Lynch doesn't practice for "personal" reasons???

Sign37now

Reaction score
Just saw on NFL network bottom scroll that 24 didn't practice for personal reasons? WTF? Any insights on this? First I've heard...?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Most likely he had some personal stuff to attend to. Happens all the time, players have family issues that were important such was a sick mother so coaches let them take care of it.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Lynch barely practiced at all last season. It worked out pretty well. Don't worry about it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
So did Adrian Petersen. I'm just assuming the two of them were off somewhere getting some genetic work up done so they can create the perfect NFL RB in a test tube or something.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Pretty much they're just giving him time off, with how much they use him its pretty smart, you never know when a RB even Lynch or Peterson (no matter how invincible they seem) will fall off.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Seanhawk":cfm4nhh9 said:
So did Adrian Petersen. I'm just assuming the two of them were off somewhere getting some genetic work up done so they can create the perfect NFL RB in a test tube or something.

Early reports are that boyfriend of AP's baby's mom choked the child and is in serious condition at a hospital. (Twitter)

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Lynch not practicing much is like Felix Hernandez struggling in Spring Training...much ado about nothing.

We'd know if there was a serious/real Marshawn situation. It's already been said, but Pete also strategically gives guys days off throughout the season to keep fresh.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Allen-Iverson.png

SonicHawk

Reaction score
When you run like Lynch does in games, what the hell is practice going to do?

As long as he is still studying film and doing walkthroughs I don't care at all.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1rpjmp25 said:

If there was ever a reason for gay marriage...

Imagine the offspring those two would have. He would have a scholarship to every school before he was born.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Actually, this isn't new at all. I've been keeping fairly close tabs on the Injury Reports every week ... and for the past 3 or 4 weeks Lynch hasn't practiced on Wednesdays (reason listed as Non-Injury Related.) If you'll notice though, he DID practice on Thursday (full participant.) That's been the pattern. In fact, I've seen that same pattern in relation to several other veterans as well (Bennett and Mebane are a couple that come to mind.) So, my best guess is that this is simply Carroll's way of keeping Marshawn fresh for game day. I wouldn't get too excited about that.

chrispy

Reaction score
Difference between this and last season is that there's no MRob practicing every day and making reads during the game.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":10f1dr66 said:
Lynch barely practiced at all last season. It worked out pretty well. Don't worry about it.

Yeah I noticed this last year too. I was also worried it was going to effect his game, but yeah it didn't. But you know, you always wonder...had he practiced more, would he have been even more productive?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1vyrdm6l said:
Seanhawk":1vyrdm6l said:

If there was ever a reason for gay marriage...

Imagine the offspring those two would have. He would have a scholarship to every school before he was born.

Someone with AP's speed, cuts, reads and Marshawn's ability to break through like 6 tackles. You wouldn't need a QB.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
seahawk 17":ujgejdv9 said:
Seanhawk":ujgejdv9 said:

Early reports are that boyfriend of AP's baby's mom choked the child and is in serious condition at a hospital. (Twitter)

:shock: Please tell me this is joke..It's too F-ed up to believe.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lynch almost never practiced last year and was always listed with back spasms or other back-related "problems". Papa Pete wants Lynch to still be completely effective at the age of 30, it ain't no thang.

Teqneek

Reaction score
chrispy":1wtjk70p said:
Difference between this and last season is that there's no MRob practicing every day and making reads during the game.

Which normally helped lynch... 6 times a game eh? Wooo those reads..

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Teqneek":3h235bxs said:
chrispy":3h235bxs said:

Which normally helped lynch... 6 times a game eh? Wooo those reads..

1 more great play would have won the Indy game. Wooo those reads..
Robinson had 3 touchdowns last year, forced two fumbles, and had 10 first downs on 12 rush attempts. I think he did a little more than plow ground for Lynch on 20 percent of Seattle's offensive snaps.

You're right, he won't be missed at all. Coleman is clearly doing way more.

Latest posts