Manning linked to HGH

sc85sis

Reaction score
Just heard the guy who was their source wasn't actually a pharmacist, didn't work for the company in question at the time Peyton received treatment from the company and--here's the real kicker--now says he made it up.

Oops.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Unfortunately for him, state records indicate that he did work there in 2011. ESPN has checked and confirmed. Either way, the guy is definitely in trouble.
Records also indicate that Manning's wife was a patient at the clinic. Manning was asked about it and he said it is his wife's business. Which is true ... Manning has hired Arie Fleisher to manage his PR. Some of his former clients were people like Mike McGwire, Tiger Woods.
sc85sis":2fi2v7ic said:
Just heard the guy who was their source wasn't actually a pharmacist, didn't work for the company in question at the time Peyton received treatment from the company and--here's the real kicker--now says he made it up.

Oops.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If we knew the name of every NFL player who took HGH over the last 5 years...

If I was Manning, I would have. Trying to get nerves to regenerate during a lost season had to be an hard time for a great QB. And it wasn't like the league was even testing for it at the time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Manning's earned my respect by the way he's carried himself over his career to not jump to conclusions that aren't there.

Having said this, what makes me think there may be something to the story is how wildly specific the allegations are, with how the HGH was shipped, and more importantly who was involved. Some very random player names for this to ALL be BS. Why put in guys like Mike Neal, who 99% of fans don't even know? Stuff like that makes me think there's some credence here.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know the inside scoop on Manning's marriage?

Maybe the wife is playing a card? Did she plan this whole thing years ago by ordering HGH behind
his back, and now she's showing her leverage? Are they about to get into a messy divorce?
You notice how he completely distanced himself from his wife on these allegations. Hmmm.....

To the tune of the Nationwide commercial:
Wife is gonna ream me good.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2kcs6fyn said:

Maybe the wife is playing a card? Did she plan this whole thing years ago by ordering HGH behind
his back, and now she's showing her leverage? Are they about to get into a messy divorce?
You notice how he completely distanced himself from his wife on these allegations. Hmmm.....

that is the answer Manning gave that seemed very suspicious...not knowing what his wife ordered...not taking anything she may have got...anyone else catch that? Not a very good answer imo...then again some ppl thought Lance Armstrong didn't cheat either...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1w88dufr said:
HomerJHawk":1w88dufr said:

that is the answer Manning gave that seemed very suspicious...not knowing what his wife ordered...not taking anything she may have got...anyone else catch that? Not a very good answer imo...then again some ppl thought Lance Armstrong didn't cheat either...
It really wouldn't surprise me either way, though if he is truley innocent it really sucks.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16szt712 said:
Cyrus12":16szt712 said:
HomerJHawk":16szt712 said:

It really wouldn't surprise me either way, though if he is truley innocent it really sucks.

Absolutely. Dude's legacy is in jeapordy if this gets ugly.

Rob12

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2mmpvm58 said:

If I was Manning, I would have. Trying to get nerves to regenerate during a lost season had to be an hard time for a great QB. And it wasn't like the league was even testing for it at the time.

Absolutely, 100 percent agree.

Four neck surgeries, right? If I'm trying to get back to the job I love, I'm doing what I need to do (safely of course) to get back.

Not a real big fan of Peyton Manning. But if it's found out that he really did, I hope there's not a witch hunt. He was a HoF QB before his neck turned to glass.

Rob12

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2uq38hss said:
Sports Hernia":2uq38hss said:
Cyrus12":2uq38hss said:
HomerJHawk":2uq38hss said:

Absolutely. Dude's legacy is in jeapordy if this gets ugly.

Maybe, but it shouldn't be. Manning has one of the most unathletic QB bodies I've ever seen. Long, lanky, soft. If he was taking HGH, I think it was strictly for his neck so he could continue to play the game he loves for a few more years.

His legacy isn't in question for me.

One of the top 5-7 best QB's ever, who rarely got it done in the playoffs. Still a HoF career.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I believe I heard that it wasn't even a banned substance during the time he was alleged to have taken it. Furthermore, I also heard it's a healing enhancer, not a performance enhancer. If those things are true, I'm fine with it if he did do it to heal his neck. Just wish he'd be honest though I get why he isn't (if true).

Happypuppy

Reaction score
If Manning used HGH for assistance with healing I view that differently than using a PED.

hawk45

Reaction score
There is no bright line between healing and performance. Steroids are used for healing as well.
Better recovery from injury happens at the same time as better recovery from workouts, allowing more gains than would otherwise accrue.
So whether the intent was to recover from an injury or not, it is still a PED.
I acknowledge that the intent was different from a guy with no injury who just decided to improve his performance, I'm just saying that a PED is a PED.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Al Jazeera wanted free advertising for their TV Station.

ESPN fell hook, line and sinker for this bogus story.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I have a ton of respect for Peyton Manning, especially after the class he exuded following his blowout loss in SB XLVIII. The guy is the sort of person I would use as an example for good sportsmanship, on the field. Off the field, though, these guys are professionals who play a game for a living. If they need HGH (by doctor's recommendation), to recover from injury faster, I say we should let them have it. It's nobody else's business. A guy at Peyton's age, going through multiple neck surgeries to repair nerve damage, using HGH to speed along recovery, is hardly a cardinal sin in my eyes.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Agree with the above post. It's clearly not a "cardinal sin," it's a "bronco sin."

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":pq1l9aye said:
Scottemojo":pq1l9aye said:

Absolutely, 100 percent agree.

Four neck surgeries, right? If I'm trying to get back to the job I love, I'm doing what I need to do (safely of course) to get back.

Not a real big fan of Peyton Manning. But if it's found out that he really did, I hope there's not a witch hunt. He was a HoF QB before his neck turned to glass.
I really hate cheats but in PM's case if he did that just to recover in that period of time(surgeries) I'd let that pass but thats the only acceptable case to me

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anybody who's seen the guy run knows that he's not gaining a competitive advantage from HGH. If he used it to improve healing after his surgery, don't care even one little bit.

Though I tend to believe that he probably didn't use HGH. Seems like a pretty "do it on my own" kind of guy but if he did, I'm alright with it.

massari

Reaction score
I'd bet over 50% of NFL players are on some sort of performance enhancer.