Luck was great. The officiating was the worst i've seen.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Umm..Wilson and Luck throw for almost identical yards and TDs. Russell adds 100 yards rushing. Yeah, he missed a couple impactful throws, but those lauding Luck over Russell are being petty.

In a game against a good team, the margin of error is small. The addition of some bad calls definitely made a difference. The issue was the Hawks had to make fewer errors than they did (blocked FG...10 point swing there, overplaying the blocked punt for a safety...5 more points, and the missed assignment on the first TD, Etc).

So yes, the calls were impact full. Just not the only reason they lost.

keasley45

Reaction score
Teqneek":xcmam5ah said:
drastik":xcmam5ah said:
Russell Wilson needs to start stepping it up. He won't get to play the jaguars every week...

Yeah I know.. damn that 100 yds rushing when his receiver scant get separation or himself some time in the pocket.. Wilson is clearly a bum...

nobody said he's a bum. its great that he kept us in the game with his legs, but it would be great if he could take a cue or two from Luck and actually hit receivers when they are open and do get separation. Too many overthrows in a game when every play counts. And btw, if you watch the replays, we do have receivers open more than you'd think given the lack of success in the passing game.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Weadoption":3ofszzkg said:
Give credit to Luck, he beat you.

Read the thread title. Credit was given.

Luck was sensational in this game. The officiating was sensationally bad.

razgriz737

Reaction score
If they're going to call the game tight, then it at least needs to go both ways. I think what pisses me off the most was just the inconsistency of the officiating.

-Tate - OPI
-Colts 2 point conversion - No OPI

-Sherman/Hilton falls down play - DPI
-Rice sideline pass - No DPI

Those are just a few off the top of my head, but there are plenty more.

If we would've simply lost the game on our own, a la Miami, I would be bummed. But when you have to play against the other team AND the refs, it just sucks.

cmm4191

Reaction score
razgriz737":jssykz5k said:
If they're going to call the game tight, then it at least needs to go both ways. I think what pisses me off the most was just the inconsistency of the officiating.

-Tate - OPI

If we would've simply lost the game on our own, a la Miami, I would be bummed. But when you have to play against the other team AND the refs, it just sucks.
the two point conversiion wayne was being held bad so he pushed off they didnt call either the seahawks were playing dirty holding the whole game stop being a baby

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
LOL @ Russell needs to step up.

Small fact: Russell Wilson has never lost a road game by more than a TD.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":2kryc21g said:
drastik":2kryc21g said:
Russell Wilson needs to start stepping it up. He won't get to play the jaguars every week...

are you flippin serious? what more would you like him to do? run routes get open and throw to himself.. if anyone needs to step up its Rice, he didn't even make an effort to come back for that last pass, he gets no seperation. i'll take kearse over him any day at this point.

to say RW needs to step it up is just silly...
No, to say Russell Wilson needs to "Step Up", is goofy.
And you are exactly correct '84', Rice is really pissing me off more and more.
Last week, in Texas, he nestled down for a catch while his Quarterback was being smothered, and the defender played on the ball for the interception, and then again this Week in Indy., he does it again.
Does he NOT know that the opponents watch game tapes, and knows his tendencies?
Shit, I don't play Receiver, but even I know better than doing dumb ass plays like that, AND HE'S OUR #1 RECEIVER?

cmm4191

Reaction score
wow didn't know the seahawk fans were such babies, the seahawks held the whole game. i only saw one bad call on the tate push off. Colts were so beat up going into this game . Get over it luck beat wilson with a much worse team.

razgriz737

Reaction score
cmm4191":15bh3m2h said:
razgriz737":15bh3m2h said:

-Tate - OPI

the two point conversiion wayne was being held bad so he pushed off they didnt call either the seahawks were playing dirty holding the whole game stop being a baby
Lol, ok, will do.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Luck played a great game, but Wilson was just as good, if not better. Wilson threw for nearly identical yards and TDs and ran for 100 while on the road and playing behind atrocious protection. Oh, and his #1 TE also just happened to be out, and he didn't get the benefit of drive extending flags. This one wasn't on QB play for Seattle.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
cmm4191":1xqojr6u said:
wow didn't know the seahawk fans were such babies, the seahawks held the whole game. i only saw one bad call on the tate push off. Colts were so beat up going into this game . Get over it luck beat wilson with a much worse team.

arent you a peach.

sorry you didnt happen to see the other 9 calls that were gifted to you.

Indy is a much worse team? Werent you 11-5 and a playoff team last year? Werent you at home today? Want a rematch in November at the Clink?

Lol I didnt think so.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Easy to talk shit after a win. What a pansy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2f3k5t7v said:
I give up. All of you saying we lost because of the refs are absolutely right. None of the mistakes and bad plays Seattle made were a factor in the loss. The clutch play by Luck wasn't a factor in the loss. It was all the refs and that's the only reason.
NOT saying it WAS the only reason, JAY, but you prop up a guy like Andrew Luck with padded calls, and expect us to overcome?, yeah, okay SMFH

razor150

Reaction score
What a bunch of whiny sore losers. The call on Sherman was correct and obvious to anybody with eyes. Calling it a safety was correct as well, he didn't have control of the ball. Nice hustle though. The PI on Tate was bs. What lost this game was the defense, not the officials. The defense needed to step up and they choked just like they did in Atlanta.

Also, I have just about had it with Wilson overthrowing wide open recievers. For all the plays Wilson made today the overthrows impacted the game far more than the officiating.

Tical21

Reaction score
Having been an official for several years, I am not one to knock them too often. Why is everybody glazing over what was by far the worst and most impactful call. Hello? The Jeron Johnson TD. That was CLEARLY a TD, I have no idea how you could possibly rule differently. 17-0, game over, period.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
keasley45":311hjt2h said:
Teqneek":311hjt2h said:
drastik":311hjt2h said:

Yeah I know.. damn that 100 yds rushing when his receiver scant get separation or himself some time in the pocket.. Wilson is clearly a bum...

nobody said he's a bum. its great that he kept us in the game with his legs, but it would be great if he could take a cue or two from Luck and actually hit receivers when they are open and do get separation. Too many overthrows in a game when every play counts. And btw, if you watch the replays, we do have receivers open more than you'd think given the lack of success in the passing game.

maybe if he would get a couple mulligans on 3rd downs with pass interference he could

Hawkpower

Reaction score
razor150":3a6dtz60 said:
What a bunch of whiny sore losers. The call on Sherman was correct and obvious to anybody with eyes. Calling it a safety was correct as well, he didn't have control of the ball. Nice hustle though. The PI on Tate was bs. What lost this game was the defense, not the officials. The defense needed to step up and they choked just like they did in Atlanta.

Also, I have just about had it with Wilson overthrowing wide open recievers. For all the plays Wilson made today the overthrows impacted the game far more than the officiating.

So the rule book states that if a defender (Sherman) is pushed, he should be flagged for PI?? Guess Sherman should have ducked to avoid being pushed and thus flagged.

Learned something new today.

Thanks Razor.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":jhooq7ex said:
keasley45":jhooq7ex said:
Teqneek":jhooq7ex said:
drastik":jhooq7ex said:

maybe if he would get a couple mulligans on 3rd downs with pass interference he could

I think my favorite was the 3rd and forever when luck chucked it wildly down the field and Browner was flagged for running in the vicinity of the reciever....

Kixkahn

Reaction score
The refs call from what their opinion is on pass interference calls. When a call is made for one team but the identical situation happens for the other team and no call, it matters. Call it even that is all we truly want, if you are going to call it on us call it on them too.