Lynch, Baldwin and now Earl

seabowl

Reaction score
I get that Earl wanted a new deal but to flip the bird to his coach/team just shows that you cannot let players do what they want and get away with it. It started with allowing Marshawn to get away with it and then Doug and now Earl. I would think that Earl thought he could do this knowing that Marshawn and Doug had both done it before. I mentioned in another post last week that management in any job or industry cannot let employees do what they want without consequences. What does someone like Penny , Flowers or Shaqueem think when they see this? Today was just another reason and example why moving on from players that act like this is unfortunately the right move.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seabowl":29xjhkl6 said:
I get that Earl wanted a new deal but to flip the bird to his coach/team just shows that you cannot let players do what they want and get away with it. It started with allowing Marshawn to get away with it and then Doug and now Earl. I would think that Earl thought he could do this knowing that Marshawn and Doug had both done it before. I mentioned in another post last week that management in any job or industry cannot let employees do what they want without consequences. What does someone like Penny , Flowers or Shaqueem think when they see this? Today was just another reason and example why moving on from players that act like this is unfortunately the right move.

YES! Finally some true insight into the process that very much decimated a once-proud and WINNING organization.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Think about places you've worked and how one negative person can totally ruin the whole environment. Then the negativity spreads like a plague.

This might be one example of how Pete is more cut out for coaching college. If he can't control a player's bad attitude, at least they'll eventually graduate or get drafted.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
minormillikin":ewfbo4j3 said:
Think about places you've worked and how one negative person can totally ruin the whole environment. Then the negativity spreads like a plague.

This might be one example of how Pete is more cut out for coaching college. If he can't control a player's bad attitude, at least they'll eventually graduate or get drafted.

Yup. Our years of dominance was roughly four years.

Pete is a cyclical type style. One the guys catch on and start to tune him out, they would graduation/move on.

Tougher to pull that off in the NFL and after that 4-year cycle, it seems he was having an increasingly difficult time getting guys to buy in. Newbies were likely pulled aside by the vets and 'brought up to speed' regarding their views on Pete/Russ/etc., and as such, there was less and less by-in to the system.

All just speculation of course.

Of course...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So... youre suggesting that a young team playing above its head and with little in vet leadership has also been "brought up to speed" by those same vets against their coach theyre currently playing hard for.

Your contradictions have no limits.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2bfnsfnw said:
So... youre suggesting that a young team playing above its head and with little in vet leadership has also been "brought up to speed" by those same vets against their coach theyre currently playing hard for.

Post refers to past-tense scenarios. Please review so you can reply when better informed.

(Who let him in here?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seabowl":lkszyv84 said:

The bird shot at the sideline is not playing well on other team boards as well.

Hope that isn't the final lasting impression of Earl's time as a Seahawk but if it is it was self-inflicted.

Sad.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2s8754hf said:
Uncle Si":2s8754hf said:

Post refers to past-tense scenarios. Please review so you can reply when better informed.

Youre inferring a cycle. Did the cycle stop? Go back and review so you can support your contradictions.

Dont backtrack now.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2kfp2u7c said:
semiahmoo":2kfp2u7c said:
Uncle Si":2kfp2u7c said:

Youre inferring a cycle. Did the cycle stop? Go back and review so you can support your contradictions.

Dont backtrack now.

See: implied.

Now start over.

GO HAWKS!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So you have no support for statements you make that contradict not just ones youre making in other threads but this one here.

Basically.. youre talking nonsense.. in quantity.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
seabowl":28kqude2 said:
Today was just another reason and example why moving on from players that act like this is unfortunately the right move.

Or they could move on from the coach that facilitates that type of behavior.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3jwtv8zo said:
seabowl":3jwtv8zo said:
Today was just another reason and example why moving on from players that act like this is unfortunately the right move.

My impression of PC is he expects more loyalty and accountability from his players than they are willing to give... when things aren't going well

Not sure who is to blame there

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3g5sbzit said:
seabowl":3g5sbzit said:

If the coach is unwilling or incapable of holding players accountable then I would have to agree.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seabowl":3v7zrkbz said:
pittpnthrs":3v7zrkbz said:
seabowl":3v7zrkbz said:

If the coach is unwilling or incapable of holding players accountable then I would have to agree.

Indeed and likely a primary cause of this team's decline. (Many other factors of course but PC's inability to keep a team together/focused beyond a 3-4 year cycle is likely among among the most critical.)

peppersjap

Reaction score
My lasting impression of Earl will be the fact that he has been flipping off the organization ever since Dallas last year. This one was just more graphic. Even though he had 3 interceptions this year (2 of which were on tips) it appeared to me his heart wasn't in it here. On more than one occasion this year you could see him snubbing Pete when he would come up to him.

I loved the Super Bowl team but a lot of them ended up very unlikeable players. I miss Avril, Kam, Tate and Sherman to an extent but as far as Lynch, Bennett and now Thomas good riddance!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1dcvpfsk said:
seabowl":1dcvpfsk said:

BIngo.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
You do realize all teams are cyclical in their fortunes, right? I mean, no offense but no team remains great for much longer than 4-5 years. Many teams flash for only one year then fall apart.

As for Earl. Good riddance you ungrateful bugger.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Looks like a little adversity really brings out the quitters and losers. I thought Seattle was better than this, It looks like I misjudged the fans up here...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but it seems more appropriate in this one...

Quote from Bobby Wagner on Earl’s gesture - Wagner said he didn't think anything of Thomas' gesture and referenced how his teammate floated the idea of retirement after his 2016 broken leg while making the point that players sometimes act emotionally.

"I think we play a very, very emotional game, and I think sometimes you've got to allow people to have their emotions, have their feelings," Wagner said. "Last time he got hurt like this, he retired, and obviously he didn't retire. So you've got to let guys have their emotions. I don't think nothing of it. I think he has a long road ahead of him if it's the injury that he suspects. We're going to have his back and we're going to support him and we're going to be here for him."

Here’s link to the full article - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2485 ... carted-off