Luck was great. The officiating was the worst i've seen.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Bartmuley":2nio5rmm said:
The Seahawks are a good team but the hype they got before this year and the trash Seahawks fans were (some obviously still are) talking were absurd.

And now we're getting to the real reason for the late visits and the hanging around the board after the game. :roll:

And he joined after the game... Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:21 pm

What an insecure bunch.

Polaris

Reaction score
Bartmuley":1wvz4fxv said:
twisted_steel2":1wvz4fxv said:
Yea, that's a good one. :)

It's kind of how I imagine Indy fans after the game. Just so hyped they beat us, just geeking out.

But seriously some of the Indy fans have been great, but I've never seen a handful of fans we have no connection with just hang around after a loss just being an annoyance. It's like they're upset we didn't praise them enough after the game, insecure bunch. Ok lurkers... Lucks a good QB, I like your defense. What more do you want?

You caught us with a beat up o-line, no TE, and on the road a second straight week. Enjoy your W. We'll catch you later.

The Colts "caught" you banged up?

Huh.

Good thing the Colts didnt have any injuries I guess. Or never have to go on the road. I also love the old "blame the refs" routine going around here.

Another way of putting what happened is the Colts beat the Seahawks.

The Seahawks are a good team but the hype they got before this year and the trash Seahawks fans were (some obviously still are) talking were absurd.

You guys have a good team. You got beat by a good team. It happens.

As I said in another thread, I am dissapointed but not that upset about the loss. These things happen. That said if I were a Colts fan, I would simply smile and nod and take the "W". No one here (that I can tell) is saying you didn't 'earn' it, but I watched the entire game, and it seemed pretty clear to me that the Colts got some VERY fortuitious breaks (that yes they capalized on like good teams do) including some officiating that seemed to me to be slanted in favor of the Colts. I am not saying the Colts didn't win or aren't a good team. However, I believe (based on what I say) that if that same game could be played 100 times, Seattle would win it 70 times out of 100. I will also agree that Seattle got away with one in Houston.

So if I were a Colt's fan, I'd smile and nod and take the "W" like we did (for the most part) last week with the Texans. All JIMHO.

Polaris

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1pv2qkw9 said:
Bartmuley":1pv2qkw9 said:

And now we're getting to the real reason for the late visits and the hanging around the board after the game. :roll:

What an insecure bunch.

Actually that might be my join time. Although I've just joined, I have lurked for a long time now. I guess what I am saying is that it's possible he was a lurker for a while too.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Polaris":2mxmrlh9 said:
twisted_steel2":2mxmrlh9 said:
Bartmuley":2mxmrlh9 said:

What an insecure bunch.

Actually that might be my join time. Although I've just joined, I have lurked for a long time now. I guess what I am saying is that it's possible he was a lurker for a while too.

Yea he might have lurked, I'm just saying as an opposing fan, he signed up and talked after the game, after a win. Cuts down on potentially having to come back and eat crow right? Weak.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
Polaris":37jxzv1d said:
Bartmuley":37jxzv1d said:
twisted_steel2":37jxzv1d said:
Yea, that's a good one. :)

It's kind of how I imagine Indy fans after the game. Just so hyped they beat us, just geeking out.

But seriously some of the Indy fans have been great, but I've never seen a handful of fans we have no connection with just hang around after a loss just being an annoyance. It's like they're upset we didn't praise them enough after the game, insecure bunch. Ok lurkers... Lucks a good QB, I like your defense. What more do you want?

You caught us with a beat up o-line, no TE, and on the road a second straight week. Enjoy your W. We'll catch you later.

The Colts "caught" you banged up?

Huh.

Good thing the Colts didnt have any injuries I guess. Or never have to go on the road. I also love the old "blame the refs" routine going around here.

Another way of putting what happened is the Colts beat the Seahawks.

You guys have a good team. You got beat by a good team. It happens.

As I said in another thread, I am dissapointed but not that upset about the loss. These things happen. That said if I were a Colts fan, I would simply smile and nod and take the "W". No one here (that I can tell) is saying you didn't 'earn' it, but I watched the entire game, and it seemed pretty clear to me that the Colts got some VERY fortuitious breaks (that yes they capalized on like good teams do) including some officiating that seemed to me to be slanted in favor of the Colts. I am not saying the Colts didn't win or aren't a good team. However, I believe (based on what I say) that if that same game could be played 100 times, Seattle would win it 70 times out of 100. I will also agree that Seattle got away with one in Houston.

So if I were a Colt's fan, I'd smile and nod and take the "W" like we did (for the most part) last week with the Texans. All JIMHO.

And if I were a Seahawks fan I'd show some class and just acknowledge you got beat.

This stuff about 70/100? Congrats on the Seahawks being 70-30 in games played in your head I guess.

The Seahawks don't impress me. They're a good team but they barely beat Houston the week before and then lost to the Colts. They certainly didnt live up to the hype, just like the 49ers.

Polaris

Reaction score
Bartmuley":3bs4vilr said:
And if I were a Seahawks fan I'd show some class and just acknowledge you got beat.

This stuff about 70/100? Congrats on the Seahawks being 70-30 in games played in your head I guess.

The Seahawks don't impress me. They're a good team but they barely beat Houston the week before and then lost to the Colts. They certainly didnt live up to the hype, just like the 49ers.

Um, has anyone said differently? No one is saying that the Colts didn't win, and no one is saying that the Colts are a bad team, but if you are trying to tell us that the Colts weren't the beneficiaries of some very opportune breaks that ultimately decided the game, and if you are trying to tell us that the Colts in fact played better than Seattle, well, sorry, I'm not buying it. BTW Football outsiders using DVOA does in fact do these simulations.

Now if you want to say that we barely beat Houston the week before, fine. I admit that. I think most of us do. All I am suggesting is while you should feel pleased with your win and no one is asking the Colts to give it back (a silly notion), I merely think that a smile and a nod (esp around here) might serve you better. That's all and it's just my unvarnished and not-so-humble opinion. All I am asking is for you to admit what should be obvious (and was to many national writers judging from the power rankings today). The Colts got lucky. That in no way makes it a 'lesser' Win. A win is a win.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2t4ics5g said:
Polaris":2t4ics5g said:
twisted_steel2":2t4ics5g said:
Bartmuley":2t4ics5g said:

What an insecure bunch.

Yea he might have lurked, I'm just saying as an opposing fan, he signed up and talked after the game, after a win. Cuts down on potentially having to come back and eat crow right? Weak.

I didnt "lurk" lol.

I don't give a crap about the Seahawks. I just came here because we just played and I was curious what excuses Seahawks fans had.

Believe me, the only reason I'm here is I work in ND and have the day off lol. Not much to do in North Dakota.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
Polaris":1usajmi8 said:
Bartmuley":1usajmi8 said:

Um, has anyone said differently? No one is saying that the Colts didn't win, and no one is saying that the Colts are a bad team, but if you are trying to tell us that the Colts weren't the beneficiaries of some very opportune breaks that ultimately decided the game, and if you are trying to tell us that the Colts in fact played better than Seattle, well, sorry, I'm not buying it. BTW Football outsiders using DVOA does in fact do these simulations.

Now if you want to say that we barely beat Houston the week before, fine. I admit that. I think most of us do. All I am suggesting is while you should feel pleased with your win and no one is asking the Colts to give it back (a silly notion), I merely think that a smile and a nod (esp around here) might serve you better. That's all and it's just my unvarnished and not-so-humble opinion. All I am asking is for you to admit what should be obvious (and was to many national writers judging from the power rankings today). The Colts got lucky. That in no way makes it a 'lesser' Win. A win is a win.

Ummm, why do people write out "ummm"? "Ummm" is a sound that is made when people talk and they're trying to think of what to say lol. It serves no purpose when written. I mean I know you're trying to be clever by wriing it out but its just silly.

And you did jut barely beat Houston. You barely beat Carolina. You lost to the Colts.

I'm happy to smile and nod while pointing out the Colts beat the Seahawks. The Colts didnt "get lucky" they won lol. They took it to the Seahawks. It happens.

Enjoy your "power polls" lol. Ill stick with checking out the standings. Polls are for college.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Colts won, and you should be happy. I don't think you could say they "took it to the Seahawks" considering Seattle had 100 more yards of O than Indy did, but if that's your standard.... If anyone "took it to the Seahawks" it was the officials. Colts got the win though, and it's over. I won't say the Colts got lucky, they made plays when they needed to, and when they didn't they had some help. It happens.

So congrats, be thankful, and go check your standings.

And, ummm, be gone.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":15xuj39d said:
Bartmuley":15xuj39d said:
I didnt "lurk" lol.

I don't give a crap about the Seahawks.

Yet here you are. ;)

Yup. Still don't give a crap about the Seahawks other than when the Colts play them.

Do I need to remind you the Colts and Seahawks just played?

The Colts won (BTW, for the other guy who told me I should just smile and nod, I am indeed smiling as I write that).

Polaris

Reaction score
Bartmuley":1pd67ujn said:
Ummm, why do people write out "ummm"? "Ummm" is a sound that is made when people talk and they're trying to think of what to say lol. It serves no purpose when written. I mean I know you're trying to be clever by wriing it out but its just silly.

And you did jut barely beat Houston. You barely beat Carolina. You lost to the Colts.

Carolina was a struggle, that is true, but satistically Carolina is a lot better than their record indicates and Seattle DID beat Carolina both on the scoreboard and statistically as well. I'll give you Houston. Not Carolina. Yes, the Colts got the 'W', but Seattle on the field was the better team. The Colts got some VERY opportune breaks. Now that's football and that's the way it works, but don't try to tell me that the Colts were anything other than fortunate to get the W...and don't try to tell me that the Colts 'beat' the 'hawks in anyway but the scoreboard (which we've all granted). We've all said the Colts were a good team. But remember "any given Sunday" definately applied here.

I'm happy to smile and nod while pointing out the Colts beat the Seahawks. The Colts didnt "get lucky" they won lol. They took it to the Seahawks. It happens.

No they didn't. They WON, yes, but Russell Wilson himself got only five less yards than the entire Colt's offense and both Wilson and Lynch had over 100 yards rushing. That's not "taking it to Seattle" by any means. I also point out that a blocked FG returned for a touchdown is almost pure luck (and you may see one or two in the entire NFL in a season). That alone was the difference in the game (and a 10 point swing). The Safety vs TD was a five point swing, and that's not even talking about all the other factors (like the slanted officiating).

Now all of this is football, but don't pretend you kicked us up and down the field back to Seattle when you didn't. You DID beat the Niners that way. Not us.

Enjoy your "power polls" lol. Ill stick with checking out the standings. Polls are for college.

I would look at Football Outsiders. They have the best statistical breakdowns for the entire NFL of just about anywhere. As for the standings, last I checked we were both 4-1 so I wouldn't say much more about that either.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
Polaris":2g9840xo said:
Bartmuley":2g9840xo said:

You know what's funny, you just mentioned the "power rankings" and there is a big link to them on ESPNs front page.

I clicked And Seahawks are 5th............anyone want to guess who's 4th?

Polaris

Reaction score
Bartmuley":euowrcs1 said:
twisted_steel2":euowrcs1 said:
Bartmuley":euowrcs1 said:
I didnt "lurk" lol.

Yet here you are. ;)

Yup. Still don't give a crap about the Seahawks other than when the Colts play them.

The Colts won (BTW, for the other guy who told me I should just smile and nod, I am indeed smiling as I write that).

So why are you still here other than to try to either:

1. Rub salt in it?
2. Try to convince us that the Colts are a lot better than they really are?

As for one, don't bother. I think almost all of us have moved on to the Titans....and before the season most of us expected to lose at least two by this point (given the 10am games and schedule) so at least for me, Seattle is playing with house money.

As for two, I saw the game, and I saw the Colts essentially spotted 14 points (and the game was decided by 6). That's without any discussion of the officiating.

Polaris

Reaction score
Bartmuley":1ap5q5ur said:
Polaris":1ap5q5ur said:
Bartmuley":1ap5q5ur said:

You know what's funny, you just mentioned the "power rankings" and there is a big link to them on ESPNs front page.

Now look at Football outsiders and all the other power rankings.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
Polaris":2brunors said:
Bartmuley":2brunors said:

Carolina was a struggle, that is true, but satistically Carolina is a lot better than their record indicates and Seattle DID beat Carolina both on the scoreboard and statistically as well. I'll give you Houston. Not Carolina. Yes, the Colts got the 'W', but Seattle on the field was the better team. The Colts got some VERY opportune breaks. Now that's football and that's the way it works, but don't try to tell me that the Colts were anything other than fortunate to get the W...and don't try to tell me that the Colts 'beat' the 'hawks in anyway but the scoreboard (which we've all granted). We've all said the Colts were a good team. But remember "any given Sunday" definately applied here.

No they didn't. They WON, yes, but Russell Wilson himself got only five less yards than the entire Colt's offense and both Wilson and Lynch had over 100 yards rushing. That's not "taking it to Seattle" by any means. I also point out that a blocked FG returned for a touchdown is almost pure luck (and you may see one or two in the entire NFL in a season). That alone was the difference in the game (and a 10 point swing). The Safety vs TD was a five point swing, and that's not even talking about all the other factors (like the slanted officiating).

Now all of this is football, but don't pretend you kicked us up and down the field back to Seattle when you didn't. You DID beat the Niners that way. Not us.

I would look at Football Outsiders. They have the best statistical breakdowns for the entire NFL of just about anywhere. As for the standings, last I checked we were both 4-1 so I wouldn't say much more about that either.

The Colts are 4-1 because they beat the Seahawks.

The Seahawks are 4-1 because they got beat by the Colts.

Youre the only one "pretending" here, talking about how many pretend games the Seahawks would beat the Colts and "power rankings" lol. Ill stick to the standings.

I'm talking reality which is the Colts beat the Seahawks.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
Polaris":2wrvpzxp said:
Bartmuley":2wrvpzxp said:
Polaris":2wrvpzxp said:
Bartmuley":2wrvpzxp said:

Now look at Football outsiders and all the other power rankings.

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Maybe I'll just go rewatch the game and see if the Seahawks win this time?

Bartmuley

Reaction score
Polaris":5j0ia4gn said:
Bartmuley":5j0ia4gn said:
twisted_steel2":5j0ia4gn said:
Bartmuley":5j0ia4gn said:
I didnt "lurk" lol.

Yet here you are. ;)

So why are you still here other than to try to either:

1. Rub salt in it?
2. Try to convince us that the Colts are a lot better than they really are?

As for one, don't bother. I think almost all of us have moved on to the Titans....and before the season most of us expected to lose at least two by this point (given the 10am games and schedule) so at least for me, Seattle is playing with house money.

As for two, I saw the game, and I saw the Colts essentially spotted 14 points (and the game was decided by 6). That's without any discussion of the officiating.

Lol, excuses, excuse, excuses. You kill me dude.

Your team got beat. End of story. The officials didnt throw that game ending pick.

Polaris

Reaction score
No one is saying that the Colts didn't win, but to say that the Colts were the better team (other than the scoreboard which everyone conceeds) is simply to be ignorant of how the game actually went down. No one is saying not to be happy with the win Colts fan, but don't pretend that some fortuitious breaks your way weren't descisive in that when it's damn well obvious (and on film) that it was.

Polaris

Reaction score
Bartmuley":3jrfh5mm said:
Lol, excuses, excuse, excuses. You kill me dude.

Your team got beat. End of story. The officials didnt throw that game ending pick.

Actually, your team should have been flagged for a personal foul on that last play. The blitzer clearly targeted Wilson, launched himself at Wilson, and then hit Wilson with the crown of the helmet.

NFL rules mandate a 15 yard penalty and an automatic first down. However, go ahead and convince yourself what you like. I obviously won't stop you, and the Colts really did play very well (no one here that I can see is denying it). Just don't pretend you somehow were dominate the way you were against SF. You. Were. Not.