LYDIA CRUZ NOV 1 B&S

ivotuk

Reaction score
THE BLITZ WITH LYDIA CRUZ --- November 1, 2018

Five Seahawks did not practice yesterday including KJ Wright, DJ Fluker and Bradley McDougald.

Pete Carroll explained why QB Philip Rivers has had their number over the years.

The head coach also commented on the release of Brandon Marshall, the news on Mychal Kendricks and the passing of former Seahawks HC Jack Patera.

The UW MBB team has their final exhibition tune-up tonight and Mike Hopkins wants to make sure his team does not underestimate any opponent.

Later in the hour, Seahawks rookie CB Tre Flowers on making the transition from safety.

The show wraps with The Hot List... Maryland fired DJ Durkin one day after his reinstatement, Urban Meyer's health issues and Brady vs Rodgers 2018.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... Lydia+Cruz

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Listening to BG&T from yesterday, they were talking about sacks per team. Turns out it's not a great indicator of success this year.

"Arizona is in a 4 way tie for 2nd with 24 sacks. Baltimore leads the NFL with 27 and Seattle has 19"

2nd place Arizona, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Denver

Rams and Philly 22

New England Patriots? 29th in the league with 12 sacks.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
BROCK AND SALK -- November 1, 2018 - Hour 1

What's been the biggest reason for the Huskies disappointing 6-3 record? It is more on coaching, performance, or unreasonable expectation?

At 7:30 - the Mariners are stuck in the middle and Salk is not about to stand for that.

Blue 42 - what has Philip Rivers to find success against the Seahawks?

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
BROCK AND SALK -- November 1, 2018 - Hour 2

Husky fans join the conversation about what's gone wrong in this 6-3 season.

Should Chris Petersen be taking more blame and accountability for the struggles we've seen from this offense?

Good News/Bad News/No News - truly unbelievable sound from an NFL head coach

November 1, 2018 - Hour 3

Brock & Salk take a spin Around the NFL. Which AFC teams are for real? Who will be the long term starter in Tampa? Who will be the next coach in Cleveland?

At 9:30 - sound that demonstrates the growth of Bobby Wagner and a fresh batch of Mean Tweets.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2xe24i45 said:
My favorite part of B&S is when Clayton comes on.

My favorite 710 show is Danny, Dave and Moore.

I Love Wyman. Dave Moore can be funny, and ask some awkward questions, but occassionally he has these non-negotiable opinions that I'm not sure he has researched.

For example, John Clayton was in and Dave Moore was talking about the movie Concussion. He asked Clayton if he was going to go see the movie, to which John said "no." Moore got all worked up about it and sounded like was mad at Clayton for not being interested in the movie. It was awkward...

But mostly I like him. :)

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
JOHN CLAYTON
November 1, 2018 - Hour 1

In the top 5, John discusses the passing of the Seahawks first coach; Jack Patera, the Seahawks injury report, UW basketball kicking off with an exhibition game tonight, the University of Maryland firing D.J. Durkin a day after reinstating him, and

The sad matchup of the Raiders and 49ers in Thursday Night Football tonight.

Then, we go Under Further Review of Michael Robinson's comments that Russell's hamstring injury may have helped the offensive line find it's identity.

Plus, Geoff Schwartz of Action Network joins the Professor to break down the biggest games of the week.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... hn+Clayton

November 1, 2018 - Hour 2

In the Report Card we grade some outrageous claims by John Gruden and Greg Williams, then

Brian Baldinger joins the Professor to break down the Seahawks offensive line improvement.

Plus we take your text questions and the Groz and John discuss the approaching college basketball season.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... hn+Clayton

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ecua050 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2ecua050 said:

I Love Wyman. Dave Moore can be funny, and ask some awkward questions, but occassionally he has these non-negotiable opinions that I'm not sure he has researched.

For example, John Clayton was in and Dave Moore was talking about the movie Concussion. He asked Clayton if he was going to go see the movie, to which John said "no." Moore got all worked up about it and sounded like was mad at Clayton for not being interested in the movie. It was awkward...

Lol, I remember that!

He seemed upset Clayton did not care for it!

Clayton loves football (I am assuming) and has made his living working with the sport, so it's in Clayton's best interest to see football continue to prosper.

Moore, I thought should realize that...

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":11hacnkc said:
ivotuk":11hacnkc said:
TheLegendOfBoom":11hacnkc said:

Lol, I remember that!

He seemed upset Clayton did not care for it!

Clayton loves football (I am assuming) and has made his living working with the sport, so it's in Clayton's best interest to see football continue to prosper.

Moore, I thought should realize that...

It's almost as if Moore thought that the movie was a documentary. I know it was based on some actual history, but IMHO it's impossible to tell what's fact in a movie, and what's blown out of proportion in order to add drama (which = box office success).

They could have based such a movie on the concussion work of any academic, but they chose the guy they chose because that's the story they wanted to tell.

I think Jim Moore's weird view of the world and propensity for putting it out there at the oddest times is what makes him interesting.