Loyalty Questioned

jhawk91

Reaction score
Wenhawk":20vztzej said:
Live in Mississippi, Germany and Texas from 2003-2012. Just move back into the Puyallup Area. I have been repping the hawks the whole time everywhere I went, rarely ever did I see anyone in Hawks gear but instantly therewas a head nod or go Seahawks, or something. even back in Feburary when I first moved up here there was not many with Hawks gear and I felt an instant bond with anyone who had on gear. Now there are so many people with Hawks gear on I fell like if I wear my stuff I'm a bandwagon fan. I know I am a fan I don't need to display it to fit in with all the masse's that all of a sudden have Hawks stuff on, where where they in January-October?

Does that seem wierd to anyone else?

It's like that where I live to, I wore Seahawks gear close to every day possible this year and even previous years and I hardly got a single person who said anything to me but in the last few days wearing my Super Bowl hat I've suddenly gotten a lot of people saying nice hat or just saying go hawks. I'm like where the heck where these people before the Super Bowl.

Mick063

Reaction score
The atmosphere of the Clink will never die as long as the fans stay true. It doesn't matter when they became fans.

They just need to make noise. They just need to cause beast quakes. Even in their own home, watching on TV, in some far off place.

This is the only duty of the fan.

JFair

Reaction score
nepahawk":1o3iifdt said:
volshawk":1o3iifdt said:
Nepahawk, where are you from? I grew up in Nanticoke, PA and have been a fan for over 30 years and, yeah, still get called a bandwagon from time to time. While it gets frustrating, still pretty damn cool we have a team that is worth jumping on the bandwagon with!

Hey volshawk,
I'm from Exeter, grew up in West Pittston.
Small world!!

Checking in from Berwick. There are a couple of Hawk fans around here but not many.
I could care less about what anyone thinks. I have worn hawks gear for 30 years and now it gets noticed. So be it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
This reminds me of a pretty fun day the other day I had.

I walked into McDonalds with my Seahawks hoody on, dude saw me, had on an orange hat... turned it around it was a Broncos hat, looked at me and pointed at it... I guess he didn't watch the game?

Then a few minutes later, another dude asked me if i was new to the seahawks fan thing, I just smiled and said "been around long enough to remember Michael Sinclair" dude didn't know who Michael Sinclair was, I just gave a smirk and gave a quiet "go hawks' to him, he hit me with it right back.

volshawk

Reaction score
Not to highjack the thread, but I actually welcome bandwagon fans - the more the merrier. For those of us that live outside of Seattle, there is nothing worse to showing up to a road game (often the only chance we get to see the team play live) and be the only ones in Seahawks gear. My best experience (fan wise, not result) was the playoff game in Atlanta last year. 12s were representing big time...it was truly awesome to have that many of us in the same place during a road game. I don't care how many bought their jersey that day...they were there. That's all that counts.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2zbkxvxb said:
Another thing to shoot back with is 2-12. The Hawks record the first season. The NFL didn't start playing 16 games until the 1979 season.
And if you really want to show off you can tell people this is not our first time in the NFC since we ere in the conference for that one expansion year before moving to the AFC West in year two.
38 Club indeed :D

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
My stepdaughter is a prime Grade "A" definition of a bandwagoner. Met my current wife in 2009--and her daughter was a Steelers fan with a Big Ben jersey. We'd talk about how she was born into a family of Hawk fans and popped out of the woumb in Seattle for cripes' sake. How could she root for the Steelers? She'd just smirk and say that the Seahawks deserve no love because they always suck.

During 2012 season she then comes over to the house...in a brand new Kaepernick jersey. I laughed, told her that she again has forsaken her birthright and betrayed her family (I was making a joke--sorta) while proclaiming her devotion to the latest popular team. Her response is the same, naturally. And of course when we lost to ATL her posts on Facebook about the Niners became even more frequent and condescending.

Tsk tsk. Now that we are the WORLD CHAMPIONS (love typing that! YES!) she is forbidden to even sniff the tires on this bandwagon. Sorry, you've slept with the enemy FAR too much to get near this team, girlie!

Loyalty counts. But don't take it too hard if someone questions your fandom. There are plenty of people like my stepdaughter that only care about the limelight, with zero interest in the suffering/pain/agony/rapturous joy that comes with being a true fan.

And those people deserve the grief they get.

MammothHawk

Reaction score
Living amongst niner fans; i have resorted to the old logo with blue on the hawk, or just sport my Hasselbeck Jersey! Happened a few times already

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3q7a70o2 said:
My stepdaughter is a prime Grade "A" definition of a bandwagoner. Met my current wife in 2009--and her daughter was a Steelers fan with a Big Ben jersey. We'd talk about how she was born into a family of Hawk fans and popped out of the woumb in Seattle for cripes' sake. How could she root for the Steelers? She'd just smirk and say that the Seahawks deserve no love because they always suck.

During 2012 season she then comes over to the house...in a brand new Kaepernick jersey. I laughed, told her that she again has forsaken her birthright and betrayed her family (I was making a joke--sorta) while proclaiming her devotion to the latest popular team. Her response is the same, naturally. And of course when we lost to ATL her posts on Facebook about the Niners became even more frequent and condescending.

Tsk tsk. Now that we are the WORLD CHAMPIONS (love typing that! YES!) she is forbidden to even sniff the tires on this bandwagon. Sorry, you've slept with the enemy FAR too much to get near this team, girlie!

Loyalty counts. But don't take it too hard if someone questions your fandom. There are plenty of people like my stepdaughter that only care about the limelight, with zero interest in the suffering/pain/agony/rapturous joy that comes with being a true fan.

And those people deserve the grief they get.
She isn't a bandwagoner as much as she is a front runner.

Happy

Reaction score
Yeah living in Florida it's been weird with the team suddenly being so high profile. It's different feel than than before. Even in 2005 there's just wasn't a buzz around the team like there is now; it was still uncool to be a Seahawk fan, which I kinda liked.

I can remember being 6 years old and watching the team on TV in Oregon, and my loyalty to my roots has never wavered, it's music and culture too, not just sports teams.

Local people are genuinely puzzled when I explain that I've lived here since 1998 and never considered following the local team. I'm just as baffled as to why I would. There's a lot of things about the pacific northwest that I miss, so I keep those things close because it makes me happy.

Latest posts