know he's only played for a few years). I think I'll say pass.

Latest posts