Lynch and Seahawks Agree to New 3 yr, $31 mil Deal

Basis4day

Reaction score
tacomahawk":l9r3sb0x said:
So is this an extention adding a year, or a restructure of his existing last year?

ESPN is the only one commenting on specifics and there calling it a one year deal, not an extension, in other words he would be a FA after next season.

Might end up being an extension with additional years, but who knows. Wait and see mode.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/573965363852877824[/tweet]

crosfam

Reaction score
I think if he would have ran it in for the win - he would have walked away from the game. But of course, 11 million might be worth it to come back for one more year. We will have to run Turbin/Michael more to keep him rested and keep the back healthy.

One of these running backs needs to be a PR/KR. (Christine M - can you do this?) I bet it will be a mid-round draftee.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":16qpbb5v said:
Sgt. Largent":16qpbb5v said:
SuperFreak":16qpbb5v said:
The one-year deal is worth $11 million, including a $1 million base salary, a $9 million signing bonus and a $1 million roster bonus, a source told ESPN's John Clayton.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12434 ... e-seahawks

Interesting, most people thought it'd be a two year deal with most of the guaranteed money in the first year.

Does this mean Lynch has pretty much told John and Pete he's done after this year?

Well his current deal ran through the end of the year.. so I'd imagine a one-year extension really just pays him for 2015 and leaves open the door for 2016 if he so chooses

Or maybe I'm way off. Who knows.

This my train of thought as well. But I tend not to trust reported cap structure sources until the deal is signed.

Basis4day

Reaction score
PFT is claiming Lynch is set to meet with FO at 2pm PT (5 ago).

So it sounds like a deal maybe agreed to verbally, but not official until signed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
But wait, I thought Lynch was going to hold the team hostage til the last minute and refuse to sign before Free Agency?

I gotta stop believing everything I read :lol:

Greenhell

Reaction score
Redemption season 2015 starts after he signs. :th2thumbs:

titan3131

Reaction score
If you're having Running back problems I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a LYNCH ain't one

Jville

Reaction score
Agent Doug Hendrickson has said on Twitter, and he has separately told PFT, that no agreement is in place. Hendrickson acknowledge that the two sides are negotiating.

“There is no deal,” Hendrickson said. “We are talking.”

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/21/no-marshawn-lynch-deal-yet/[/urltargetblank]

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kidhawk":18fjgrb9 said:
But wait, I thought Lynch was going to hold the team hostage til the last minute and refuse to sign before Free Agency?

Well FA does begin tomorrow...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":1c47zwd8 said:
Agent Doug Hendrickson has said on Twitter, and he has separately told PFT, that no agreement is in place. Hendrickson acknowledge that the two sides are negotiating.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/21/no-marshawn-lynch-deal-yet/[/urltargetblank]

Probably why Allen was called up from his private submarine and head to dry land.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jville":2ce97gcg said:

One thing about negotiations, a player rarely flies in for no deal. If he's coming, they are close enough that he feels good about getting it done. Obviously there is no deal til the ink hits the paper with his signature, but him flying in is the next closest thing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1lqgs039 said:
kidhawk":1lqgs039 said:

Well FA does begin tomorrow...

Not really. Teams can speak to agents tomorrow, but nobody can sign a deal. Free Agency starts on the 10th.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Jville":2g30vr6y said:

To be fair that link is from Feb 21...even the new post from PFT is that it's expected to be done today.

chawx

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29psb6z9 said:
Jville":29psb6z9 said:

Probably why Allen was called up from his private submarine and head to dry land.

You mean, "called down from his private island in the Sea of Tranquility on the moon"

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a non-extension extension before. If this doesn't tack on an extra year, then it's just a huge pay raise. Weird, though it might be best for Lynch who is entering Brett Favre retirement hijinks territory.

Why the non-extension? My guess would be it is what Lynch wants. Why? I have no idea. But from Seattle's perspective this deal makes no sense other than to placate Lynch in the very short term.

If Lynch is still set to be a FA next Spring, then there is little reason why this signing should prevent Seattle from drafting a Lynch-type in the upcoming draft.

Latest posts