"Mac Teaches Blitz Patterns"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought this was a cool article explaining in part Mac's D principles...

“Macdonald teaches blitz patterns,” Nguyen said. “So he’s teaching, ‘OK, instead of this linebacker blitzing the A-gap, this player has to blitz in this A-gap. And if this player blitzes this A-gap, then this player on the weak side has to drop.’ Everybody kind of knows what each other is doing, so you could change up the front and you could change up which player is doing which job. … They’re just really learning the blitz as a whole, and that way everybody’s interchangeable.

“For the defense, it’s very inexpensive,” he added, “because we’re learning this one pressure pattern and they could run it from 10 different presentations. So for the offense, they have to prepare for 10 different blitzes potentially, whereas the defense is like, ‘We’re just running this one thing out of different presentations, because the way we learned it, we could easily switch things up.'”

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I read this the other day and things like this are why I highly believe we will have more wins than last year and at least split with the whiners and be in contention for winning the division
We are however in a very tough division so itll be fun

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
That's not going to help at all. Pretty sure Blitz is prohibited from taking the field whenever the clock is running, so any patterns he learns from Mac will be worthless.
And shouldn't Blitz know patterns by now? They teach that stuff in preschool. It wouldn't be the greatest look if he didn't know what squares, circles, etc...were!

toffee

Reaction score
I read this the other day and things like this are why I highly believe we will have more wins than last year and at least split with the whiners and be in contention for winning the division
We are however in a very tough division so itll be fun
With our embarrassing defense, Seahawks 2023 won 9 games, with young Macdonald's walls, blitzing systems, and addition of Macdonald players, a 12 wins season is within reach.

Go Hawks.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I agree, but not with the number 12. I see a significant improvement. Offense is for show, Defense is what I love to watch. Well, Defense and hard charging running games. That kind of sounds like early Carroll Hawk teams. That was the formula, why was it veered away from? Ask Pete...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's not going to help at all. Pretty sure Blitz is prohibited from taking the field whenever the clock is running, so any patterns he learns from Mac will be worthless.
Macdonald is widely known as one of the best young defensive minds in the football. Why in the world would anyone automatically assume that it won't work?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Macdonald is widely known as one of the best young defensive minds in the football. Why in the world would anyone automatically assume that it won't work?
I am sure the scheme is solid and tested. However, any scheme is only as good as the players you have to execute it. That’s what remains to be seen. We have some good roster improvements on the DL.

Latest posts